PLACES TO EAT AT MEMORABILIA

Discuss MEMORABILIA @ the NEC Birmingham, this is also where guests are announced and discussed. Don't forget to visit the main MEMORABILIA site also http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham

PLACES TO EAT AT MEMORABILIA

Postby martha14 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:55 pm

:?: WE ARE NEW TO MEMORABILIA AND OTHER THAN WITHERSPOONS ARE THERE ANY BUDGET SNACK PLACES IN THE N.E.C, WE ONLY NEED A SANDWICH AT LUNCHTIME NOT A HUGE MEAL AND DON'T WANT TO PAY A FORTUNE FOR A SANDWICH.
IF YOU HAVE ATTENDED BEFORE CAN YOU ADVISE SOMEONE WITH LIMITED MOBILITY WERE I CAN FIND A LOW PRICE SANDWICH, ANYWERE CLOSE TO THE MAIN EVENT. THANK YOU :) . M
martha14

Re: PLACES TO EAT AT MEMORABILIA

Postby reesfinlay on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Subway is the best option. Other places are known to charge crazy prices. But it can get really busy around lunchtime.

And my advice is take some bottles of drink and snacks with you to save money.
reesfinlay

Postby Rarewolf on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:36 pm

There are more places to eat at the Airport, which is on the other side of the short free monorail by the train station.
Rarewolf

Postby whome3000 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:50 am

As there are quite a few other events on at the NEC at the same time as Memorbilia (November), most of the food places are normally open near the actual event. Including within the venue hall itself.

Otherwise if you do go to the airport you have to walk from one side of the NEC to the other and then get on the Monorail.
(Which then you will find you have spend quite a large amount of time going their instead of actually been at the event)

It's normally only the 'spring' event where there are pratically no food places open apart from what ever is inside the hall itself.
whome3000

Postby manitoba49 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Its SUBWAYS everytime.... Heaven!!! :lol:
manitoba49

Postby CaptainKindling on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:42 pm

I've just got back from setting up my stall for the weekend, so I've had a look inside the hall. There's a fish & chip stand and a crepe stand inside the hall itself, though I didn't get a look at prices. Then there's the cafe in the corner of the hall which can be a bit pricey, and the likes of Starbucks and Subway just outside. So there's a decent selection of places to eat, I just can't really comment on prices unfortunately.
I know where my towel is.
CaptainKindling

Postby JayTee on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Certainly Subway gets the most attention I feel but there is also a pub (I think a Weths) selling food and drink further down the halls which is always a nice treat :D
JayTee

Return to GENERAL CHAT