Dance meet!

Discus the MIDLANDS MCM EXPO at the International Centre in Telford.

Let us know what you like and what you want to see.

Re: Dance meet!

Postby Kittz on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:46 pm

aquashadowcat wrote:Count me in for Maji Love 1000% (I know all 6 parts XD), I'll bring my entire H!P list along too...I might be able to learn Bad Apple by then buh I doubt any of the others

Yay o3o <3 I'm cosplaying Shou with a Ren (Whom I'll convince her to join us)
It would be great if you could have a speaker for us~
I know I already mentioned this but it would be fun if someone did a medley of every song suggested on this board Something like this and everyone can go in if they know the dance or just want to wiggle XD
Kittz

Postby aquashadowcat on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Kittz wrote:
Yay o3o <3 I'm cosplaying Shou with a Ren (Whom I'll convince her to join us)
It would be great if you could have a speaker for us~
I know I already mentioned this but it would be fun if someone did a medley of every song suggested on this board Something like this and everyone can go in if they know the dance or just want to wiggle XD

I was extremely close to cosplaying Natsuki buh I'm going as Kazemaru Ichirouta from inazuma Eleven

http://animeproject.org/files/Kazemaru% ... outa_1.JPG

I was planning on just bringing all of my music with me XD (that's 50 songs alone for Utapri) and I'll download the rest of the vocaloid stuff and other generic stuff people are asking for
aquashadowcat

Postby aquashadowcat on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:46 pm

AngelBless wrote:Oh wow, really? That would be amazing if you could bring it! I think we've got one or two others bringing speakers, but we don't know how loud they'd be, so any offers for loud speakers/players are really appreciated ^^

Is it a CD player, or do you connect it to an MP3 player?

It's neither, it's a fancy thing from china where you just plug in a usb drive (pen drive/flash drive or what other variations people like to call them) or a micro SD card.....I found out that theyre the best ways to get maximum volume....it does have an mp3 connector buh it's not half as loud
aquashadowcat

Postby AngelBless on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:06 pm

So all we need is an USB stick/SD card with the music on? That sounds pretty awesome :D Do you have one to put all the songs on or do we need someone to bring one?
Midlands '14- Serena (Pokemon)
AngelBless

Postby oElectronic on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:17 pm

.....And just to double check, your speakers are battery powered right Aquashadowcat? It'd be a shame to turn up on the day to find out we couldn't even use them... xD
oElectronic

Postby xMooWithMehx on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 pm

I would really avoid bringing ALL of your music, we'd have to skip through tracks for hours to find the dancing ones, right? D:

I have all of the songs anyway so i'll bring mine along just incase ^_^
Manchester: Feferi (Homestuck)
xMooWithMehx

Postby aquashadowcat on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Well I'm too lazy to scan through and find all the tracks people want so if everyone brings what they want on a flash drive then you can all play what you want. I'l make sure it's fully charged (full battery lasts about 9 hours)
aquashadowcat

Postby oElectronic on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:10 pm

But wouldn't it be better if just one person has the music? I guess it'd be better than having to search for the different people with the different music during the meet, and having to always change the usb. I wouldn't mind just bringing all the music...?
oElectronic

Postby xMooWithMehx on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:14 pm

It would make sense to do all of the songs on the list first since they're the ones everyone on here has kind of agreed to, meaning they're the most popular. Then afterwards other songs can be danced, obviously. I'm not trying to spoil anyone's fun here i'm just trying to make it more efficient! I know I have somewhere I need to be so it can't last forever and i'm sure a lot of other people are the same. If most people are waiting around because a lot of dances they don't know are going on then they might have to leave without dancing all of the ones they want, me included D:

I have all of the music on the list and I can get is on micro SD, normal SD, memory stick mp3 player, whatever really ^_^

Then if Aqua uses her music for the hello project an, Utapri was it?? Haha sorry if i'm wrong ^v^"
Manchester: Feferi (Homestuck)
xMooWithMehx

Postby aquashadowcat on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 pm

XD okie works for me, I'll bring H!P and Utapri and someone else can bring the rest, the speaker accepts USB or Micro SD as it's best playback but I'll bring the MP3 player connector cable just incase (though it won't be as loud)
aquashadowcat

Postby lucario4ever101 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 pm

i know there is only like a week left but i was wondering if i could request the dissaperence of hatsune miku (game version) please, i did it in a college performance and loved it =]
DONT MAKE A POKEMON CRY EVERY TIME YOU DO A TWILIGHT VAMPIRE DIES
lucario4ever101

Postby AngelBless on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 am

Can't say I've seen for dance for that before, could you give me a link to it so I can find the right mirror? If you're alright dancing it alone if no one else knows it.

We're gonna try and get the larger group dances done first and sneak solos/those with a very small amount of dancers inbetween if people want a break or afterwards. Just a heads up ^^
AngelBless

Postby HowayMan on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 am

I can also bring a battery-powered loudspeaker as a backup, which can be connected with any MP3 player. So you guys please bring your own MP3 player containing your fav dance music coz simply I don't have enough time and energy to download all the music listed above xD
At least I'll bring Hare Hare Yukai (both TV size and full), Happy Synthesizer, Caramelldansen, Saikyo Pare Parade and Motteke Sailor Fuku (not sure you need it though).
HowayMan

Postby AngelBless on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm

So now we know Hironobu Sakaguchi's panel is at 1pm, thanks to the admins (http://www.myebook.com/ebook_viewer.php?ebookId=114597). The question is, do people want the meet at an earlier time to fit more dances in (say, 11:30-45am or something,), since people are gonna wanna leave anywhere up to half and hour early to get good seats. They fill up way too fast X_x

As for the Warwick Davis panel, does that really affect anyone? We can't push the meet too early or people who are on general entry won't have any time to look around beforehand, so I want everyone's opinion on this before the big day.
AngelBless

Postby oElectronic on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah I was thinking maybe 11:45 or something....? Does anyone know how long the normal entry ques are normally? It's just I kinda worry if some people come in normal entry and won't even be able get in on time for the meet o.o Especially since Midlands gets more and more popular every year.
oElectronic

Postby AngelBless on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 pm

The queues can get pretty big, but I don't think there's any other way of getting the dances we want done on the day unless we make it earlier ._. I remember there being a large amount of people queueing from about 10:45, but I think it goes down quite a bit by about 11:30. Can't remember exactly tho', so I think we'll just have to go for it and see what happens.

Will that mini advertisement on FaceBook need reposting with the new time if we stick with 11:45?
AngelBless

Postby oElectronic on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 am

From 10:45? So people start queing before they can even get in? Coz normal entry is at 11 right?
But yeah, so we're deffo gonna stick with 11:45 then? If so then I guess I'll just repost everything on facebook again tomorrow xD
oElectronic

Postby AngelBless on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 am

Yeah, people come beforehand to be earlier in line for general entry. I dunno if they can get to the actual ticket booth and stand there until 11, but it builds up quite a bit if I remember right.

And yeah, I think 11:45'll be best. I think we've got more than enough time to get the main bult of the dances done before 12:30 so there's time to get something to eat and find seats :3
AngelBless

Postby oElectronic on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:31 am

There we go, posted it on about 5 different facebook pages ^_^;
Only 2 days left! Gotta start practising the dances again today xD
oElectronic

Postby AngelBless on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks a lot, here's hoping we get a great turnout this year =D

Just a random thing, but I added up rough times for all the dances listed to see how long the meet would take. ....We have an hour's worth of dancing here o_o I think we're gonna have to prioritise, otherwise there won't be enough time to get seats for the Q&A with Hironobu Sakaguchi. I mean, it's an hour for the songs one after another, breaks not included XD

Although, I don't think I'm waaaay to fussed about getting good seats for the talk. It's more about listening than the view you get, and people'll most likely record it. But still, I'm sure a lot of people'll want good seats.
AngelBless

Postby oElectronic on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Prioritise? By that do you mean removing some dances or changing the order or...?
And in all fairness I'm not that worried about getting seats anyway. To be honest even if we finished as early half 12, just an example, I doubt there'd be seats regardless coz Warwick Davis' talk is a bit before Hironobu's, and the majority would just stay seated. Or people would just start getting seated around that time since he's a pretty big guest.

Anyways regarding breaks, didn't you mention just having the less popular dances inbetween the popular ones to give people a break? I think that was a good idea ^_^ Coz I don't recall having breaks in the past anyway...? xD Unless I just didn't realise I dunno.
oElectronic

Postby AngelBless on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

I know some people needed a minute or two just to catch their breath between dances. I was one of them 'cause of my stupid athsma >.< Good thing I've got a brand new inhaler for the day!

By prioritise, I meant seeing which dance most people want to do who's there at that moment, so there won't be a lot of people waiting for most wellknown dances.

I think it'll just be a case of trying to fit in as many as we can and hope people enjoy the show, both when dancing and watching ^^ We probably won't know how it plays out until we're actually there, but fitting in smaller dances inbetween does sound like a good idea for people to be a bit more relaxed during the whole thing ^^
AngelBless

Postby oElectronic on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh! Maybe that's why I didn't notice the breaks then if they were only a couple of minutes long. For some reason when you said a break I kinda thought of it as like 5-10 minutes inbetween dances or something :lol:

And that sounds like a good idea, but then I was kinda thinking it might get a bit messy since it's not like a set order. Like it might take a couple of minutes for everyone to come to a decision (coz surely not everyone will happen to want to do the same dance at the same time), therefore wasting a couple of minutes when a whole dance or atleast half a dance could've been done in the meantime. And plus some people may begin to get annoyed if the dances they want to do keep on being pushed back due to popularity or whatever else. I mean I'm not bogging down the idea, it's good but I'm just thinking about the possibilities here xD
oElectronic

Postby Angel Tear on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Are there any plans to have our dances filmed? It's just a random thought the other night but haven't gotten around to coming back here lately with cosplay making. I mean I would personally love if if we could be able to look back on it all, but on the other hand if some people dont like to be filmed it's probably a good idea to find that out now.
Angel Tear

Postby AngelBless on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:18 pm

How about I have a list, and maybe us two look over the dances and we call out which one's next? Like 'everyone up for Love & Joy, we're doing that now' and all that X3

It'd take me forever to figure out a set order for stuff, so having the list in a random order and deciding from there usually works best for me. Worked with previous expos when I wanted to be a bit more organised, at least ^^

@Angel Tear - the dances will be filmed (at the very least most of them), by my sister and a few others. Last year I made a full video on the dances my sister recorded, so this year I'll do the same, as others will, I'm sure :D
AngelBless

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT