Homestuck!

TOTALLY COSPLAY an area of the event that is completly dedicated to Cosplay and Cosplayers, with it's own dedicated stage, workshops, panels and more!

Homestuck!

Postby Blind-Asabat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Hey guys!

Guess what? It's the homestuck group! Last expo we brought you dancing and photo bombing, this expo...who knows? But it's going to be EPIC all the same!

Event Details:
Photoshoot: The photoshoot will be held between 12pm and 1pm each day with an hour window so that people who have other meets to attend can go to those but still have their pictures taken. During the photoshoot there will be a designated Supervised Bag Drop area so people have somewhere safe to leave their stuff. Unless john's doing the windy thing or it's pouring with rain the meet will be outside, in which case it will happen inside in one of the large alcoves (we won't know which one has space until the day) and I will make sure there are a couple of Homestuckers waiting inside the doors to point people in the right direction.

We'll start with a nice big group photo, and then we can split off into various groups to shoot: Trolls, Alpha Kids, Beta Kids, Ancestors etc, and then come together again at the end for another large photo in case some people were too late for the start. When people are done taking photos, we'll have the Picnic, and everyone can sit and have a chat, draw and generally relax. For the picnic, if everyone brings approximately £1-2 worth of food or drink, or even handmade stuff, then we can have a feast without one person having to fund the whole lot!

NOTICE: Due to an unrelated event happening on the River during Saturday, we shall be meeting in the tree-walkway area for both days! Here is a handy picture for your reference (thanks to binxiipop):

For the picnic, instead of one person buying all the food, to spread the costs everyone would bring about £1-2 worth of food to share amongst the PicnicStuckers, whatever you felt like bringing (crisps, cakes, sweets, drinks etc).

If people are also interested, I can convert the forum based Homestuck version of Werewolf/Mafia and we can have a few games of that?

Please don't hesitate to give feedback or add in your own ideas!

Volunteers:
If anyone wants to volunteer to help out at the meet in any sort of capacity, just speak up. The Homestuck group gets bigger and bigger each year and we need all the people we can get to help things run smoothly. Same goes if you have a valid first aid qualification and are willing to be on stand-by, please let us know. You can get in contact with me by email (colderthanice @ live . co . uk) or add me on Skype (madderthanahatter) and we can chat there.

IMPORTANT!:
As the Homestuck community has grown, it's attracted some bad rep. I know that 99% of Homestuck fans are well behaved, lovely people, but the actions of a few have impacted on the fandom as a whole so here are some short guidelines for the meet!

~ No throwing buckets, be careful with your blind-sticks and long, pointy weapons, NO chalk – unless you bring paper and don't honk horns in people's faces.

~ Take care with other people's props, wigs, horns and fins. They tend to be quite delicate and can break easily, if you want to borrow something, make sure you ask them first! I'll be on stand-by with glue, tape and a sewing kit just in case.

~ No fighting/biting. If you have a personal issue with someone, keep it quiet.

~ Don't photobomb the other fandom's photoshoots.

~ Most importantly: Have fun! But don't be stupid about it.

Additional stuff:
- The MVs! I will not be organising these, I'm really rather happy to leave them for other people to set up. Just a couple of ground rules: No getting in the way of other people's photoshoots, and generally, just try and be courteous to those around you. Not everyone will want to be in them, and respect their wishes when you're recording - let them know that you plan on putting the vids on Youtube and chekcing they're ok with it!

- Truth or Dare and all that jazz. I have no issues with you guys playing it, but same rules apply: No making people do stuff they're not comfortable with, and please please don't involve the people from other fandoms or anyone who doesn't want in. It's not a lot of people's cup of tea, after all!

- I know there's still a lot of concern about people getting too hyper and doing silly stuff, and I know everyone wants to have fun, but there will be Fringe staff around, and I will personally be on the case of anyone jepordising the safety and happiness of the group. Yes, I know I can't have eyes everywhere, but I'm still going to damn well try. Thank you to all of you who have volunteered to help me out with this. If you can just approach me on the day, and let me know who you are, it'll help me out alot! I might see about getting some flourescent labels for us, so people can find us easier!

So, who's coming?

Fri:
Blind Asabat - Archaeologist!Aradia (maybe)
Behaxeltzi - GodTier Dave
Len - Karkat
X_Break_X - Gamzee
lilchann - Roxy
NibanmeALice - Godtier!John
ZOMBIEfurby - Sufferer
Deluded - Diamonds Droog
theminiarkana + 5- Human!Slick, Roxy, Dirk, Jake, Jane Sn0wman
Yuka + 2 - Godtier!Karkat, Godtier!john, Godtier!Jade

Sat:
BlindAsabat - Empress Feffles (Regencystuck AU)
lilchann -Godtier!Vriska
Cryssi - Feferi
(possible) Adiostoreabutt - robolegs!tavros/pupa!tavros
Hello_Xav - Redglare
MoonChildHMS - Gamzee
CasuallyKarkalicious - Kanaya
Gina - Terezi
Alex - Feferi.
Cazziecaz5 - Aradia
C, K, D and P - Nepeta, Sollux, Karkat (unconfirmed) and Dave
AllSplicedUp - Dave
Andatariel + 1(maybe) - Karkat + Gamzee
spectorquill - Vriska
MeowMeow15 - Vriska
binxiipop - Terezi/Eclectica!Jade
quixoticcalamity - Dirk
Behaxeltzi - Dave
RedSpyMaria - Pre-Explosion Vriska
DreamFall - Gamzee
Lolsmileyface - sn0wman
Kai-hero - Eridan (possible)
Len + 1 - Godtier!Rose + Kanaya
chocolina - Sollux
TerezitheDetective - Dirk
Uzi - Male!Feferi
ryoji - Godtier!Karkat
cloudyIdealist + 5 - Roxy, Kanaya, Gamzee, Dirk, John (possible), Nepeta(possible)
Philis - RoyalStuck!Feferi
PeacanPies + 1 - Aradiabot + Karkat
yorshee + 1 - Alive!Aradia + Rose
kindergartencop and friend - God Tier Jade & Femme!Dave
Rogue of Mind - Aradia (alive)
Yunagal95 - Terezi
NibanmeALice - Roxy
VixxyPeixes + 1 - Feferi + Equius
Jazpers - Dave
DawnKestrel - Davesprite/Doc Scratch
Deluded - Tavros
X_Break_X - Gamzee
NyxAbelle, queenofheartsville + 1 - Aradia, Jade and Vriska
theminiarkana + 3 - Godtier!John, Godtier!Dave, Jade, Rose
Shadowchan - FancyDreamer!Jake
Glittergloom - Godtier!Jade
jackmyswagnoir + 1 - Human!Slick + Human!Droog
takingyouunder - Fairy!Gamzee

Sun:
BlindAsabat - Empress Feffles (RegencyStuck AU)
lilchann - Dirk
BlueMemories and friend - Feferi and Eridan
(possible) Adiostoreabutt - zombie!tavros
MoonChildHMS - Lil' Cal (maybe)
Andatariel + 1(maybe) - Vriska and Eridan
spectorquill - Dog Tier Jade (maybe)
MeowMeow15 - Vriska
binxiipop - Terezi//Eclectica!Jade
Lolsmileyface - The Disciple
Behaxeltzi - Dave
Len + 1- Godtier Rose + Kanaya
Uzi - Equius
Stephieanna - Jane
X_Break_X - Davesprite
PeacanPies + 1 - Aradiabot + Karkat
yorshee + 1 - Alpha!Dave + Grimdark!Rose
ZOMBIEfurby + 1 - The Sufferer + Redglare
NibanmeALice - Dead!Aradia
jjkitten - Fem!Karkat
DawnKestrel - Davesprite/ Doc Scratch
Deluded - Tavros
PiaLou96 - Karkat
theminiarkana + 6 - Jackspers Noir, Godtier!John, Bro, Vriska, Tavros (plus Sepulchritude Problem Sleuth)
Shadowchan - Godtier!Karkat
Gracelillymouse + 2 - Trickster!Jade, Godtier!Rose, Wayward Vagabond
jackmyswagnoir + 1 - Human!Slick + Human!Droog
takingyouunder - Karkat

The Undecided Days:
joaniedark - Gamzee/Sollux
Kaito^_^ - Vriska!John
Gutter and moirail- Jake/Godtier!John + Equius/Sollux
deafNoisemaker + 1 - Vriska and Tavros
livianimegirl - Sollux
[b]
Last edited by Blind-Asabat on Wed May 16, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Blind-Asabat

Re: Homestuck!

Postby lilchann on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:32 pm

mee on sat and sun. c:
lilchann

Postby XxOtakuChiceexX on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Will hopefully be Terezi on Saturday if everything goes to plan ^^
Probably going on Friday and Sunday too but not cosplaying Homestuck
XxOtakuChiceexX

Postby BlueMemories on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:39 pm

I'll probably be here on the Saturday as Feferi with my friend as Eridan :>
BlueMemories

Postby NibanmeALice on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Awwwww yeeee

Count me in as God Tier John (with the sweet Zillyhoo), Dead!Aradia and a surprise cosplay.
Friendship that embraces all
NibanmeALice

Postby Blind-Asabat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Wooooooooo!!!! I'm so excited now!

I've got so many cosplays, I just need to pick which ones I'm going to do! I'm currently leaning towards 3am sn0wman, Black Queen (Exile) and one of the ancestors, either Redglare or the Handmaid!

But I also want to do Empress!Feffles or a Dreamer or..or...

wweh! Wwhy can't I hold all these cosplays?!
Blind-Asabat

Postby Cryssi on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:35 pm

I'll be going on Saturday as Feferi! :D
Cryssi

Postby adiosToreabutt on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:02 pm

hii fellow homestucks~
okay well i don't know if i'll be able to make it to may or not, since i have my exams
buuuttttttt, if i am able to go, then i will be attending as robolegs!tavros/pupa!tavros on saturday, and zombie!tavros on sunday. i'm still a little undecided, ahaha.
but if i don't make it, then have lots of fun everyone!! <3
adiosToreabutt

Postby Hello_Xav on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Hello!
I'm going as Redglare on Saturday.
My cosplay is mostly done (here's a picture: http://helloxav.tumblr.com/post/1442474 ... ree-on-the) >: D
And I can't decide what to cosplay on Sunday ;_;
Hello_Xav

Postby joaniedark on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:54 pm

I'll be there as Gamzee one day and Sollux the other, most likely. Will be dragging my crew along, of course.

ALSO, we're going to be holding a bit of a party for the olda kids Saturday night; more details to follow sooner to the con.
joaniedark

Postby MoonChildHMS on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm going to be going as Gamzee on Saturday and perhaps Lil' Cal on the Sunday.
MoonChildHMS

Postby jjkitten on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:17 pm

I'll be cosplaying Fem!Karkat and Fem!Gamzee/sober Gamzee (Still deciding on that one)
I'll post closer to the Expo what days i'll be cosplaying which character :3 xx
jjkitten

Postby kindergartencop on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Urm hello! I made an account specifically to post here, oh lordy.

Me and my friend are hoping to come! Both of us will be 19 and 18 respectively the dates of this con (although to be fair we may be coming in July) and also we're not sure what day we are going because we might try to find some friendly UK Homestucks to hotel with (and save some money), if we don't we'll just come for one day. We're hopefully going to be cosplaying as God Tier Jade (me) and femme! Dave (friend).

Please excuse my over use of brackets, and my general demeanour. I've never cosplayed or met any Homestucks IRL other than her, so I'm excited!

[[and I follow you, Hello_Xav, on tumblr - your cosplay is looking sweet!]]
kindergartencop

Postby Blind-Asabat on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

List Updated ^_^
Blind-Asabat

Postby CasuallyKarkalicious on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Yes this is the best thread everyone else go home.

I'm SO glad I found this! I was trying to organise a HS meet for May by myself but this is just 100% easier thank you!

Right, so then..

We've got myself going as Kanaya on the Saturday.
Spectorquill on Tumblr is going as Vriska, definitely on the Saturday, not sure about Sunday though.
Cazziecaz5 on DeviantART is going as Aradia on the Saturday.
My accountless 8) friends, who we shall refer to as C, K, D and P, will most likely be attending as Nepeta (confirmed), Sollux (confirmed) Equius (unconfirmed) and Karkat (unconfirmed) respectively.

We were planning to do a simple Can Town event too - everyone brings ONE can, we build a can town out of it, then donate it to charity. Only problem with that is, where do we give the cans to? Any ideas?
CasuallyKarkalicious

Postby Blind-Asabat on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am

CasuallyKarkalicious wrote:Yes this is the best thread everyone else go home.

I'm SO glad I found this! I was trying to organise a HS meet for May by myself but this is just 100% easier thank you!

Right, so then..

We've got myself going as Kanaya on the Saturday.
Spectorquill on Tumblr is going as Vriska, definitely on the Saturday, not sure about Sunday though.
Cazziecaz5 on DeviantART is going as Aradia on the Saturday.
My accountless 8) friends, who we shall refer to as C, K, D and P, will most likely be attending as Nepeta (confirmed), Sollux (confirmed) Equius (unconfirmed) and Karkat (unconfirmed) respectively.

We were planning to do a simple Can Town event too - everyone brings ONE can, we build a can town out of it, then donate it to charity. Only problem with that is, where do we give the cans to? Any ideas?

You're very welcome, and I'm glad you found the thread XD

As for CanTown, perhaps it might be worth doing some research into charities that accept can drives or something like that? Even if we can't find something like that, it'd be a fun thing to do! ^_^
Blind-Asabat

Postby kindergartencop on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:38 pm

For can town, maybe contact MCM Group? They could possibly take the cans? If not they may have details of organisations within London.
kindergartencop

Postby AllSplicedUp on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Dave - Saturday :D
AllSplicedUp

Postby froggycompany on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:53 pm

It's fantastic that a Homestuck group has to have a long list on how to behave.
froggycompany

Postby DreamFall on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Another Gamzee here. Hooray~!
DreamFall

Postby Andatariel on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:26 am

Sup yo! One of the people on the helping to make this meet a fun and positive experience checking in hurrr.

You can add me in as Karkat on Saturday and Sollux on Sunday (may be subject to change) :3
Andatariel

Postby binxiipop on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:21 pm

I may be joining you guys as Dave. Not sure what day/s yet or even if it's happening, but dfjhsdjfhsdfsdf.
binxiipop

Postby Blind-Asabat on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 pm

List Updated ^__^

We're thinking about having a PicnicStuck during the expo, where everyone brings about £1-2 worth of food to add to the pile, to give everyone a chance to sit and chat and relax. Would anyone be up for that?

And does anyone have any ideas of things we can do? This is your Expo afterall ^_^
Blind-Asabat

Postby kindergartencop on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:42 pm

How about some form of pass the bucket (parcel) game? IDK how that'd work though. Maybe some sort of throwing things into a bucket in a certain amount of time/knocking over piled buckets carnival style games?
kindergartencop

Postby Blind-Asabat on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:52 pm

kindergartencop wrote:How about some form of pass the bucket (parcel) game? IDK how that'd work though. Maybe some sort of throwing things into a bucket in a certain amount of time/knocking over piled buckets carnival style games?

Ooooooh, that's a wonderful idea, having Carnival games. How about "Bucket Shy"? Where you have to knock the buckets over? Or maybe "Fishing for Glubs" Get a bowl of water, some hand made/cheap fishing hooks and lines, and a blindfold, where the challenge is to try and catch the fish/duck/whatever blindfolded, with bonus points if you can hook the Feferi duck? Maybe "Pin the tail on the Hoofbeast"?

A Homestuck-esque pass the parcel would be easy enough to make too.
Blind-Asabat

Next

Return to TOTALLY COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO