Disney Classics

Chat about Movies here

Re: Disney Classics

Postby RocketGirrl on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh Lion King =[

But i think pocahontas and mulan... i could recite them

i also LOVE hercules and treasure planet!! BUT the black cauldron scared me so much when i was small that i watched it the other day and i was like: why was i scared of this?? OH RIGHT! The scary horned man!!!

=]
Why So Serious?
RocketGirrl

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:51 pm

I was 8 years old when I watched The Lion King in the cinema and cried when Mufasa died ='(

Also in Lilo and Stitch when Lilo's sister sings to her in the hammock... that got me.
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Nessie-chan on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:08 am

Seriously, the Lion King should have won more Oscars than it did. AMAZING film.

Never seen Lilo and Stitch. Well, I think I have, but it never stuck in my mind. The premise seemed lame to be honest.

On the subject of Disney Sequels, what ones do people like? I am going to stick the most obvious one out there- The Lion King 2. Superb film, and one of the most successful sequels of all time. But what others did people like/hate?

I thought Toy Story 2 was better than the origion IMO. And U do have a soft spot for The Lady and The Tramp 2.

But OMG the Little Mermaid 2 and Peter Pan 2?? I wanted to kill those girls, seriously. Worst "heroines" ever. I wanted them to die. xD
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby sjbonnar on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:43 am

I hate almost all of the sequels. Lion King 2, Aladdin 3, (I'd say Toy Story 2 but WE'RE NOT COUNTING PIXAR LOL)

I've gotta say that Bambi 2 was pretty good! It was actually set in the middle of Bambi and tells the story of Bambi being instructed by his father. Also explained the evil buck at the end of the first movie! Really good film!

The Rescuers Down Under was better than the original!
sjbonnar

Postby WiggyDee on Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:20 am

sjbonnar wrote:The Rescuers Down Under was better than the original!

Omg this this this

I was actually thinking about it a while ago, if I was to pick one disney movie over all others I think I would have to pick this one just for the nostalgia of Seeing that scene of the boy (wasn't his name Cody?) flying in the sky on the eagles back, I loved that scene so much when I was little.
WiggyDee

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:Seriously, the Lion King should have won more Oscars than it did. AMAZING film.

1) Never seen Lilo and Stitch. Well, I think I have, but it never stuck in my mind. The premise seemed lame to be honest.

2) On the subject of Disney Sequels, what ones do people like? I am going to stick the most obvious one out there- The Lion King 2. Superb film, and one of the most successful sequels of all time. But what others did people like/hate?

3) I thought Toy Story 2 was better than the origion IMO. And U do have a soft spot for The Lady and The Tramp 2.

4) But OMG the Little Mermaid 2 and Peter Pan 2?? I wanted to kill those girls, seriously. Worst "heroines" ever. I wanted them to die. xD

1) The film was one of Disney's last good classics, to be honest.
2) Naturally, The Lion King 2 is Disney's greatest sequel. The Aladdin sequels weren't too terrible either, and The Lion King 3 covers some things from the first movie.
3) Though Toy Story is a Pixar franchise, thus not being a Disney classic because Disney actually had no involvement in its creation, the second film was probably just as good as the first. If they pull that kind of effect off with Toy Story 3, I'll be happy. And though it's off-topic, I feel it necessary to say that next year Toy Story gets a 3-D re-release in cinema, and Toy Story 2 gets the same treatment the year after. And then, of course, the year after that is Toy Story 3's 3-D release. :D
4) Cinderella 3. Simply lol.
Toadsanime

Postby Nessie-chan on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:26 pm

Cinderella 3 was better than Cinderella 2. Nuff said.
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby Floof on Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:38 pm

Lilo and stitch was just soo sweet.

sjbonnar wrote:Simba: {Hopefully} Dad? ...Dad, come on. {He rubs up against Mufasa's cheek. The head merely rolls back in place after the rub} You gotta get up. {He places both forepaws on his father's cheek and pushes}

Dad. We gotta go home. {He tugs at Mufasa's ear. Again the head limply moves back in place. Simba runs off a bit, obviously very scared.} HEEEEELP! Somebody! Anybody... help.

HOO NOOO. The score soundtrack to his death was just unbearable...
The tears just jerk without me even having to rewatch the clip. TT^TT

"Run Away" by Hans Zimmer.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Berserk667 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:23 am

Fox and the Hound / Alladin/ Hercules (gotta love Hades)
Berserk667

Postby sunny1r on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Anyone remember 101 Dalmations? I used to watch this all the time whenever i had the chance. Cruella was brilliant was a villain, and the real life version was close to the cartoon version. The 102 Dalmations RL is almost as good as the first but it's Cruella who's the main attraction
sunny1r

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:04 pm

sunny1r wrote:Anyone remember 101 Dalmations? I used to watch this all the time whenever i had the chance. Cruella was brilliant was a villain, and the real life version was close to the cartoon version. The 102 Dalmations RL is almost as good as the first but it's Cruella who's the main attraction

I don't think too much of the live-action remake, though I did somewhat enjoy it when I was younger. 101 Dalmations is an awesome film, however.
Toadsanime

Postby Shadowhunter72 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:13 pm

I had to say my favorite was Lion King ^^, although i haven't seen it for a while, 'cept for it's sequel, which wasn't that good. Many of the others were really good too ^^. That Horned guy from the black cauldron scared me when i was little too ^^;
Shadowhunter72

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Shadowhunter72 wrote:I had to say my favorite was Lion King ^^, although i haven't seen it for a while, 'cept for it's sequel, which wasn't that good. Many of the others were really good too ^^. That Horned guy from the black cauldron scared me when i was little too ^^;

I actually liked The Lion King II and think it's the best of Disney's sequels. In fact, even The Lion King III (1 1/2) wasn't too bad.
Toadsanime

Postby sunny1r on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Lion King 3 (1.5) was funny but i couldn't help but think that alot of the original plot was ruined by it.

Anyone seen the Goofy Movie? I really liked it when i was a kid especially the part when bigfoot danced to 'Staying Alive Ah ah ah...' and the opening song was really good.
sunny1r

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:09 pm

sunny1r wrote:Lion King 3 (1.5) was funny but i couldn't help but think that alot of the original plot was ruined by it.

Anyone seen the Goofy Movie? I really liked it when i was a kid especially the part when bigfoot danced to 'Staying Alive Ah ah ah...' and the opening song was really good.

Lion King 3 didn't have a single decent song though, where as both The Lion King and The Lion King II did. And, yes, I suppose it did somewhat spoil the first movie but changing the plot for the worse.

Ah, yes, I used to love that film when I was little! It wasn't a bad musical, actually, and some of the songs even stick in my head now. There wasn't a part of that film that I disliked. :D
Toadsanime

Postby Manga Girl on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 pm

sunny1r wrote:Lion King 3 (1.5) was funny but i couldn't help but think that alot of the original plot was ruined by it.

I love A Goofy Movie! :D
Manga Girl

Postby Mesodyx on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:12 am

Nessie-chan wrote:
But what about... THE JUNGLE BOOK?!?! Shere Khan was like the suavest bad guy EVER

Oh good lord, I think you are right on that one. I was gonna say Scar but he's more like a pervy uncle >.<
Mesodyx

Postby Nessie-chan on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:25 am

So what are people's fav disney classic song?
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:So what are people's fav disney classic song?

He Lives In You- The Lion King 2: Simba's pride
Colours Of The Wind- Pocahontas
I Won't Say I'm in Love- Hercules
I'll Make a Man Out of You- Mulan
Two Worlds- Tarzan
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Toadsanime on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:So what are people's fav disney classic song?

Good question.

Something There - Beauty and the Beast
Be Prepared - Lion King
He Lives In You - Lion King II
My Lullaby - Lion King II
Not One Of Us - Lion King II
We Are One - Lion King II
I've Got No Strings - Pinocchio
Kiss The Girl - The Little Mermaid

Something like that, anyway.
Toadsanime

Postby Floof on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:21 am

A whole new world - Aladdin

I just start humming it out of nowhere nowadays, and i'm not even crazy about the movie ¬_¬. Plus, I havent watched it in years.
CHOON.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Floof wrote:A whole new world - Aladdin

I just start humming it out of nowhere nowadays, and i'm not even crazy about the movie ¬_¬. Plus, I havent watched it in years.
CHOON.

Yah, that song is pretty funky, but maybe not one of my all-time favourite Disney songs. Okay, maybe it is. :lol: Anyway, I actually dislike Abu from Aladdin, I might say.. :?
Toadsanime

Postby LemGemapple on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Lol, disney classics. I have seen you, in the last couple of months Toadsanime, become slowly in love disney a whole lot more! XD.

But i must admit, i love disney films. Some of them are so awesome, not only that but because of you i went through a phase of loving the Lion King all over again. Um... Yeah i know, awesome i know.

Lion king was really, one of my most favourite films ever. i dunno why i am say was, because it still is. Because not only was it, the first ever film too make me cry. But it was also so touching and nice, it was alot better than number 2. but i loved that was aswell, the Lion King series is such an amazing film series and it is so nice. I mean such a touching film, and an emotional rollercoaster it is such a nice film!

Not too mention another one of my favourites, has to be the classic: Tarzan. The first movie was so nice, and i remember sleeping around Toadsanime's with a depressed sheep on a guy who loves L from Deathnote, and we sat up and watched the whole film. The first time in such a long time, that i had seen this film. I mean it shows, no matter what worlds someone is from and how different someone is, they can always find happiness somewhere. Besides it was just such a nice film, a true disney classic! =D

So um... i kinda forgot some other ones at the moment, but i typed this up and i felt good enough! XD, if i remember any i will update! =D
Yojimbo - Final Fantasy X
LemGemapple

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:29 pm

LemGemapple wrote:Lol, disney classics. I have seen you, in the last couple of months Toadsanime, become slowly in love disney a whole lot more! XD.

But i must admit, i love disney films. Some of them are so awesome, not only that but because of you i went through a phase of loving the Lion King all over again. Um... Yeah i know, awesome i know.

Lion king was really, one of my most favourite films ever. i dunno why i am say was, because it still is. Because not only was it, the first ever film too make me cry. But it was also so touching and nice, it was alot better than number 2. but i loved that was aswell, the Lion King series is such an amazing film series and it is so nice. I mean such a touching film, and an emotional rollercoaster it is such a nice film!

Not too mention another one of my favourites, has to be the classic: Tarzan. The first movie was so nice, and i remember sleeping around Toadsanime's with a depressed sheep on a guy who loves L from Deathnote, and we sat up and watched the whole film. The first time in such a long time, that i had seen this film. I mean it shows, no matter what worlds someone is from and how different someone is, they can always find happiness somewhere. Besides it was just such a nice film, a true disney classic! =D

So um... i kinda forgot some other ones at the moment, but i typed this up and i felt good enough! XD, if i remember any i will update! =D

Lol, cheesy. :lol: And what was that about a depressed sheep?
Toadsanime

Postby LemGemapple on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Kieran. (The depressed sheep)

Also i forgot, Aladdin. That was such an awesome film aswell.
Yojimbo - Final Fantasy X
LemGemapple

PreviousNext

Return to MOVIES