MCM Dance Group - auditioning for new members (Registered)

This is the place to get information on the many fan run organised activities that take place at Expo over the weekend.

This is also the place to find information on what Expo organised MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL activities will be taking place, more information can found at: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features ... ringe.html

Re: MCM Dance Group - auditioning for new members (Registere

Postby EmosLastKiss on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 pm

;n; Sadly Splodge, we both have to revise... albeit you already seem rly gd at eng lang :'D!! R u doing an A Level in it or something then? ^^

I have maths on monday, history tuesday... then i think maths friday, and then history and maths on monday and tuesday. ;n;
My last exam is the one i'd rather do now x'D history of american west. I'm gd at it weirdly xD

AND OMG HINAME, REALLY?! O:
That is EXCELLENT news ^^! <333

ALSO, shukudai and himitsu~ I LOVE THE MEDLEY OF DANCES X''D <33 i might learn for the lulz~
EmosLastKiss

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Whoa, that's a lot of exams! And yeah I'm doing AS atm (: I thought you were doing AS as well? If you are that's a lot of exams!
splodge82

Postby MeowMeow15 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:09 pm

@ELK - Are you doing GCSE's? I did the History American West exam :') Best exam of the lot, I swear. I MISS HISTORY ;____;

So my brother and his girlfriend broke up and she left him with about 6 binliners of clothes telling him she didn't want them, so he just gave me loads. NEW CLOTHES, YOU GUYS. Some of them are really expensive and haven't even been worn. I hope they fit!!

How is everyone? ^_______^ x
MeowMeow15

Postby generationdance on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Good thanks Meow! ^.^

Ok i've run my idea past Riida! (Shukudai and Himitsu will get this lol)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So with all the changes and everything i thought i'd put across some of my ideas..

I was looking at other dance groups on YouTube and such.. namely Cloudstrife718 who dance to Kpop.. They've become really popular recently, so i did a lil research, and i found that they have a really great team behind them to sort out everything, from Twitter, Facebook, YT etc. And also coming up with ideas to keep subscribers interested, editing vlogs, that kind of thing.

I think it would be really good to get as much support as that, of course it'll take a lot of hard work, but i'm willing to help, because i love everyone's enthusiasm.

Ok, my ideas:
1) We get a dedicated team to sort out advertising, promoting, organising.. like what i said above. We were thinking, possibly Lucky, Rasp, Himitsu, Shukudai and myself. That's just a suggestion based on recent posts. If anyone is interested (or isn't) just gimmie a shout! I was thinkin probably a team of about 5 or maybe 6 tops.

2) We set up a Twitter, LiveJournal, Facebook fanpage, and revamp the YouTube page. I think these are the best platforms for reaching people.

3) The team could have weekly discussions via FB perhaps, about the direction we want to go in, and come up with ideas, and then consult FC and Hiname to see if they approve, and then the rest of the group.

4) After we know what we're doing, we get everyone to promote promote PROMOTE...The best way is through blogging and forums to be honest. The more support we have behind us the better.

Its just an idea that came to me (while i was watching Godzilla, random ^^). Of course you don't have to go through with anything.. But whatever you choose to do i shall try my best you support you guys.

GD
:mrgreen:
generationdance

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:58 pm

That sounds like a wicked idea GD, it's perfect, advertising is the key to so many people's success!

If you want, after my exam on Monday I can put together a little montage video that introduces all the members, shows clips of them dancing and advertises their youtubes and things. Like a welcome to our page thing we can have as our channel's featured video?
splodge82

Postby Hiname on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Splodge: I also like your idea. We have come up with so many ideas!!!! I am so proud of you all 8D

Ps in addition to that we could have our own profile pic in the style of Hello!Project, you know how they pose with the head to waist/or bust shot whilst posing with a White background (or what ever colour background we have) whilst wearing our chosen colours eg mine being teal :) what do you think??
Hiname

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Cool I'll get started on that after the exam (: A way to kick start GD's campaign :D

Hiname if I can find a white background then sure :lol:
splodge82

Postby MeowMeow15 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Hang on. That all sounds really good, but if you're holding auditions for new members then surely you should wait until after new members are selected before making a video introducing everyone? It just makes more sense =X
MeowMeow15

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:32 pm

I won't just introduce everyone who's going on stage, I'll introduce everyone who's on the forums, so people like GD who aren't in the stage group (as of yet) are still in it (:

EDIT: Just remembered, now we're set to perform at Expo, I can write a piece about us for MCM Buzz!!! I'll do it after the website has been launched, then I can link our youtube and our website ;)
splodge82

Postby MeowMeow15 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:43 pm

I mean if someone who isn't on the forum yet decides to audition and become part of the group.
MeowMeow15

Postby Failedcosplayer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Well from what I can tell current active . members are.
Himitsu
Shukudai
Kittz
GD
Meow
Raspberry
CIC
LS
ELK
Hiname
FC
Splodge

The rest aren't that active as of yet so that's why they're not included xD
Everytime we add a few . members we should introduce them in a video x'D
Should we have a limit on members?
And should we have a mix of Members and trainees?
Failedcosplayer

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Yeah making a video to introduce new members later sounds like a plan!

Er, there are members and trainees? I thought we were all members?
splodge82

Postby raspberry on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:55 pm

I think weekly discussions would prolly just start more arguments xD
raspberry

Postby Failedcosplayer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm not talking about now Splodge. Maybe later....I dunno x'D
It was just an idea x'D

Weekly talks would be good :)
Failedcosplayer

Postby generationdance on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 pm

I like your idea Splodge!

The weekly discussions would just be about how best to promote the group :)
I think firstly lets decide who would LIKE to be involved in setting up the various pages..

Just copy this and add your name at the bottom if you're interested:
GD
generationdance

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Ta daa! GD be proud!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQk-cZibjBo

I think I did okay, it was pretty hard in those heels >_< Tell me what you think!
splodge82

Postby Kittz on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Wait wha I'm part of . productions o.o Since when XD

Amazing cover Splodge! I tried to dance to happy Synthesizer with 6 inch heels.. yeah didn't work XD
Kittz

Postby generationdance on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:08 pm

splodge82 wrote:Ta daa! GD be proud!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQk-cZibjBo

I think I did okay, it was pretty hard in those heels >_< Tell me what you think!

OMFGFAOCNASDDAJKDALDAKLDAOIPXA
What is this? Well i''l tell ya! It's bloomin AWEEESOMEEEEEE!!
You have made me a very proud SONE (snsd fan, for those who didnt know) !!

I know its not necessarily your style of dance, but you did it proud! I personally want to see more Kpop dances from Miss. Splodge xD

Wohh..heels..so high..

*Goes to learn rest of Mr. Taxi*
generationdance

Postby EmosLastKiss on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:13 pm

RIGHT GUYS. THIS IS FC. TALKING ON ELKS ACCOUNT LIKE A BOSS.
PlusIcan'tbebotheredsigningintomyaccount.....

SO. SERIOUS TIME NOW.

Hiname and myself have had a discussion. On bad things and good things. but we've covered quite a few points on what went down last night.

FIRSTLY. THE BAD POINT.

1. Raspberry.

If you cannot commit yourself to this group then I suggest you rethink about your place in this group. We are not saying get out, we are giving you the option as you do not seem to be really interacting well with the rest of the group.
And what we need in this group is for us all to get along. Which seeing your behaviour yesterday you showed the exact opposite. You also showed up late to practice and still in cosplay. Which shows a lack of commitment.
You have argued multiple times with the group. Not just recently but before as well. You also slightly embarrased the group on the podcast by trash talking Beckii which was uncalled for.
Please do not feel as if we are ganging up on you. This is what we have deduced from your recent behaviour.
Think about the fact that quite a few people are dying for a place on stage.

Now onto good point!

2. The promotion team.

We are going to have a 5 person promotion team. Headed by GD if you will do the honours of leading it?
THE PROMOTION TEAM ARE.
GENERATIONDANCE (Leader)
SHUKUDAI
HIMITSU
LUCKYSTARLET
EMOSLASTKISS

So yeah, you're all in charge of promotion :D Which is a website, the youtube site, a twitter, the bookface page and all the other things I have forgotten about :D

NOW GET TO WORK ;D

3. Our stage time.

We need to work out what 3 Morning Musume songs we are doing now. EVERYONE can vote. Even 'fans' x'D
The dances we have to choose from are.
well...
I've forgotten...
OH.
Mikan (Rubbish dance shot)
Resonant Blue (Rubbish dance shot)
Pepper Keibu
Naichau Kamo
Shouganai Yume Oibito
Nanchatte Renai
Kimagure Princess
Maji Desu ka Ska!
Only You
Short vers. 3,2,1 Breaking Out

And then we need group dances, people can do groups and people can do solo's if they want to. I think we should all team up and tell each other what dances they think they should do with others. As then you're not picking dances for yourself and stuff...if that makes any sense x'D

WE NEED TO DO THIS ASAP.

4. COSTUMES.

We're going for BLACK + WHITE!

WE NEED TO DISCUSS WHAT STYLE WE NEED THEM IN.

RIGHT.
I'M GOING NOW.
ELK'S KICKING ME OFF THE LAPTOP ;D
BYE-BYE AWESOME PEOPLES ;D

AND SPLODGE THAT COVER IS AMAZING. KUDOS TO YOU FOR DANCING IN HEELS ;D
EmosLastKiss

Postby Himitsu on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:39 pm

-Salutes GD-
Please to be working with you 'Riida'. :lol:
-Salutes rest of team-
Please let us do our best.
8)

sagdksahdjska. SPLODGE. <3
That cover is amazing! The solo bit (instrumental bit) was AWESOME. And christ, how are you feet not killing in those heels?! (They are very nice btw. xD )
This has inspired me to learn this... Not today though. x____x Might do it tomorrow or Sunday. Jade already knows half of it. xDDD I thought you were a bit stiff at the beginning, but during the chorus, I think you got the hang of the heels or something because then you just went into 'KPop Dance' mode and rocked even more. :lol: Well done! <3

I VOTES. UM.
- Naichau Kamo
- Shouganai Yume Oibito (AR. Torn between this and Nanchatte. D; )
- Maji Desu ka Suka!

These I would LOVE to watch from you guys. ^^ (They do count, right? XD )

Ah~
Just waxed and exfoliated my legs and now they are so smooth~ Neglected them over the holidays and exam season. xDDD
-Decided to pamper self-
Now I going to put on a Japanese Sake mask. .________. B-But... IT PEELS OFF. sdgsa. I have so much fun peeling it. xDDD
Himitsu

Postby generationdance on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:48 pm

-salutes fellow team members-

Right my plan of action..
1) Watch Fight Club
2) Take notes on Fight Club
3) Go to bed!

I'll confer with everyone tomorrow :)
NIGHT. PEACE. ALL THAT JAZZ.

GD
:mrgreen:
generationdance

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Thank you so much for the comments guys! I will keep trying to get better and better at Kpop! What should I attempt next? I love Genie and Hoot... And Chocolate Love, and Oh!, and Gee... :lol:

Okay, I'll compile the votes again (you know my love my tally charts :lol:) and announce the three most popular dances when the most active people have voted (ie the people on the list FC made a bit back). It will be an essential for the stage members of the group to vote, but any votes from other members will be added too.

I'd like to be considered for a solo, if not I'm happy doing a duet with someone (:

My votes are;
-Nai Chau Kamo
-Kimagure Princess
-Maji Desu ka Ska!

Himitsu how can you wax?! It scares the hell out of me :lol: And I have one of those facemasks!! I usually put a bit on my hands so I can peel it off :lol:

EDIT: Just a quick suggestion; instead of doing all the Morning Musume dances at once, it would quite cool to open with a Morning Musume dance, have another half way through, and the end with one as well. It'll give us a big entrance and a big finish, and add interest so people don't get bored 10 mins in - and give us a break :lol:

-FC you should write on the bookface page about that last post so everyone knows, some people don't check the forum often.
Last edited by splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splodge82

Postby Failedcosplayer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm

My votes are
-Only You
-Maji Desu ka ska
- Kimigure princess

I know CIC said on bookface that she votes for Only You and resonant blue and she doesn't care about the rest x'D
Failedcosplayer

Postby splodge82 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 pm

D: FC I can't find your post of all the active users, can you post it again? I've got to tick off who's voted and who hasn't >_<
splodge82

Postby Himitsu on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Splodge, it isn't so much a wax as it strips, but a cream based one... Though whatever it touches, it strips clean. OAO;;; My hands have been stripped a layer of skin and now squeek. >////< Plus, it has taken off my nail varnish. ;____; But you kinda put it on, wait 6 minutes, then wash! 8D
I would cry at true wax strip ones. T_______T My dad attacked my leg with one once... NEVER AGAIN. >C You should do Oh! 8D

Ahaha, they are so fun to peel, aren't they? ^u^ I love it when you go 'ARGHHH. '0' ' and stretch your face and it all breaks and stretches, creating tons of places to start peeling. *u*
-Weird person finds this fun-

FailedCosplayer wrote:Well from what I can tell current active . members are.
Himitsu
Shukudai
Kittz
GD
Meow
Raspberry
CIC
LS
ELK
Hiname
FC
Splodge