Homestuck Meetup

Discus the MIDLANDS MCM EXPO at the International Centre in Telford.

Let us know what you like and what you want to see.

Homestuck Meetup

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:36 am

TIME: 1 o'clock
MEETING PLACE: When you get in you'll see a corner with lots of windows on the far left opposite the ticket cues (For those who have been there before, I mean where the dance meet is usually held.) Next to that there is a door. Go out the door and you'll see some stairs on your left. That is where we will be.

I'll be the Terezi with a Miku Hatsune shoulder-bag and a purple bucket XD

I will bring food. Is that enough to bribe you to come? XD Not proper food, just crisps and maybe Pocky. We may also have Faygo...

Things we shall do at this meetup:

- DRINK FAYGO FROM BUCKETS. (This is just a joke but you can if you want o.O)
- Fall down stairs
- Draw
- Dance WH4T NOW?? and Double Rainbow.
- Our Dave is bringing the music so if you have any requests I can tell her.
- I also have this lingering idea of doing a photoshoot. If anyone's interested in this then I have someone who is willing to take photos.
- Just general randomness.

Cosplayers

Beck Noir - Smish

Dave - LeftOverMangos

Eridan - livianimegirl

Gamzee - MoonChildHMS

John - She doesn't have an account here. She's doing the God Tier version.

Karkat - UkeUnderDog, Loveless

Sollux - Kapow

Terezi - XxOtakuChiceexX (me), Rogue of Mind, lilchann

Vriska - xMooWithMehx

We may also have an Equius.
Last edited by XxOtakuChiceexX on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 15 times in total.
XxOtakuChiceexX

Re: Homestuck Meetup

Postby Rogue of Mind on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 am

I know from Cosplay Island that there are quite a few people doing Homestuck for this Expo.

For myself, I'm doing Terezi (normal outfit), assuming my horns arrive in time which they should. But I have Rose as a back-up plan in case something does go wrong. Either way I'll be a definite Homestuck.
Rogue of Mind

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:12 am

Rogue of Mind wrote:I know from Cosplay Island that there are quite a few people doing Homestuck for this Expo.

For myself, I'm doing Terezi (normal outfit), assuming my horns arrive in time which they should. But I have Rose as a back-up plan in case something does go wrong. Either way I'll be a definite Homestuck.

Okay, awesome
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby xMooWithMehx on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm going as Vriska, robot arm version.

I also know a few friends going as Homestuck characters :3
Manchester: Feferi (Homestuck)
xMooWithMehx

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

xMooWithMehx wrote:I'm going as Vriska, robot arm version.

I also know a few friends going as Homestuck characters :3

Haha, amazing
I'm so excited now :D
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby UkeUnderDog on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Homestuck meetup yesssss : D

I'll be there as karkat with a gamzee, plus I'm pretty sure most of the people I know going will do homestuck too c:
UkeUnderDog

Postby Rogue of Mind on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 pm

UkeUnderDog wrote:Homestuck meetup yesssss : D

I'll be there as karkat with a gamzee, plus I'm pretty sure most of the people I know going will do homestuck too c:

Excellent! Huzzah for big Homestuck groups!
Rogue of Mind

Postby lilchann on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Im being terezi
Last edited by lilchann on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilchann

Postby livianimegirl on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 pm

I'll be there as Eridan! :D
I'm still working on my cosplay but you can see updates on it here: http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/overview/ToroSonyCat for anyone who is interested in seeing.
Sat/Sun - Mituna
livianimegirl

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:11 pm

livianimegirl wrote:I'll be there as Eridan! :D
I'm still working on my cosplay but you can see updates on it here: http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/overview/ToroSonyCat for anyone who is interested in seeing.

Hi there, you probably don't remember me but I seem to find you on every website I go on XD
Can't wait to see your Eridan cosplay when it's finished :D
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby Rogue of Mind on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:41 am

livianimegirl wrote:I'll be there as Eridan! :D

So excited to see your Eridan in person!

(also, hi! xD)
Rogue of Mind

Postby dan-dan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:30 pm

im not doing homestruck but i dont mind being ur photographer as well

btw its danielle off facebook
may - syaoran, black*, DTK
dan-dan

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm

dan-dan wrote:im not doing homestruck but i dont mind being ur photographer as well

btw its danielle off facebook

Haha, yeah, I figured XD
Sure, you can be the photographer
Thanks, that helps a lot :D
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby dan-dan on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:34 pm

its fine always there to help and i can also help u organise things
may - syaoran, black*, DTK
dan-dan

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:34 pm

dan-dan wrote:its fine always there to help and i can also help u organise things

Thankyou again :3
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby livianimegirl on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Okay, I'm excited to see all you Homestucks at Expo but looking at the 'things we're going to do' list can I just.. advise a few things? We don't want to make a bad name for ourselves, do we?

Okay so firstly - drinking from buckets.
Funny as it may be in the context of the comic, this is kind of a gross thing to do. Buckets generally aren't really that clean and aren't made to be used as drinking vessels. If we have Faygo, that will be amazing but let's not drink it from our buckets, please.

Secondly, the chalk. Now, I know it happened at London and it was fun at the time even though it did spiral madly out of control but it's kind of considered as vandalism if you're drawing in chalk on public property (I know it's innocent and chalk washes off easily but the point still stands) and there was rumours of Homestuck meet ups even being banned at Expos if it happened again so let's please not do that. Okay?
Sat/Sun - Mituna
livianimegirl

Postby Kapow on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:53 pm

I'll be going as Gamzee (o: I'm going to attempt to get faygo but failing that I'm making and bringing sopor slime pie.
Midlands MCM:
Gamzee Makara
Kapow

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Kapow wrote:I'll be going as Gamzee (o: I'm going to attempt to get faygo but failing that I'm making and bringing sopor slime pie.

Awwww yeeeeee Gamzeeeee ;)
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby UkeUnderDog on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:55 pm

livianimegirl wrote:Okay, I'm excited to see all you Homestucks at Expo but looking at the 'things we're going to do' list can I just.. advise a few things? We don't want to make a bad name for ourselves, do we?

Funny as it may be in the context of the comic, this is kind of a gross thing to do. Buckets generally aren't really that clean and aren't made to be used as drinking vessels. If we have Faygo, that will be amazing but let's not drink it from our buckets, please.

Secondly, the chalk. Now, I know it happened at London and it was fun at the time even though it did spiral madly out of control but it's kind of considered as vandalism if you're drawing in chalk on public property (I know it's innocent and chalk washes off easily but the point still stands) and there was rumours of Homestuck meet ups even being banned at Expos if it happened again so let's please not do that. Okay?

So mainly the chalk, I can bring a bunch of paper if you guys want? Because I'm pretty sure it's illegal to draw on public property.
UkeUnderDog

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:15 pm

livianimegirl wrote:Okay, I'm excited to see all you Homestucks at Expo but looking at the 'things we're going to do' list can I just.. advise a few things? We don't want to make a bad name for ourselves, do we?

Well, the "drinking Faygo from buckets" thing was just a joke XD
And I did think that the chalk might be a bad idea
I definately don't want Homestuck meets to be banned so I guess I shall have to take that off the list ):

Thankyou btw :3
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:17 pm

UkeUnderDog wrote:So mainly the chalk, I can bring a bunch of paper if you guys want? Because I'm pretty sure it's illegal to draw on public property.

Yush, please bring paper if it's not too much trouble :3
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby Rogue of Mind on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 pm

I don't think I've seen the original list of this (/have probably missed where the FB group's hiding) but I have to agree especially with number 2. I'm bringing chalk as a prop but yeah, we don't want to get ourselves a reputation as being troublemakers when we can just bring paper or other stuff to draw on.
Rogue of Mind

Postby MoonChildHMS on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm going to be coming as Gamzee as well so that's gonna be twice the miracle-ness. I'm gonna bring some Faygo with me and maybe some Sopor Slime (made out of natural yoghurt and green food colouring) My friend might be coming as Terezi as well.
MoonChildHMS

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:49 pm

MoonChildHMS wrote:I'm going to be coming as Gamzee as well so that's gonna be twice the miracle-ness. I'm gonna bring some Faygo with me and maybe some Sopor Slime (made out of natural yoghurt and green food colouring) My friend might be coming as Terezi as well.

Awesome :D
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby pltshp on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:56 am

I shan't be Homestucking but I shall be rolling around at some point to say hi and get a few pictures, if that's cool c:
May Expo (Sat): Gary Oak
pltshp

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT