Disney Classics

Chat about Movies here

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:55 pm

LemGemapple wrote:Kieran. (The depressed sheep)

Also i forgot, Aladdin. That was such an awesome film aswell.

Kieran's a depressed sheep? Lol, nope, I don't recall that nickname, but I think it'll stick now. :lol:

I actually enjoyed all three of the Aladdin films, although the first was obviously the best. I have a number of Disney-related items for Christmas, I think. :wink:
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby LemGemapple on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Yeah, but you became suddenly addicted. And another one, i enjoyed. Beauty and the Beast, that is just such an amazing film. And the hunch back of notre darm.
Yojimbo - Final Fantasy X
LemGemapple
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: D:

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:05 pm

LemGemapple wrote:Yeah, but you became suddenly addicted. And another one, i enjoyed. Beauty and the Beast, that is just such an amazing film. And the hunch back of notre darm.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame isn't very 'Disney-like', but it's still amazing. As for Beauty and the Beast, it's one of my favourite Disney films. That film is astounding! :D
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby LemGemapple on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 pm

Lol, you know a film is awesome. When the table wear talks, then you know it is gonna be an amazing film!
Yojimbo - Final Fantasy X
LemGemapple
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: D:

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:03 pm

LemGemapple wrote:Lol, you know a film is awesome. When the table wear talks, then you know it is gonna be an amazing film!

The Brave Little Toaster springs to mind. Not a Disney classic, but I felt it was worth mentioning after your comment. :lol:
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby LemGemapple on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:32 pm

Toadsanime wrote:
LemGemapple wrote:Lol, you know a film is awesome. When the table wear talks, then you know it is gonna be an amazing film!

The Brave Little Toaster springs to mind. Not a Disney classic, but I felt it was worth mentioning after your comment. :lol:


Don't you think, that is kinda going off topic. I know some walt disney films are just epic, but pixar is just as good.

I must admit with lion king that was such an epic film, number 2 wasnt so bad i mean i didnt mind it. Then the timone and pumba one (I forgot the name! XD) really wasnt my cup of tea, they should of just stuck it with number 2 and thats it. Really, the best disney film out there!
Yojimbo - Final Fantasy X
LemGemapple
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: D:

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:28 am

LemGemapple wrote:
Toadsanime wrote:
LemGemapple wrote:Lol, you know a film is awesome. When the table wear talks, then you know it is gonna be an amazing film!

The Brave Little Toaster springs to mind. Not a Disney classic, but I felt it was worth mentioning after your comment. :lol:


Don't you think, that is kinda going off topic. I know some walt disney films are just epic, but pixar is just as good.

I must admit with lion king that was such an epic film, number 2 wasnt so bad i mean i didnt mind it. Then the timone and pumba one (I forgot the name! XD) really wasnt my cup of tea, they should of just stuck it with number 2 and thats it. Really, the best disney film out there!

Eh? The Brave Little Toaster is a Disney animation film and I gave it a short mention; it's not at all off-topic. :lol:
The first Lion King was fantastic, and although the sequel may not be superior to it story-wise, the songs in the movie are equally as good as those in the first. The third movie, however, didn't have a single good song. 'Diggah Tunnah' was the closest thing to a 'good song' that occured in the movie, and even that wasn't that great. Though the film is very comedic, I feel that it somewhat kills the first film by showing us some rather poor additions and explanations to things. :?
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Nessie-chan on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:59 am

Toadsanime wrote:The Hunchback of Notre Dame isn't very 'Disney-like', but it's still amazing. As for Beauty and the Beast, it's one of my favourite Disney films. That film is astounding! :D


The Hunchback of Notre Dame wasn't "Disney like" because the original story was written by Victor Hugo... the same guy who wrote Les Miserables. Both very brilliant, but extremely dark stories.

And Beauty and the Beast... actually, one of my least favourite Disney films. I never got the hype. Not as a child, not now.
Image
Slave Ranger!
User avatar
Nessie-chan
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London/Farnham/Bat Country

Re: Disney Classics

Postby face of ike ! on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:46 pm

DISNEY!

I was indoctrinated with this stuff - the old school stuff not the likes of 'high school musical' or 'zack and cody' :evil: bring back good old fashioned, painstaking, 'easy on the eye' and worth it, animation ! :D it all ended after 'the emperor's new groove.'

that said my favorite has to be 'Aladdin.'
    Image
User avatar
face of ike !
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: crystal palace !

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Nessie-chan on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:58 am

Notice we are all talking about the Renaissance era...

WHAT ABOUT OLIVER AND COMPANY?!?!
Image
Slave Ranger!
User avatar
Nessie-chan
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London/Farnham/Bat Country

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:Notice we are all talking about the Renaissance era...

WHAT ABOUT OLIVER AND COMPANY?!?!

The Renaissance era was quite good, so that may be why. We don't have to stick to that era, of course.
Oliver and Company is awesome, yah. =D
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby sunny1r on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Anyone seen The Prince Of Egypt? it was really good especially the songs, and the focus on sibling rivalry aswell was something unique.
Image
User avatar
sunny1r
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:36 pm

sunny1r wrote:Anyone seen The Prince Of Egypt? it was really good especially the songs, and the focus on sibling rivalry aswell was something unique.

That's DreamWorks, not Disney, so it's certainly not a Disney Classic. :wink: And no, I haven't seen it. :lol:
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Floof on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:53 pm

xD... so what Toadz? Prince of Egypt is still TOOOO EPIC! The storey of Moses will be told! 8)



How did people feel about the 'Peter Pan' (2003) movie remake? I loved it =3. And was crushing HARD on Jeremy Sumpter, the Peter Pan actor.
ಠ_ಠ

Image
User avatar
Floof
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: East London **despair**

Re: Disney Classics

Postby sunny1r on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:20 am

Lmao i assumed it was Disney oh well :lol:
Image
User avatar
sunny1r
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:54 pm

Floof wrote:xD... so what Toadz? Prince of Egypt is still TOOOO EPIC! The storey of Moses will be told! 8)



How did people feel about the 'Peter Pan' (2003) movie remake? I loved it =3. And was crushing HARD on Jeremy Sumpter, the Peter Pan actor.

I'm not saying the film is bad, I'm just saying that it's not a Disney Classic, which is what this thread is about. A mention of it isn't a problem, though. :lol:
The Peter Pan remake? I think I saw it and didn't like it, though I may be getting it confused with 'Hook'.
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Nessie-chan on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:07 pm

sunny1r wrote:Lmao i assumed it was Disney oh well :lol:

An easy mistake to make. A lot of people thought it was a Disney film although it was one of Dreamworks first animated films. If anything, it was a Dreamworks classic.

And I LOVED the Peter Pan Remake. They made Wendy less prissy and lame and the kid who played Peter was SO HOT.
Image
Slave Ranger!
User avatar
Nessie-chan
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London/Farnham/Bat Country

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Floof on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:45 pm

You should totally see him now Nessie. <3<3<3
Some time after Peter Pan Jeremy was also in a short series called 'Cyber Seduction', where he plays the part of a boy obsessed, LITERALLY OBSESSED, with internet porn. But he's way hotter in that xD.

......

101 Dalmations! Loved the moive too.
ಠ_ಠ

Image
User avatar
Floof
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: East London **despair**

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Floof wrote:101 Dalmations! Loved the moive too.

I love 101 Dalmations! Being a fan of Disney's Classic collection, I highly prefer the animation to the live-action. :D
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Ryoko on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm

noooooooooo way! The animated 101 Dalmations kicks all sort of spotted tail off the live action films!
I love the cartoon, from a massive geek POV, it was the first time Disney started photocopying the animators actual drawings onto the cels so you get to see the actual drawing and not an inked version of it. It looks great... but its sad that they fired the whole inking department because they didnt need them any more.

There should be more hype for Sleeping Beauty! Ok, the story is a little bit sucky and ALL the main characters seem tos top talking half way through, but its the most beautiful film Disney ever made (101 dalmations a close and stylish 2nd!) Sleeping Beauty cost as much to make as Ben Hur! It sucks that Disney would never ever be willing to spend that ammount of money on making a film again and take that sort of risk, they play things way too safe now and they lean on really awful CG to make their money for them.

Fantasia 200 is stunning, and the background paintings from Hunchback are worth killing for.


I love all of the Pixar films, every last bloodyn one of them, but Disney paid for them, it didnt make them, and now its making the Princess and the Frog after firing all its 2d animators! I hate that they've made the new princess so generic though.
Image
User avatar
Ryoko
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:57 am

Ryoko wrote:noooooooooo way! The animated 101 Dalmations kicks all sort of spotted tail off the live action films!
I love the cartoon, from a massive geek POV, it was the first time Disney started photocopying the animators actual drawings onto the cels so you get to see the actual drawing and not an inked version of it. It looks great... but its sad that they fired the whole inking department because they didnt need them any more.

There should be more hype for Sleeping Beauty! Ok, the story is a little bit sucky and ALL the main characters seem tos top talking half way through, but its the most beautiful film Disney ever made (101 dalmations a close and stylish 2nd!) Sleeping Beauty cost as much to make as Ben Hur! It sucks that Disney would never ever be willing to spend that ammount of money on making a film again and take that sort of risk, they play things way too safe now and they lean on really awful CG to make their money for them.

Fantasia 200 is stunning, and the background paintings from Hunchback are worth killing for.


I love all of the Pixar films, every last bloodyn one of them, but Disney paid for them, it didnt make them, and now its making the Princess and the Frog after firing all its 2d animators! I hate that they've made the new princess so generic though.

101 Dalmations is awesome, but not among my top-three favourite Disney movies. Sleeping Beauty, however, comes close to my top three.
Oh, and yeah, I dislike Disney's CGI animated films that have taken over the 2D traditional classics. However, Princess and the Frog is a classic 2D animated Disney film and is coming out soon! Yay!
Fantasia 2000 is great, but I still prefer the original Fantasia.

Pixar is great on its own, but they have nothing to do with the creation of the upcoming Disney Classic. :D
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Ryoko on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:43 pm

They have a little something to do with it... Disney sacked all its 2d animators when the whole CG scene took off... so Pixar employed loads of them and trained them to use CG, now Disney have had to beg for them to come back, and most of them havent, there is justice! Mwhahahahahah!!

I'm sure there'll be a lot of CG in the newer films, Bold is entierly CG and Disney and that actually looks GOOD compared to some of the CG tosh Disney have spat out *COUGH Tinkerbell COUGH*, but I think CG is at its best when it blends into a 2D film without standing out, that takes skill and Disey were getting quite good at it before they decided 2d wasnt cool anymore.
I do think Disney owe a massive thanks to Pixar though, because without them they wouldnt have a clue now, and it did them the small favour of training most of its CG artists.

I can never ever decide on a favourite Disney film. Art wise, its Sleeping Beauty, because its just stunning, Story wise, Pinochio, back before anyone gave a stuff about being P.C, give the small disney character a pint and a cigar!
For backgrounds I love Hunchback, animation wise it's Tarzan and Beauty and the Beast, Glen Keene's animation is just...*drool!*
The Lion King is just Epic, for a good old fashioned laugh, The Emperors New Groove and for childhood nostalga, The Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood (cheapest film EVER!)
Image
User avatar
Ryoko
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Nessie-chan on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 am

Favourite quotes time!
Image
Slave Ranger!
User avatar
Nessie-chan
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London/Farnham/Bat Country

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Toadsanime on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:Favourite quotes time!

You thought you could defeat me, the Mistress of Evil!?
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Disney Classics

Postby Manga Girl on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 pm

I need to remember some quotes!
Image
User avatar
Manga Girl
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Crystal Palace, London

PreviousNext

Return to MOVIES

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron