American Death Note Movie- Zac Efron as Raito?

Chat about Movies here

Re: American Death Note Movie- Zac Efron as Raito?

Postby CrystalNeko on Fri May 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Well I'm glad it's sticking to the manga rather than the film itself! :D
I don't know much about Chace Crawford, other than he's a look alike of Zac Efron according to the MSN Today thing?? XD;;
CrystalNeko

Postby animegirlxxx123999 on Mon May 04, 2009 4:39 pm

yeah zac efron and light yagami doesnt mix well in my opinion but if it comes out i am soo gonna go and see it i just cant wait for him to say 'ill take a potato chip and EAT IT!!' :lol:
animegirlxxx123999

Postby alicedragon on Mon May 04, 2009 5:50 pm

alicedragon

Postby Elianimation on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:24 am

ShurikenFire wrote:DO NOT WANT!!!

It's like trying to make someone as innocent as Toby Maguire look evil in spiderman 3, TOO MUCH MAKEUP.

I'm reaaalllly not liking Zac Efron be Light, ewwwww.

LOOOOOOOL that Toby Maquite evil look in spiderman 3 was too funny. The dancing LMAOOOO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqsdPUfnno - LMAOOOO the music fits with it so well.

Even though Zac Elfron appearance best fits Light it would still suck, he doesn't look evil enough.
Elianimation

Postby sjbonnar on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:36 pm

LMAO This debate is STILL ongoing!?
sjbonnar

Postby jenova36 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Urgh.... I have not watched HSM, and I tend to try avoiding it. only because im not a high school film lover or liker. the only thing close to films set in high schools taht i would watch would be Mean girls. maybe i should extend my horizon, but im not a fan of cheesyness.

that aside, If anyone should be in the role for Raito, it should be Jim sturgess who played Ben in 21. Because i know he would be able to pull the role off well, acting wise, as well as the fact that even his looks in 21 resemble Raito and has a similar role of the highly inteligent good looking and popular highschool-getting-into-uni role. :)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3126957568/nm0836343
jenova36

Postby rocksanie on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:35 am

Freak'ing NO X3

Yeah >_> I have my reasons XD ((Not because I dislike HSM))

He plays completely different characters which are completely opposite of Light so you can imagine that>_> And if he does no offense >_> But what's going to be at hte cinema's are fangirls >_> which might not know anything about Death Note >_>

Still massive difference >_>
Awesomely Awesome XD || Midlands Expo - Da Qiao DW7/DW:SF2version
rocksanie

Postby Nessie-chan on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:54 pm

If he plays the same character all the time, that doesnt say much about his acting credibilty does it?

I would like to see him have a go at this, it shall be interesting <3
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby DeeEmmSee on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Apologies for the bump, and a little off topic, but I've made a group on facebook, that if Zac Efron plays Light in this film, then I'm gonna make my own Death Note film (and for those of you that spot on there that Miley Cyrus is humored to play Misa, here's my source. It may not be reliable, but I saw it around) If anyone wants to join then feel free to :)
^ADD ME :D
DeeEmmSee

Postby Nessie-chan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Urgh.

You people forget that Shia LeBeouf of Transformers and Disturbia fame used to star in the highly popular Disney Channel TV show "Even Stevens" for about 4 years or so.

Instead of the jumping on the "I hate Disney, so anything from their enterprise sucks" bandwagon, remember that all credible actors had to come from somewhere. There has not been a single justified argument against the fact that Zac Efron would not make a good Light apart from the fact that "he's a disney person". Consider the fact that he has already broken away from the Disney mold and THEN get back to discussion.

I'm sorry, I just can't stand it when people say someone wouldn't suit a character because of 1) they are WAY too into their precious series and 2) they just plain hate the actor and won't give them the time of day. Same with the new Doctor Who actor.

I for one, however, wouldn't mind seeing the guy who plays Chuck Bass in Gossip Girl as Light, but perhaps that's just me. xD
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby MisaMisa on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Ed Westwick? He could be good actually. He does do evil quite well.

In terms of physical relation Chace Crawford would be better though. Plus I could swoon.
MisaMisa
Board Moderator

Previous

Return to MOVIES