Guest Suggestions

Discuss MEMORABILIA @ the NEC Birmingham, this is also where guests are announced and discussed. Don't forget to visit the main MEMORABILIA site also http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham

Re: Guest Suggestions

Postby whome3000 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:44 am

The reason why no ones heard of quite a lot of the more recent British Films or the stars that are in them is because they hardly every get into the movie theatres and normally go straight to DVD, as a lot of movie theatres in some areas of the country can not afford to take risks on films that have not got any 'star' the general public have heard of in general they would sooner take the latest Disney, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, etc films instead.

Some of the current guests are from a time when British Films did actually make it into the movie theatres and made money.

Also a lot of the guests are NOT people who where in masks, on Doctor Who, Star Wars, etc - they where the main stars or co-stars of the various TV and Movies they where in over the years.

ANYWAY..... a lot of the actors that where in Star Wars where British! - Alec Gunniess for one ;)
whome3000

Postby Warai Otoko on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:22 am

whome3000 wrote:ANYWAY..... a lot of the actors that where in Star Wars where British! - Alec Gunniess for one ;)

AND Patrick Stewart.
Kimi wa kogara dakara, moshi itakattara itte ne.
Warai Otoko

Postby whome3000 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:30 am

Warai Otoko wrote:
whome3000 wrote:ANYWAY..... a lot of the actors that where in Star Wars where British! - Alec Gunniess for one ;)

AND Patrick Stewart.

I don't recall ever seing Patrick Stewart in Star Wars, unless he was in one of the masks everyone keeps on about ;) ...... he was in Star Trek: The Next Generation not Star Wars!
whome3000

Postby Warai Otoko on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 am

You guys feed me so much it's a wonder why I'm not obese.
Kimi wa kogara dakara, moshi itakattara itte ne.
Warai Otoko

Postby Admin on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 am

whome3000 wrote:
Warai Otoko wrote:

AND Patrick Stewart.

I don't recall ever seing Patrick Stewart in Star Wars, unless he was in one of the masks everyone keeps on about ;) ...... he was in Star Trek: The Next Generation not Star Wars!

'WHOME' Dont bother answering this person as all he is doing is goading you, I will delete further posts from them in this thread if they are made

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby andini on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:43 pm

whome3000 wrote:The reason why no ones heard of quite a lot of the more recent British Films or the stars that are in them is because they hardly every get into the movie theatres and normally go straight to DVD, as a lot of movie theatres in some areas of the country can not afford to take risks on films that have not got any 'star' the general public have heard of in general they would sooner take the latest Disney, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, etc films instead.

Some of the current guests are from a time when British Films did actually make it into the movie theatres and made money.

Also a lot of the guests are NOT people who where in masks, on Doctor Who, Star Wars, etc - they where the main stars or co-stars of the various TV and Movies they where in over the years.

ANYWAY..... a lot of the actors that where in Star Wars where British! - Alec Gunniess for one ;)

Everyone of those movies I mentioned played the multiplexes. Just because they may be outside the mainstram of Dr Who, Star Trek, Merlin, James Bond, Stars Wars, Harry Potter or TV Gold doesn't mean they should be ignored. I'm sure many more people the world over would know Shaun of The Dead, Solomon Kane and The Descent over Captain Cronus and Village of the Damned.
Anyway, no issues over the guests already annnounced. Just hoping for even more variety.
andini

Postby Admin on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 pm

MEMORABILIA always has a wide reaching variety of guests from niche cult such as captain kronos through to Dr Who and more.

We are never going to please everyone.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hazehkm on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:26 pm

I've previously mentioned the amazing Lee Arenberg on here as a potential guest - especially as he was meant to attend in March, wasn't able to due to filming, but absolutely expressed a desire to attend in November.

If anyone has seen the first episode of the exciting new US (ABC) series "Once Upon a Time" - I am certain you will agree that any of the cast of this show (Lee Arenberg, Robert Carlyle amongst others!) would be fantastic guests at an event like this! Should snap up the cast now while the show is in its infancy - give it 12 months and they will be much harder to get as I suspect the show is going to be huuuuge! :D
Hazehkm

Postby whome3000 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 pm

andini wrote:Everyone of those movies I mentioned played the multiplexes. Just because they may be outside the mainstram of Dr Who, Star Trek, Merlin, James Bond, Stars Wars, Harry Potter or TV Gold doesn't mean they should be ignored. I'm sure many more people the world over would know Shaun of The Dead, Solomon Kane and The Descent over Captain Cronus and Village of the Damned.
Anyway, no issues over the guests already annnounced. Just hoping for even more variety.

Not every town has or is close to Muliplexes.... hence a lot of films as far as the local movie theatres are concerned are DVD releases only as they can not make enough money out of certain films hence the reason they don't show them.

i.e. my local movie theatre only has 5 screens but so it can not show ever film that is released, so it tends not to show films which it thinks it can not make money out of.
whome3000

Postby leigh on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm

homicide, spot on with guest suggestions, wwe stars, robert englund, lou ferrigno etc would be great crowd pleasers, unless you like dr who or old uk gold shows of course
leigh

Postby whome3000 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:03 am

leigh wrote:homicide, spot on with guest suggestions, wwe stars, robert englund, lou ferrigno etc would be great crowd pleasers, unless you like dr who or old uk gold shows of course

Lou Ferrigno's already been..... :D .... also UK Gold has not existed for a very long time ;) anyway - ITV3/4 show more old BBC TV and other old programmes than any channel these days, oh and old wrestling
Last edited by whome3000 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:06 am

Anyway how about:

The cast of Sherlock
whome3000

Postby andini on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 am

whome3000 wrote:
andini wrote:Everyone of those movies I mentioned played the multiplexes. Just because they may be outside the mainstram of Dr Who, Star Trek, Merlin, James Bond, Stars Wars, Harry Potter or TV Gold doesn't mean they should be ignored. I'm sure many more people the world over would know Shaun of The Dead, Solomon Kane and The Descent over Captain Cronus and Village of the Damned.

Not every town has or is close to Muliplexes.... hence a lot of films as far as the local movie theatres are concerned are DVD releases only as they can not make enough money out of certain films hence the reason they don't show them.

i.e. my local movie theatre only has 5 screens but so it can not show ever film that is released, so it tends not to show films which it thinks it can not make money out of.

OK I admit it, you;'re right, I'm wrong. More classic UK TV and current Saturday Tea time TV guest please!!!
andini

Postby whome3000 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:02 pm

andini wrote:OK I admit it, you;'re right, I'm wrong. More classic UK TV and current Saturday Tea time TV guest please!!!

Anyway did not Solomon Kane flop big time ? - cost to make: $45,000,000 - gross: $19,439,975

Well current Saturday Team Time guests would be people from Master Chief, Come Dancing, Family Fortunes (at a push as this would be going out of your tea time time frame) - are you sure you meant those - lol

Well I guess could always have Simon Pegg (As he's been in Doctor Who and Star Trek)
Last edited by whome3000 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Anyway how about:

Mark Gatiss
Martin Freeman
Una Stubbs

Simon Pegg
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:45 am

homocide wrote:whome what wrestling do they show then because i could have sworn wwe have purchased the tape libraries of every major wrestling company on the face of the planet. and the OLD wrestlers attract upwards of 2000 people to simple book signings at whsmith etc. then again im sure chris jericho would attract a greater amount of interest singing the greatest hits of s club 7 on a street corner than the current line up of STARS to this event

There was a time before WWE was shown in the UK - back when it was still breaking various trademarks by been called WWF. Indeed it still was WWF when it first came to the UK. There was a show on ITV that used to be shown for many years it was called World of Sport. These repeats of old wrestling are within a section still called 'World of Sport' and it is still owned by the UK! and yes back in the day it had huge audiences on ITV with the likes of Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, etc who became big household names in the UK. The USA do NOT own every major Wrestling footage wise, just they might currently have the best wrestling script writers.

Anyway: the quality of the 'current' guest as always is in the eye of the beholder some people would come just to see their childhood 'heros' / 'friends' from programmes from yesteryear. Some people might go who on earth is Chris Jericho other people would queue for ages to see him it all depends on your point of view.
whome3000

Postby andini on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 am

whome3000 wrote:
andini wrote:OK I admit it, you;'re right, I'm wrong. More classic UK TV and current Saturday Tea time TV guest please!!!

Anyway did not Solomon Kane flop big time ? - cost to make: $45,000,000 - gross: $19,439,975

Well current Saturday Team Time guests would be people from Master Chief, Come Dancing, Family Fortunes (at a push as this would be going out of your tea time time frame) - are you sure you meant those - lol

Well I guess could always have Simon Pegg (As he's been in Doctor Who and Star Trek)

Correct, Solomon Kane didn't fare well at THE CINEMA. Thta means nobody would be interested in meeting the terrible lead actor (James Purefoy, Iron Clad, Rome, Resident Evil, Camelot) or dreadful director (Michael J Bassett, currently making Silent Hill: Revelation 3D with Sean Bean, Malcolm MacDowell & Carrie Ann Moss).

Saturday teatime - Doctor Who, Merlin, Robin Hood, Primeval etc (perhaps Mrs Whome has your tea on the table for 5 pm sharp)?

Mmeorabilia would never get Simon Pegg now he'd cost way too much.
andini

Postby whome3000 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:24 am

andini wrote:
Correct, Solomon Kane didn't fare well at THE CINEMA. Yep Flop :lol: as was Camelot :roll:

Saturday teatime - Doctor Who, Merlin, Robin Hood, Primeval etc

Mmeorabilia would never get Simon Pegg now he'd cost way too much.

Just for reference technically speaking Saturday Teatime - is 4pm to 5pm in the UK.

Also I think you will find that Merlin is on around 8.15pm these days way past Teatime which is up against The X-Factor.... (The latest TV version of Robin Hood finished long ago)

At Teatime in the UK - it's SPORT normally on BBC 1 then Master Chief ;) (Oh unless you are secretly wanting the Master Chief team to turn up!)

Anyway has not Simon Pegg been to events like these before ?
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 am

Anyway how about:

Some of the cast from BBC's Mid-Evening line up hit Merlin as it is still proving to be very popular on BBC One even up against The X-Factor!
whome3000

Postby leigh on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

i wish they would get some wwe stars, or rocky stars this is the 1st event in years i havent been tempted by at least 1 guest, its worse line up in a long time, couple of good sport stars but seen them last year, hope theres some good announcements to come
leigh

Postby whome3000 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:52 am

Don't Sky TV own exclusive rights to WWE in this country at the moment, as they charge extra for some of the bigger 'scripted matches'. Plus do you really think that a certain Mr Murdock would really want some rivial channel on his system in the UK, not going to happen really is it.

A lot of the guests are actually brought in by external companies, including charitys, additional to ones that the event itself brings. Maybe one of the bigger charitys could attract a 'big' Sports star to donate some of their time for the event.
Last edited by whome3000 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:52 am

Anyway - Guest Suggestions:

Herbert Lom
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Clive Dunn
Ian Lavender
Bill Pertwee
Frank Williams
whome3000

Postby Talie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 pm

leigh wrote:i wish they would get some wwe stars, or rocky stars this is the 1st event in years i havent been tempted by at least 1 guest, its worse line up in a long time, couple of good sport stars but seen them last year, hope theres some good announcements to come

Dear god no WWE stars

Walking Dead Cast is a good call though (earlier post)

Get Claire Grogan and I would be over the moon
Christianity has Pagan DNA
Talie

Postby skooler on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:51 pm

leigh wrote:i wish they would get some wwe stars, or rocky stars this is the 1st event in years i havent been tempted by at least 1 guest, its worse line up in a long time, couple of good sport stars but seen them last year, hope theres some good announcements to come

here here
skooler

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT