Planning to be there, Help ME!

Discuss Birmingham Comic Con, this is also where show news is announced and discussed. Don't forget to visit the main Birmingham Comic Con site also http://www.birminghamcomiccon.com

Planning to be there, Help ME!

Postby cri_sty on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 am

Hi! Sorry for the desperate topic, actually I'm pretty desperate! I'm from Italy and I'm the admin of the worldwide Fanclub about Lauren Cohan (one of the last guests at the Comic Con). I've read that a lot of informations will come a week before the event but If I can come (and I'm trying my best... the impossible...) I've to plan everything now.

First of all... I'll be alone! I'm pretty scared. I'll try to sleep at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel. It's very close to the NEC, right!? And I just want to know that all alone I can do everything by myself, move from the airport to the Metrolpole Hotel...from the Metropole to the NEC... I know, maybe it's weird but I've been to other Coventions but this is the first Comic Con and the first time I'm alone in an other country. I'm doing the possible to be there for Lauren. A Comic Con is a huge event. I want to feel myself safe. I can't find someone italian on the facebook page or on the twitter account followers... or an english turist who can help me.

If somebody is so kind and nice to help me a little bit I want to clarify some points. I've a lot of questions... Sorry for the annoyance and thanks in advance to everybody...

1) I can come to the Expo (from the Metropole to the NEC) by walking, right!?
2) The Metropole is next to the Airport, isn't it?
3) What's the time of the Comic Con?!? From 9:00 to 18:00..?!
4) Lauren will be there on Saturday & on Sunday (As I've read) so I can meet her for two days, right!? I can buy autographs and photoshoots there... (you will write the prizes in 2 weeks, won't you!?) but If you want to take pictures or videos to Lauren, Can I?!
5) I'm the founder and admin of her first worldwide Fanclub and best updated source about her. If I'll be able to come I can interview her?!?
6) General entry ticket (ONLY be purchased at the event) how much are they?! For example... a general entry ticket for the weekend (saturday & sunday)... entry to Comic Con with a general ticket includes FREE entry to the ultimate collectors show MEMORABILIA, right!?!
7) Can I survive in Birmingham just eating and buying an autograph & a pic of Lauren with £200?! (Fly, hotel, pass not included)

Sorry... a lot of questions are obvious... I just need confirmations!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Cristina
@laurencohanFC on Twitter
cri_sty

Re: Planning to be there, Help ME!

Postby reesfinlay on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:28 am

The airport, metropole hotel and nec are all in walking distance of each other but there is also a free bus available.

Early entry is from 9am (and costs 15 pounds) and standard entry is from 11 (10pound) The ticket covers entry to comic con AND memoribilia

Autographs are available from all the guests and usually cost around 15 pounds (and a professional photo costs similar) Depending on how busy the guest is she may be happy to be filmed or pose for a photo free of charge while signing autographs.

200 pound will be more than enough. And if you want an interview with her it might be worth contacting the organizers to see if its possible.

Have a great weekend :)
reesfinlay

Postby cri_sty on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 am

reesfinlay wrote:Early entry is from 9am (and costs 15 pounds) and standard entry is from 11 (10pound) The ticket covers entry to comic con AND memoribilia

Thank you so much for your answer. So, If I want to enter in the comic con at 9:00 am for all the weekend I've to buy an early ticket of 28£ (Early Entry MCM Expo Birmingham Comic Con Weekend 2012) and a STANDARD ENTRY ticket there!? Kill me If I'm wrong :?
cri_sty

Postby Admin-2 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:54 am

cri_sty wrote:
reesfinlay wrote:Early entry is from 9am (and costs 15 pounds) and standard entry is from 11 (10pound) The ticket covers entry to comic con AND memoribilia

Thank you so much for your answer. So, If I want to enter in the comic con at 9:00 am for all the weekend I've to buy an early ticket of 28£ (Early Entry MCM Expo Birmingham Comic Con Weekend 2012) and a STANDARD ENTRY ticket there!? Kill me If I'm wrong :?

Yes this will give you access both days. To request interviews visit the PRESS section of the web site.

The events are very friendly, you will have a lot of fun do not worry, the hotels, train station are all a short walk away.
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby cri_sty on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Admin-2 wrote:
cri_sty wrote:

Yes this will give you access both days.

Thank you. But sorry, I didn't understand the ticket part... uhm, If I want to be there from 9:00 am to 18:00 pm for 2 days... I have to buy what?

I'm not worried about the friendly event, I'm just worried about being all alone in an other country. When I'll be at the Comic Con I don't think I'll be sad, absolutely ahah
cri_sty

Postby firefly827347 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 pm

cri_sty wrote:Thank you. But sorry, I didn't understand the ticket part... uhm, If I want to be there from 9:00 am to 18:00 pm for 2 days... I have to buy what?

I'm not worried about the friendly event, I'm just worried about being all alone in an other country. When I'll be at the Comic Con I don't think I'll be sad, absolutely ahah

Just to clarify, the event is open 9:00-17:00 on Saturday and 10:00-17:00 on Sunday for early entry ticket holders, not 9:00-18:00 both days. If you have a general entry ticket it will be 11:00, not 9:00. I believe a weekend ticket allows you early entry from 9:00.

I just checked the online store and it says a weekend ticket valid for Saturday AND Sunday costing £28 is only available for Birmingham Expo (which is where Lauren will be) so I'm assuming that's all you'll need. If you want to go into Memorabilia next door as well it's been stated that tickets are valid for both shows, so I think you should be fine. I'm not sure why you'd have to buy the weekend ticket and then a standard entry ticket but maybe Admin 2 can clarify? *prods Admin 2*
firefly827347

Postby cri_sty on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:14 pm

firefly827347 wrote:Just to clarify, the event is open 9:00-17:00 on Saturday and 10:00-17:00 on Sunday, not 9:00-18:00 both days.

I just checked the online store and it says a weekend ticket valid for Saturday AND Sunday costing £28 is only available for Birmingham Expo (which is where Lauren will be) so I'm assuming that's all you'll need. If you want to go into Memorabilia next door as well it's been stated that tickets are valid for both shows, so I think you should be fine. I'm not sure why you'd have to buy the weekend ticket and then a standard entry ticket but maybe Admin 2 can clarify? *prods Admin 2*

Awwww thank you so much for the hours. So I've understood right about the tickets. I've just to buy the weekend early pass (£28) online and I'm ok for both days and both shows. :wink: Now everything is clear.
cri_sty

Postby cri_sty on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Thank you so much for your replies. But I can't be there. :cry: I hope that Lauren will have a lot of fans there for her.
cri_sty

Return to GENERAL CHAT