cosplay progress

Discus the MIDLANDS MCM EXPO at the International Centre in Telford.

Let us know what you like and what you want to see.

cosplay progress

Postby dan-dan on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 pm

so how r people getting on with there progress

for blackstar i have the base of the costume and i have just ordered the wig and im defenantly gonna get it before the expo
may - syaoran, black*, DTK
dan-dan

Re: cosplay progress

Postby anakha on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Hopefully should have my wig by expo......outfit itself touch and go if I can finish it
anakha

Postby oElectronic on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Uhhh, progress.....isn't going very well ^_^;
I stupidly decided to order me and my cousin's Mario and Luigi hats only this week. And it should come two weeks before the expo at the earliest, or maybe on the week of the expo at the latest. Hopefully before the Saturday morning if things go wrong... xD I know that's still a bit of time but I prefer to have stuff ready quite a bit before.
Also, we've got to find tops that match the hat colours and we've also got to get dungaree's still. We're going shopping this weekend to see what we can find, and if we get desperate and can't find anything we're gonna have to go to Birmingham and have a look around :lol:
oElectronic

Postby Purplecat95 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I've almost finished Gumi - everything is in my possession, it's just finishing touches now. Like painting the hood! XD :mrgreen:
Purplecat95

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:42 pm

For Terezi everything I've ordered has arrived except the horns - I'm kinda panicking cuz I ordered them in November, I think?
And I still need to buy the wig, shoes and figure out how I'm making the blind cane
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby dan-dan on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 pm

XxOtakuChiceexX wrote:For Terezi everything I've ordered has arrived except the horns - I'm kinda panicking cuz I ordered them in November, I think?
And I still need to buy the wig, shoes and figure out how I'm making the blind cane

for the cane if it dosnt matter to u if it is bulky and then cardboard and loads of red paint
may - syaoran, black*, DTK
dan-dan

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 pm

dan-dan wrote:
XxOtakuChiceexX wrote:For Terezi everything I've ordered has arrived except the horns - I'm kinda panicking cuz I ordered them in November, I think?

for the cane if it dosnt matter to u if it is bulky and then cardboard and loads of red paint

Thankyou :3
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby Rogue of Mind on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:00 pm

As an alternate to cardboard, if you can get to a Wilkinsons, I made mine using one of those poles for net curtains (the 1m one) and duct tape. I have some photos here if you want to see, and I can take more if you would like. Also, when I bought the pole originally I ended up carrying it around Sutton Coldfield with me all afternoon and it's pretty non-annoying to carry as it barely weighs anything.
Rogue of Mind

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Rogue of Mind wrote:

As an alternate to cardboard, if you can get to a Wilkinsons, I made mine using one of those poles for net curtains (the 1m one) and duct tape. I have some photos here if you want to see, and I can take more if you would like. Also, when I bought the pole originally I ended up carrying it around Sutton Coldfield with me all afternoon and it's pretty non-annoying to carry as it barely weighs anything.

Thankyou, your cosplay looks great btw :D
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby Rogue of Mind on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:23 pm

XxOtakuChiceexX wrote:
Rogue of Mind wrote:

Thankyou, your cosplay looks great btw :D

Thank you :D It still needs a few tweaks but it's mostly there.
Rogue of Mind

Postby TheBucko91 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:37 pm

My costume is 99% complete.

Went out to find a pair of black skinny jeans and the right kind of shirt last week, unfortunately the shirt that Matt Smith wears in the show isn't available anymore.

I just need to sew my elbow patches on now and perhaps find some better braces.
TheBucko91

Postby oElectronic on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:08 am

Ugh, things have gotten better. We've got our hats and the tops, however dungarees are NOWHERE to be seen. Been in every clothes shop in Wolverhampton, and every clothes shop in Birmingham and STILL no dungarees. I think we're gonna have to settle for dungaree shorts and freeze to death on the day of the expo, and just wear knee high socks with them or something....the joy of searching things for your cosplay >_>;
oElectronic

Postby Rogue of Mind on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:45 am

oElectronic wrote:Ugh, things have gotten better. We've got our hats and the tops, however dungarees are NOWHERE to be seen. Been in every clothes shop in Wolverhampton, and every clothes shop in Birmingham and STILL no dungarees. I think we're gonna have to settle for dungaree shorts and freeze to death on the day of the expo, and just wear knee high socks with them or something....the joy of searching things for your cosplay >_>;

Have you tried eBay? There might be something there that would work (bit of a luck-based mission but worth a shot?)
Rogue of Mind

Postby oElectronic on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:26 am

Yup! But they either didn't look right (the colour was too light, not the right style, whatever) or didn't have them in my cousins and my size. That's what makes it harder, because we both need the same dungarees and sometimes they have it in my size but not hers or vice versa. Also we did come across a few others online but they were too expensive, since we're not really willing to pay more than £30-£35 for a piece of clothing that we won't wear often xD That's why we thought we'd look in town since it'd more likely be cheaper there.

But yeah, since we're like....FEMALE Mario and Luigi I guess the cosplay can have a bit of a twist to it anyway. Seen quite a few pictures online and there are quite a few variations so we should be ok xD Still a bit worried about the cold but I guess it'll only matter when going from the car to inside. I'll just have another look today and see what I can find.
oElectronic

Postby Purplecat95 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:38 pm

oElectronic wrote:Yup! But they either didn't look right (the colour was too light, not the right style, whatever) or didn't have them in my cousins and my size. That's what makes it harder, because we both need the same dungarees and sometimes they have it in my size but not hers or vice versa. Also we did come across a few others online but they were too expensive, since we're not really willing to pay more than £30-£35 for a piece of clothing that we won't wear often xD That's why we thought we'd look in town since it'd more likely be cheaper there.

But yeah, since we're like....FEMALE Mario and Luigi I guess the cosplay can have a bit of a twist to it anyway. Seen quite a few pictures online and there are quite a few variations so we should be ok xD Still a bit worried about the cold but I guess it'll only matter when going from the car to inside. I'll just have another look today and see what I can find.

I wouldn't worry about it being too cold with the dungaree shorts, really. :) If you're not hanging around outside and only going from the car to inside the Expo, it shouldn't matter. You'll soon warm up inside! :3
Also: not sure if you're already doing this, but of course wearing flesh coloured tights (which you can pick up dead cheap from town) will probably prevent you from feeling too cold too! ^^
Anyway, good luck with the rest of your cosplay, I hope to see you at Expo! :mrgreen:
Purplecat95

Postby oElectronic on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Well we were thinking about wearing some (hopefully fairly thick) knee high socks with the dungaree shorts, mainly for decoration which is why we picked them over the idea of tights. Also socks tend to be thicker and more warm than tights xDD But I really appreciate your advice though! Hopefully it should all be sorted by the end of next week ^_^
oElectronic

Postby Rogue of Mind on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 pm

oElectronic wrote:Well we were thinking about wearing some (hopefully fairly thick) knee high socks with the dungaree shorts, mainly for decoration which is why we picked them over the idea of tights. Also socks tend to be thicker and more warm than tights xDD But I really appreciate your advice though! Hopefully it should all be sorted by the end of next week ^_^

You could always have tights under the socks? If you're really worried about not being warm enough.
Rogue of Mind

Postby oElectronic on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Yeah I thought about that too actually, shortly after I posted. Thanks xD
oElectronic

Postby Purplecat95 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Yeah, tights under socks is what I meant, sorry! XD But anyway, can't wait to see! :mrgreen:
Purplecat95

Postby oElectronic on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 am

Hehe, thank you ^_^
Now just to see what the final thing will look like xD
oElectronic

Postby TheNaitsyrk on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Fortunately I've got everything except Keyblade for my Sora's Cosplay, although I don't need a wig, colour and length of my hair is the same like in the original character ^^
TheNaitsyrk

Postby oElectronic on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Phew, finally got the whole thing together! It's just to decide whether we want to wear black knee high socks or black and red/green striped knee high socks on the day.

Good luck with everyone else's cosplays if they haven't got it sorted yet :mrgreen:
oElectronic

Postby BakaBakaRangers on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Mine isn't really close to being done yet, but that's my own fault for choosing a big cosplay XDD
I won't have his props done, but the main of the outfit should be done, just involves a bit more shopping before I can finish it all off XD
BakaBakaRangers

Postby oElectronic on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:33 pm

BakaBakaRangers wrote:Mine isn't really close to being done yet, but that's my own fault for choosing a big cosplay XDD
I won't have his props done, but the main of the outfit should be done, just involves a bit more shopping before I can finish it all off XD

Oh dear, well atleast the main costume will be sorted? xD
Who are you cosplaying?
oElectronic

Postby anakha on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:51 pm

BakaBakaRangers wrote:Mine isn't really close to being done yet, but that's my own fault for choosing a big cosplay XDD

Keiji isn't the simplest of ones to do last minute xD

I think I can get Yukimura done by then - just need to order the trousers and do the sleeves then do the Yen symbols on the back and the necklace
anakha

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT