Last Movie you Watched?

Chat about Movies here

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Toadsanime on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 pm

I'd like to say District 9 as the trailer looks fantastic and my friend, of which we share a taste in movies, says it's become one of his all-time favourite films.
But, alas, the last movie I watched was Silent Hill as I recently bought it on DVD after first seeing it about a year back. Unfortunately, I didn't think as well of it this time round. Poor acting mainly, though the majority of the creatures looked okay and some of the likeness to the game was well-received. :D
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby thecomedian on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Dorian Gray.

It was terrible. I was not impressed at all, there were so many things wrong with it (the most obvious one being that Dorian is supposed to be blonde), and the portrait with it's CGI sneering was terrible. I will not be watching it again.
User avatar
thecomedian
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:53 pm
Location: London

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Emjin on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:55 pm

District 9 which was totally amazing.
Image
User avatar
Emjin
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby jenova36 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:15 pm

On dvd? CRANK 2!!!
:D
*whistles*
User avatar
jenova36
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby sjbonnar on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Dodgeball FTW!
Image
User avatar
sjbonnar
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Shay-Chan on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:56 pm

A Walk to Remember
I need a new signature. -.-
User avatar
Shay-Chan
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: Tottenham, London

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Toadsanime on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:53 pm

Resident Evil: Degeneration. Much better than I thought it would be, I really liked the film. :D
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby sjbonnar on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Toadsanime wrote:Resident Evil: Degeneration. Much better than I thought it would be, I really liked the film. :D


It's good! Not oscar-winning but it's better than the live-action ones LOL I bought it for £3 in Tescos!
Image
User avatar
sjbonnar
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby sunny1r on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 am

watchmen - such a great film, i loved the plot and i'm quite annoyed with myself for not realising how it would end.
Image
User avatar
sunny1r
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby sjbonnar on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 pm

sunny1r wrote:watchmen - such a great film, i loved the plot and i'm quite annoyed with myself for not realising how it would end.


It has a stranger ending in the comic LOL

Mr. Deeds! Adam Sandler is no genius, but turning off your brain makes his films SO damn funny!
Image
User avatar
sjbonnar
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:17 pm

sjbonnar wrote:
sunny1r wrote:watchmen - such a great film, i loved the plot and i'm quite annoyed with myself for not realising how it would end.


It has a stranger ending in the comic LOL

Mr. Deeds! Adam Sandler is no genius, but turning off your brain makes his films SO damn funny!

I'm not sure whether I prefer the ending in the comic or not, but overall I generally prefer the comic.

And I dislike Adam Sandler personally along with pretty much every film he's been in.
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby sjbonnar on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:40 pm

That's a shame ^_^ I really love Adam Sandler!

Watchmen the Comic was a lot better, but the film was as close to it as you could get an I think a certain...omission towards the end was actually for the best in this day and age, it kept the realism better.
Image
User avatar
sjbonnar
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:15 pm

sjbonnar wrote:That's a shame ^_^ I really love Adam Sandler!

Watchmen the Comic was a lot better, but the film was as close to it as you could get an I think a certain...omission towards the end was actually for the best in this day and age, it kept the realism better.

So does my brother, but I just don't find him at all funny. D:

Yes, I also agree that it was better suited for the film. The film stuck very close to comic except for with Hollis Mason.
User avatar
Toadsanime
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Harlow, England, UK.

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby sunny1r on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Toadsanime wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:
sunny1r wrote:watchmen - such a great film, i loved the plot and i'm quite annoyed with myself for not realising how it would end.


It has a stranger ending in the comic LOL

Mr. Deeds! Adam Sandler is no genius, but turning off your brain makes his films SO damn funny!

I'm not sure whether I prefer the ending in the comic or not, but overall I generally prefer the comic.

And I dislike Adam Sandler personally along with pretty much every film he's been in.
I was reading the graphic novel in my school library but someone decided to steal it, so rather than wait for a new copy i decided to watch the movie.But now you guys have made me more interested so i might have to buy it

last movie Bleach movie 3 Fade To Black - an o.k.ish movie too many cliches from the last two films and nothing essentially new added.
Image
User avatar
sunny1r
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Shay-Chan on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 pm

Suicide Circle. And I honestly didnt understand one part of it.
I need a new signature. -.-
User avatar
Shay-Chan
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: Tottenham, London

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Eth Nargy on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:24 pm

All the king's men.

An old move but a very good one, based on the life of a real politician Huey Long...Interesting fella.

Anyone else here like ye olde film noir?
User avatar
Eth Nargy
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:10 am
Location: The People's Republic of Scotland

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby sunny1r on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Kick-A$$ - This movie is awesome!!! I loved every minute of this movie, it blended action and comedy so well and acted brilliantly by all cast members. Hit-girl steals the show and her action sequences are ones to be watched again and again. Definetly try and see this if you can.
Image
User avatar
sunny1r
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Ryoko on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 pm

just saw 'How to train your Dragon' and it's FREAKIN AMAZING!!

and why on earth does this forum consider that particular f word a swear....?
Image
User avatar
Ryoko
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Last Movie you Watched?

Postby Hiccup on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Watched how to train your dragon and adored it...

But now everyone thinks my username is taken from that movie when I've had it for years and years... even before the book came out :(
http://www.sarah-bates.co.uk - drawing advice and other assorted waffle..
User avatar
Hiccup
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: England

Previous

Return to MOVIES

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests