Guest Suggestions

Discuss MEMORABILIA @ the NEC Birmingham, this is also where guests are announced and discussed. Don't forget to visit the main MEMORABILIA site also http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham

Re: Guest Suggestions

Postby whome3000 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 am

I see most a lot of the posts about who is currently supplying a lot of the guests at the moment for the November event keep 'vanishing'....

Anyway..... how about:

Christpher Lee
Gareth Thomas
George Cole
whome3000

Postby rickyparty on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 am

As no models have been announced yet, any chance of Jessica Jane Clement from the Real Hustle? She'd have some television credentials as well and could probably get some other of the Real Hustle team to join her perhaps... Wishful thinking on my part maybe? :)
rickyparty

Postby bunny on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:02 pm

Yeah I wondered what happened to my post.
Anyway would love Christopher Lee, New Tricks cast especially Dennis Waterman, George Cole, Robert Hardy and Susan Farmer.
bunny

Postby whome3000 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:21 am

How about.....

David McCallum
John Barrowman
Eve Myles
whome3000

Postby DGTWoodward on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Good idea on the 30th anniversary of ONLY FOOLS & HORSES to have a reunion of beloved cast, but either (or even both) of the 'Big Two' would be awesome as well!

Good selection of guests so far, please do keep them coming, and interspersed with guests from the USA shows too.

V happy so far! :D
DGTWoodward

Postby Admin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 pm

obiyoda wrote:It's getting like the BBC at the memorabilia now. The 30th anniversary of Only Fools and Horses????? Okay, where's DAvid Jason and Nick Lyndhurst? No, suppose not. in other words more repeat performances. Come on, please, people keep offering suggestions every year and we seem to get the same people over and over and over again. What was last year? Oh yeah, some anniversary of 'Allo 'Allo, what can we expect for next year? An anniversary of Prisoner Cell Block H?
Please, please, please give us loyal memorabiliacs a reason to come in these hard economic times. please give us someone who is CURRENTLY on TV in an American Genre show. I know you've got the bloke who plays Rory in Doctor Who, but even then it's only on sunday.... but come one MCM give us what we want, or at least someone who has been in a show in the last year or so. We have seen the OFAH cast and the Allo Allo cast and the Prisoner cast over and again.
I have been a loyal visitor to the memorabilia since the very first show back in the day, and I have seen it steadily decline. What happened to the promises we had last year of MCM making some BIG changes this year?????
Here's hoping and dreaming and.......... :(

Whats wrong with Only Fools And Horses?

Please explain to my why this reunion would not be current, considering it is 30 years and that the BBC feel it is big enough to film a special documentary that will air aswell.

We cant please everyone all of the time but I for one am looking forward to mmeting the cast as I know there will be others from the show yet to be announced.

As for Prisoner and Cell Block H they are still extremly popular with a very healthy following wihich was proved when they last attended, expecially in the case of the Allo Allo Reunion.

Memorabilia is about diversity and yes we do bring in US guests and will continue to do so.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby matt7984 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 am

Mark Patton from 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 2' would be a great guest http://www.facebook.com/#!/markpattonNOES2

Also any other Nightmare on Elm Street guests would be great
matt7984

Postby cloudysky on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Can I suggest the cast of Merlin? Seeing as the show will be airing at the time (and I've still yet to meet any of them lol).
cloudysky

Postby CaptainKindling on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:55 pm

I don't know how Memorabilia is for voice actors, but I'd love to see Jennifer Hale there. Especially with her in the upcoming finale to the Mass Effect trilogy as 'FemShep :)
I know where my towel is.
CaptainKindling

Postby rickyparty on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:59 am

goonerdave wrote:Keeley Hawes

What Dave said, times 1000000 :)
rickyparty

Postby firefly827347 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:18 pm

obiyoda wrote:Okay, let's get this into perspective shall we? If you're going to quote me, at least read it first. I didn't say anything was wrong of OFAH, for its time it was good, same with Allo Allo and the same with Prisoner Cell Block H(sort of), what I am saying is that these people have been here time and again and it's time for some fresh guests. If you look at the other collectors fairs/conventions then you will see that they weigh the guests up well with a very good assortment of older guests and newer talent from such shows as Supernatural/Fringe/ SGU etc etc. This is obviously what your customers want from what has been said on here nearly every single time. All we want is some diversity in the guest list. We want to see people we haven't seen before, like Derek Jacobi (good choice there), and the bloke who plays Rory from Doctor Who(ditto- but obviously it would be nice to see the main two there as well). you've had Brett Hart recently, you've had two members of the Merling cast, we know you CAN do it, and it is still early so there is time. As for the comment about the BBC, what I meant so cryptically by that comment was not only the repeat stature of the guests, but that it seems lazy to have the same people over and again .
Hopefully my comments will be read and inwardly digested and if we are lucky even acted upon(?) I will still turn up in November regardless, but please give us what we want!

I'm a bit confused, are you saying that MCM haven't booked people from the shows I've highlighted? For London Expo, MCM have booked guests from SGU and from Fringe - Alaina Huffman, Jamil Walker Smith, John Noble and Jasika Nicole.
"...two members of the Merlin cast" - Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Angel Coulby and Katie McGrath have all attended the London show within the last few years.
Main cast members from Eureka and Warehouse 13 have also attended London Expo. Both are popular and modern shows.

Different guests are booked to cater for tastes at different shows - maybe you'd find the London event more suited to you? This year Memorabilia is also being held in London at the same time as Expo with the opportunity to attend both shows. Keep an eye on http://www.londonexpo.com and http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/london for updates :)
firefly827347

Postby whome3000 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 am

firefly827347 wrote:I'm a bit confused, are you saying that MCM haven't booked people from the shows I've highlighted? For London Expo, MCM have booked guests from SGU and from Fringe - Alaina Huffman, Jamil Walker Smith, John Noble and Jasika Nicole.
"...two members of the Merlin cast" - Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Angel Coulby and Katie McGrath have all attended the London show within the last few years.
Main cast members from Eureka and Warehouse 13 have also attended London Expo. Both are popular and modern shows.

Different guests are booked to cater for tastes at different shows - maybe you'd find the London event more suited to you? This year Memorabilia is also being held in London at the same time as Expo with the opportunity to attend both shows. Keep an eye on http://www.londonexpo.com and http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/london for updates :)

I believe they where actually on about the NEC event NOT the London Expo. Also THIS years Memorabilia is STILL at the NEC just that there is also an additional Memorabilia event which is in London.

Also not everyone can get to London especially at the cost of public transportation from the North of The Watford Gap.

Anyway how about:

Some of the Cast from Back to The Future including: Christpher Lloyd as he does appear to have started doing a few events of late in the UK and Beyond.
whome3000

Postby firefly827347 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:50 pm

whome3000 wrote:
firefly827347 wrote:...Different guests are booked to cater for tastes at different shows - maybe you'd find the London event more suited to you? This year Memorabilia is also being held in London at the same time as Expo with the opportunity to attend both shows. Keep an eye on http://www.londonexpo.com and http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/london for updates :)

I believe they where actually on about the NEC event NOT the London Expo. Also THIS years Memorabilia is STILL at the NEC just that there is also an additional Memorabilia event which is in London.

I am aware of that - I said that "...Memorabilia is also being held in London...". I was also aware they were talking about Birmingham as I suggested that London may be more their thing.

whome3000 wrote:Also not everyone can get to London especially at the cost of public transportation from the North of The Watford Gap.

I understand that, it was just a suggestion in case the poster was unaware that guests more suited to their tastes had attended MCM events elsewhere in the country.
firefly827347

Postby xenajo on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Clancy Brown Please!!! :)
xenajo

Postby whome3000 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:19 am

suggested guest removed from list and the word event removed as well as it would appear to have upset people :(
Last edited by whome3000 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:28 am

Ok then how about.... David Tennant - if those words are aloud
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:31 am

How about John Barrowman and the rest of the Torchwood cast to join Kai Owen
whome3000

Postby Admin on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Still a while off and I know that guests are being worked on.

Some of the guests want to do london so are unable to make birmingham so we are working others
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:29 pm

obiyoda wrote:Errr. what happened to my comment? I mentioned your London show that was all????

We dignified it with the answer that we felt it required by deleting it!

For your information MEMORABILIA Birmingham is here to stay and we feel the likes of Derek Jacobi and Arthur Darvill to name but a few are good calibre guests.

Anthony Daniels is unable to do Birmingham as he will be in America, we invited him but he can not make it.

The fact that he can not make it, does not mean that Memorabilia Birmingjam is going anywhere!

Pease refrain from further posts as the one deleted.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:30 pm

homocide wrote:shawn michaels was due to appear at a much smaller event . the company folded its no longer happening but he.s willing to appear at that mediocre event surely you could get him to yours maybe even kevin nash both have open contracts with wwe that allow them to appear at independant events . just think of people appearing who are still on worldwide tv that would be a change wouldnt it

We had already spoken to Shawn Michaels management before he was approached by the wrestling promotion.

It is no suprise it folded with the sort of money that he was asking for.

Be great to have him but not at the cost he wants.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:25 pm

obiyoda wrote:So, basically we can't express our opinions? Okay, fine at least we know where we stand now don't we.......

everyone is allowed an opinion but your words were unwarranted and had no foundation that is why the post was deleted.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:25 pm

homocide wrote:shame but thanks for the reply admin is it still the intention to bring in some former wrestling stars as they always seem to draw a cracking crowd . ok im being a little biased on that being a huge wrestling fan

We are working on this hopefully will make it happen
Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeoJonz on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm guessing it would blow the guest budget, but talking of anniversaries - its also the 45th anniversary of Star Trek this year. Have anyone from any of the series been approached to see if they can attend?
NeoJonz

Postby leigh on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:25 am

its 35 years since rocky was released , please could we have some rocky guests, carl weathers, burt young, talia shire an tony burton would be awesome, would love to see lou ferrigno an robert englund too
leigh

Postby ItsAllGravy on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:31 pm

bolo yeung, bolo yeung, bolo yeung please get him would be a great guest how popular was John saxon a few years ago. I am sure Bolo would pull a massive crowd with him being in two of the best martial arts films in Enter the dragon and Bloodsport.
ItsAllGravy

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT