I sent Quinton Flynn an email about being a guest..

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

I sent Quinton Flynn an email about being a guest..

Postby froggycompany on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 am

It appears this could happen then, which would be pretty awesome. I sent the email to see whether he would be able to travel towards the end of October and it seems he is free to attend, Its just up to MCM if they want him as a guest.
This voice actor is a great bloke, and would be a popular guest due to being the voice of Raiden from Metal Gear, Axel from Kingdom Hearts, Henry from No More Heroes, Kon from Bleach, Iruka from Naruto and Reno in the Final Fantasy VII games.
Timon from Timon and Pumba too.

My fingers are crossed.
froggycompany

Re: I sent Quinton Flynn an email about being a guest..

Postby Warai Otoko on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 am

I hope so cus pumbaa was one of my fav characters.
Kimi wa kogara dakara, moshi itakattara itte ne.
Warai Otoko

Postby QueenOfEvilLaughter on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:28 pm

It would be awesome if he could come but from past experience it's unlikely to happen. Last May we got a similar agreement from Vic Mignogna and informed Expo of this. Unfortunately they failed to even ask him to attend.
QueenOfEvilLaughter

Postby Moondoggie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

It appears the Expo way of booking is wait until a month before the event to book anyone so all the good people are booked up and they can't make it so they settle for what they can get XD
Moondoggie

Postby Warai Otoko on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:21 pm

That's a shame, I'd really like to see this guy cus i really liked his role in the disney movie, Jungle book.
Warai Otoko

Postby froggycompany on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Warai Otoko wrote:That's a shame, I'd really like to see this guy cus i really liked his role in the disney movie, Jungle book.

You wanna see him in A Clockwork Orange.

ahhh see now im having fun too.
froggycompany

Postby Spirit Hairbrush on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:22 pm

This would be great ^^

Good job for actually getting in contact with someone yourself, let's just hope expo can follow suit :)
Spirit Hairbrush

Postby Demonique on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Warai Otoko wrote:I hope so cus pumbaa was one of my fav characters.

He voiced Timon in the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon (Nathan Lane only did The Lion King movies), not Pumbaa. Pumbaa was Ernie Sabella

QueenOfEvilLaughter wrote:It would be awesome if he could come but from past experience it's unlikely to happen. Last May we got a similar agreement from Vic Mignogna and informed Expo of this. Unfortunately they failed to even ask him to attend.

I heard that Expo are going to invite Viv back but are going to wait awhile, it won't be until at least next year.
Demonique

Postby Warai Otoko on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:17 am

Demonique wrote:
Warai Otoko wrote:I hope so cus pumbaa was one of my fav characters.

He voiced Timon in the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon (Nathan Lane only did The Lion King movies), not Pumbaa. Pumbaa was Ernie Sabella

Yeah i know i said jungle book was one of my favs, he was great in that.
Warai Otoko

Postby firefly827347 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Spirit Hairbrush wrote:This would be great ^^

Good job for actually getting in contact with someone yourself, let's just hope expo can follow suit :)

"Getting in contact" with a guest is only the first step. Contracts for guests take a long time to work out.
firefly827347

Postby Demonique on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:50 pm

firefly827347 wrote:
Spirit Hairbrush wrote:This would be great ^^

"Getting in contact" with a guest is only the first step. Contracts for guests take a long time to work out.

And a guest wanting to come doesn't mean they'll actually end up coming. Cons don't contact guests directly they go through their management and management can be difficult to work with. Patrick Stewart lost out on the role of Goliath in Gargoyles because his management was looking for too much money and also failed to to tell him about the offer, Patrick was furious because he had wanted a role on the show
Demonique

Return to GENERAL CHAT