Sailor Moon cosplay meetup? (Registered)

This is the place to get information on the many fan run organised activities that take place at Expo over the weekend.

This is also the place to find information on what Expo organised MCM FRINGE FESTIVAL activities will be taking place, more information can found at: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features ... ringe.html

Sailor Moon cosplay meetup? (Registered)

Postby chronicwhimsy on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:14 pm

I couldn't start a new topic in the Fringe thread, so I put it here first. Sorry, mods, if this is the wrong place!

Anyway, who would like another Sailor Moon cosplay meetup for MCM in May? :)
chronicwhimsy

Re: Sailor Moon cosplay meetup?

Postby Adziu on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 am

Moved it to the right place. Good luck!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby habbo-hampster on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 am

i would love a sailor moon meet up in may it was so much fun last time, as long as its on the saturday then i will definatly be there cause im making a sailor v to go with my sailor venus cosplay
there is something in the air err... not likely
habbo-hampster

Postby Steffi on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 am

Well it's about time a Sailor Moon thread came up! Sadly, won't be going in May (I wish I could!), but I want to snoop in this thread anyway, checking on people's progress! Don't forget to take lots more photos of the shoot! :3
I had such fun last time, will be Classic Sailor Moon in October on Friday though.
Steffi

Postby habbo-hampster on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 am

Steffi wrote:Well it's about time a Sailor Moon thread came up! Sadly, won't be going in May (I wish I could!), but I want to snoop in this thread anyway, checking on people's progress! Don't forget to take lots more photos of the shoot! :3
I had such fun last time, will be Classic Sailor Moon in October on Friday though.

aww shame you cant be there :( will miss you
habbo-hampster

Postby chronicwhimsy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:18 pm

There were only 3 of use Sailor Mooning at Midlands on Saturday. I felt quite let down! Poor showing from the other cosplayers!

Now I'm doubly excited about London for a big meetup!
chronicwhimsy

Postby karislovesguineapigs on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Im cosplaying Super Sailor Moon on Sunday so hope to see some of you :)
karislovesguineapigs

Postby habbo-hampster on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:25 am

chronicwhimsy wrote:There were only 3 of use Sailor Mooning at Midlands on Saturday. I felt quite let down! Poor showing from the other cosplayers!

judging by last time there was quite a few people show up on the saturday so hopefully it will be like that again
habbo-hampster

Postby viewtiful911 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 pm

habbo-hampster wrote:
chronicwhimsy wrote:There were only 3 of use Sailor Mooning at Midlands on Saturday. I felt quite let down! Poor showing from the other cosplayers!

judging by last time there was quite a few people show up on the saturday so hopefully it will be like that again

Yup there was a lot last time. Just to say, I'll be going again. I'll be Tuxedo Kamen again since I'm a bit occupied with a top secret project to have any time to make a new cosplay.
viewtiful911

Postby Steffi on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm

I see that the ol' gang is gathering up again xD

Really makes me want to work on sprucing up my Classic Sailor Moon, even though it's for October :|

How's everyone? I'm still looking for some photos of my NQS... STILL! Any of you guys remember me being pulled the side right before meeting and getting photographed by some professional lady? Yeah, I totally forgot her name and I really want to see those photos T_T I can't find the interview either that I had with a friend!

Bring a notepad guys for writing down photographers names! Just a tip, I know I will! >.<

Anyone else having the same problem?
Steffi

Postby viewtiful911 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Steffi wrote:I see that the ol' gang is gathering up again xD

Really makes me want to work on sprucing up my Classic Sailor Moon, even though it's for October :|

How's everyone? I'm still looking for some photos of my NQS... STILL! Any of you guys remember me being pulled the side right before meeting and getting photographed by some professional lady? Yeah, I totally forgot her name and I really want to see those photos T_T I can't find the interview either that I had with a friend!

Bring a notepad guys for writing down photographers names! Just a tip, I know I will! >.<

Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'll be there in October, will very much depend on whether I'm still in my job or not but hopefully I shall be.

Anyways I'm good, especially since I've grabbed some cool Sailor moon loot the other week. I mentioned a while back I was after the kanji toy with Usagi/Chibi-usa speaking the kanji aloud, twas really rare and a bit expensive on Yahoo auctions (£40-50) but one just so happened to come on ebay, cost about £17 delivered! Bargain!

I've also got a nice event packed year aswell, obviously May expo, but also got another trip to Tokyo booked!

And no, I don't get the problems with being whisked away by professional photographers...*sigh*, but a notebook does sound like a good idea.
viewtiful911

Postby Steffi on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:35 pm

viewtiful911 wrote:I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'll be there in October, will very much depend on whether I'm still in my job or not but hopefully I shall be.

Anyways I'm good, especially since I've grabbed some cool Sailor moon loot the other week. I mentioned a while back I was after the kanji toy with Usagi/Chibi-usa speaking the kanji aloud, twas really rare and a bit expensive on Yahoo auctions (£40-50) but one just so happened to come on ebay, cost about £17 delivered! Bargain!

I've also got a nice event packed year aswell, obviously May expo, but also got another trip to Tokyo booked!

And no, I don't get the problems with being whisked away by professional photographers...*sigh*, but a notebook does sound like a good idea.

See that's with me and May Expo, if I had a job, I would consider going, but it's not just not having a job to be able to afford it, but I've got lots of exams that month so I'd rather focus on those. Congrats on the find, don't you just love it when those things happen? Always wanted a Cutie Moon Rod, couldn't since it was expensive online, until I found and bought one at Expo two years ago. For £15. Bargain! And it was brand new. I'd love to order from Yahoo Japanese auction one day (one day I get a job... If employers actually employ me ¬_¬) Oooh, jealous! I reaally want to go back to Japan, maybe next year T_T Keep a beady out for . stuff, you never know what you can find...

Ah, I didn't mean problems with getting whisked away from photographers, but rather when you get lots of pictures taken and only find half of them online (and usually the really bad ones) ^_^;; The only pictures I like of NQS was the ones at our photoshoot, and that one professional one somewhere else, the others are unflattering...
Steffi

Postby viewtiful911 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 am

Steffi wrote:See that's with me and May Expo, if I had a job, I would consider going, but it's not just not having a job to be able to afford it, but I've got lots of exams that month so I'd rather focus on those. Congrats on the find, don't you just love it when those things happen? Always wanted a Cutie Moon Rod, couldn't since it was expensive online, until I found and bought one at Expo two years ago. For £15. Bargain! And it was brand new. I'd love to order from Yahoo Japanese auction one day (one day I get a job... If employers actually employ me ¬_¬) Oooh, jealous! I reaally want to go back to Japan, maybe next year T_T Keep a beady out for . stuff, you never know what you can find...

Ah, I didn't mean problems with getting whisked away from photographers, but rather when you get lots of pictures taken and only find half of them online (and usually the really bad ones) ^_^;; The only pictures I like of NQS was the ones at our photoshoot, and that one professional one somewhere else, the others are unflattering...

Wow, did they finally stop censoring the word .? Thats nice of them.

Anyways, tis always nice when you find cheap things. I spent a lot of time in retro game shops in Japan last time looking for . games and also any other great games, I found Tales of Phantasia cheap aswell. I also did a lot of searching and (broken) japanese trying to find 1 special edition dvd of Clannad which had a music box extra, I pretty much gave up hope and then stumbled across it in Akiba. I've not decided on something to hunt down this time... yet.

Hopefully you can sort out a job soon anyways, tis terrible how hard it is at the minute. That being said I was really lucky last time, 1 year with very little in terms of interviews, and then got 2 job offers one after another. Good luck for your exams too!

I didn't get many photos outside of our group last year, few camera phone pics but I doubt they'd have shown up online. People tried to glomp more than take pics. I don't know whether that should be considered a compliment or not?

In other news anyways, I've decided on a 2nd cosplay for either May or October (If i go), its a simple one from one of this seasons anime, Madoka. I think it'll be nice being on 1 day a classic character, and the other a brand new one.
viewtiful911

Postby habbo-hampster on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 am

viewtiful911 wrote:
Steffi wrote:See that's with me and May Expo, if I had a job, I would consider going, but it's not just not having a job to be able to afford it, but I've got lots of exams that month so I'd rather focus on those. Congrats on the find, don't you just love it when those things happen? Always wanted a Cutie Moon Rod, couldn't since it was expensive online, until I found and bought one at Expo two years ago. For £15. Bargain! And it was brand new. I'd love to order from Yahoo Japanese auction one day (one day I get a job... If employers actually employ me ¬_¬) Oooh, jealous! I reaally want to go back to Japan, maybe next year T_T Keep a beady out for . stuff, you never know what you can find...

Wow, did they finally stop censoring the word .? Thats nice of them.

Anyways, tis always nice when you find cheap things. I spent a lot of time in retro game shops in Japan last time looking for . games and also any other great games, I found Tales of Phantasia cheap aswell. I also did a lot of searching and (broken) japanese trying to find 1 special edition dvd of Clannad which had a music box extra, I pretty much gave up hope and then stumbled across it in Akiba. I've not decided on something to hunt down this time... yet.

Hopefully you can sort out a job soon anyways, tis terrible how hard it is at the minute. That being said I was really lucky last time, 1 year with very little in terms of interviews, and then got 2 job offers one after another. Good luck for your exams too!

I didn't get many photos outside of our group last year, few camera phone pics but I doubt they'd have shown up online. People tried to glomp more than take pics. I don't know whether that should be considered a compliment or not?

In other news anyways, I've decided on a 2nd cosplay for either May or October (If i go), its a simple one from one of this seasons anime, Madoka. I think it'll be nice being on 1 day a classic character, and the other a brand new one.

im working on a sailor v costume which will hopefully be finished before may, got my trip to america first so im hoping to find some . stuff in the big anime shop there
habbo-hampster

Postby chronicwhimsy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 am

Steffi wrote:Ah, I didn't mean problems with getting whisked away from photographers, but rather when you get lots of pictures taken and only find half of them online (and usually the really bad ones) ^_^;; The only pictures I like of NQS was the ones at our photoshoot, and that one professional one somewhere else, the others are unflattering...

Hell to the yes, I have that problem. Had it with London Anime Con actually - I know there were a lot of pictures of me and my friend together, can I find any? No. And all the ones from Telford I look shiny and chinful. *sigh*

For me, the meet in May would be better on the Saturday, 'cause I'll be travelling down and setting up shop on the Friday, and then packing up and travelling home again on the Sunday, and travelling in cosplay, or carrying easily-accessible cosplay is not so much fun...
chronicwhimsy

Postby habbo-hampster on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 pm

chronicwhimsy wrote:
Steffi wrote:Ah, I didn't mean problems with getting whisked away from photographers, but rather when you get lots of pictures taken and only find half of them online (and usually the really bad ones) ^_^;; The only pictures I like of NQS was the ones at our photoshoot, and that one professional one somewhere else, the others are unflattering...

Hell to the yes, I have that problem. Had it with London Anime Con actually - I know there were a lot of pictures of me and my friend together, can I find any? No. And all the ones from Telford I look shiny and chinful. *sigh*

For me, the meet in May would be better on the Saturday, 'cause I'll be travelling down and setting up shop on the Friday, and then packing up and travelling home again on the Sunday, and travelling in cosplay, or carrying easily-accessible cosplay is not so much fun...

yeah would be better for me too cause im doing a yugioh cosplay on sunday and going to meet up with others so if its on saturday i dont need to change
habbo-hampster

Postby Steffi on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

habbo-hampster wrote:im working on a sailor v costume which will hopefully be finished before may, got my trip to america first so im hoping to find some . stuff in the big anime shop there

Ah, I went to America last summer, 'twas excellent. We went to four destinations, and the last one being San Francisco, we went to Japan town, one shop had Sailor Moon stuff (well most of it was sold out) but there was the Sailor Moon Movie box set for about $50, it was the official - not fake, oh why did I not get it? No I just had to have that huge Domo plushie and Sailor Moon plushie?...
But I did get to meet Mari Watanabe though, which was a plus!
I want to go back to San Francisco T_T

Did go to China Town as well in search of Sailor Moon stuff, no luck, but I did however find a nice Pikachu clock, and there was a store selling anime stuff, but no Sailor Moon...

*Strangles all the big bosses at dubbing companies* Bring back Sailor Moon to English speaking countries! D:
Last edited by Steffi on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steffi

Postby demonix on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Unfortunately I won't be attending in May either (I doubt most of the people would remember me that much since I was one of the photographers) since I'm a bit short of money at the moment (I've got 4 game and 2 blu-ray pre-orders that need money available for them plus all the tech and clothing buying (on credit) over the past few months is leaving me a bit short until at least June), but me and my camera should be attending in October (I'll most likely splurge on a weekend ticket this time) although I'll be leaving that lump of pig iron that I call a laptop at home since it left a impression on my left shoulder when I got back home.
demonix

Postby Steffi on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:04 am

Have any of you got a Deviantart or Facebook? Add me:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/xSteffi.chanx

Deviantart: http://steffisan.deviantart.com/

:)
Steffi

Postby habbo-hampster on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Steffi wrote:Have any of you got a Deviantart or Facebook? Add me:

added you on both :-)
habbo-hampster

Postby Steffi on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 pm

habbo-hampster wrote:

Yay! So we don't have to rely on just forums to communicate :D
Steffi

Postby habbo-hampster on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Steffi wrote:
habbo-hampster wrote:

Yay! So we don't have to rely on just forums to communicate :D

yeah i still cant believe im not going to get to see you in may :-(
habbo-hampster

Postby Steffi on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm

I'd like to, but having no job means money gets tight fast. My Dad won some money on the lottery yesterday and I got £50 which will go towards hotel costs in October since me and my fiance have already booked it for then (because of the medical convention going on in May we couldn't get a hotel either) so if something comes up for October we don't have to worry about it ^^
Steffi

Postby demonix on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Just so you know the request you got from the guy with the poor quality profile of his face is me (I took it using the front facing camera on my iPod touch since I didn't want to muck around with getting my older pictures uploaded) and I only created the account yesterday which is why it's lacking information.
demonix

Postby viewtiful911 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Steffi wrote:I'd like to, but having no job means money gets tight fast. My Dad won some money on the lottery yesterday and I got £50 which will go towards hotel costs in October since me and my fiance have already booked it for then (because of the medical convention going on in May we couldn't get a hotel either) so if something comes up for October we don't have to worry about it ^^

Yeah, the medical convention caused me to end up booking a hotel at Euston. Handy for dropping my things off when I first get to London, not so easy for expo!

Anyways I'll send you a facebook request now, I pretty much wiped my facebook a month or so ago so you won't get all the juicy details on my (lack of) exciting private life but I left it active for logging into websites and things, so I can still get messages on it.
viewtiful911

Next

Return to MCM FRINGE ACTIVITIES FESTIVAL @ EXPO