Repo! The Genetic Opera

Chat about Movies here

Repo! The Genetic Opera

Postby fia_x on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Oh good lord, I almost feel bad doing this here considering I've been spamming everywhere with this. But I guess Repo!Opera needs some love!

So, From the creators of SAW, Darren Lynn Bousman brings you Repo!The Genetic Opera. A rock musical based in a future where organ failures is the credit crunch of their time.

Written by Terrence Zdnuich and Darren Smith, a production crew including Yoshiki (Of Legendary VK Band X Japan!), and a soundtrack featuring artists from Rob Zombie to Sonny Moore, this isn't one you'd wish to miss out on.

Starring Sarah Brightman as Blind Mag, Nivek Ogre as Pavi Largo and Bill Mosely as Luigi Largo, the line-up is incredible.

* Anthony Stewart Head as Nathan Wallace.
* Alexa Vega as Shilo Wallace.
* Paul Sorvino as Rotti Largo.
* Sarah Brightman as Blind Mag.
* Paris Hilton as Amber Sweet.
* Bill Moseley as Luigi Largo.
* Nivek Ogre as Pavi Largo.
* Terrance Zdunich as GraveRobber.
* Darren Smith as Band Leader, the flamboyant maestro of the Genetic Opera.

Yes, you read correctly, Paris Hilton will be in it, HOWEVER, I'm sure that all of you here can be intelligent, mature adults about this, and yes, I am aware of her awful acting jobs, her life, her general being. I honestly used to want to burn anything even remotely related to her on fire, and could have possible wanted to crush every bone in her body every time someone even dare mention her NAME. BUT, this movie is a ROCK OPERA, and Darren Bousman is a very intelligent guy. If some of you have seen the interviews with him, initially, he didn't want to cast her and refused an audition, (and was probably going to cast Shawnee Smith in it, sldkjfsdk.iloveher) but Paris' management stepped in and eventually he considered her for an audition. He obviously turned down the other requests for an audition because he thought what i'm guessing you all are thinking, "why would he cast HER? she can't do anything!" Well, to be fair, he did give her a chance, and she must've been pretty good for the part, she plays a spoilt brat who gets everything she wants with a rich father, she doesn't have to stretch far does she? Even then, Darren said that she deemed perfect for the part, and from what I've seen so far, she's pretty damn good. I've gained just a LITTLE bit of respect for her. It would be a shame to miss out on a (what most are expecting to be epic) movie because of stupid assumptions and immaturity, so guys, give her a chance, Darren did (:

It's a movie for anyone interested, and if I haven't gotten you psyched up enough, just think, the genious behind Lionsgate Film's last 3 years of moneymaking on the SAW franchise, the stuff this guy can come up with is immense, just imagine him working with a team like that, and a story like this. It's automatic awesome.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to see it. If you're a fan of Industrial music? The soundtrack would be awesome for you. If you're into drama and clever plotlines, then this script is perfect. If you think Ogre's character of wearing other women's faces as masks is your kinda thing? Go for it.

One warning; REPO! Is not your parents opera.

Trailer for this year

This movie will be intense!

However, The guys behind the desk at LGF (Lionsgate films) are big nono's.
Basically, the man who has been making them the most money they'll ever make, and the most publicity they'll ever get, gaining millions of fans from across the globe, they couldn't afford to fund the guy for a little advertising on this 4th project he's working on, that dare I say, may even be better than the Saw movies (OH, ONLY A MATTER OF OPINION GAIZ)??

SO. In light of that, you can either bombard LGF with hundreds of letters telling them how much you love their releases but how much you hate them for being the evil people they are.
Or you can get the Soundtrack. It's a start. Either way, I'd give it a try, DVD's will be released in early Jan, so it's a taster of the film.

You can also watch one of the songs for the movie, Zydrate Anatomy & see what you think of it (: and visit Repo-Opera.com

Nyan, I do apologize for the essay ): But I think it could use a little more love considering not many people know about it, and i'm expecting it to be an epic flick so I just hope I've gained your vote? XD
fia_x

Re: Repo! The Genetic Opera

Postby sunny1r on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 pm

an original idea, i like the music and the actors are a good bunch even if there is - like you said - Paris Hilton

it's not something i'm gonna watch right away but maybe on DVD/TV when it comes out, although if it has any of the gore of a Saw movie i'll probably give this a miss
sunny1r

Postby fia_x on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Unfortunately because LGF is evil D: DVD in Jan, BUT, it has gore, but I wouldn't say it has as much as there is in the SAW movies. I'm assuming the amount of gore is limited to the surgery rooms? But apparently people that have seen it say, because there's so much going on, you don't really notice it O_o'
fia_x

Postby sjbonnar on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:49 pm

fia_x wrote: * Paris Hilton as Amber Sweet.

Ended my interest.
sjbonnar

Postby ash-chan on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:32 am

i cant wait to see this film!
TZ is amazing
ash-chan

Postby llayboy on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:05 pm

I eagerly await the release of this film, the soundtrack is amazing
llayboy

Postby Incubo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:30 pm

I love this movie. It's just such a fresh, new idea. I own the DVD and I've watched it four times, it never gets old. I'm even debating making the Repo Men's costumes, Nathan's and perhaps even Graverobber.
Still, a great movie. I can't believe people ignore it simply because Paris Hilton plays a roll, she actually did a good job. She was practically playing herself after all. Great vocals too, Anthony Stewart Head and Sarah Brightman? To die for.

I kind of feel bad bumping this thread back up the page to flaunt my obsession, oh well, lol.
OCTOBER '10
Saturday: ???
Sunday: ???
Incubo

Postby Dom-chan on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Awesome film! My friend brought this movie Wednesday and we watched it twice in 1 night xD I'm gunna get it as soon as I have enough money. I'm hoping to see some GraveRobber cosplayers at the expo

Because the Zydrate Anatomy video from the 1st post got deleated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vJHDTuvjr0
Dom-chan

Postby sjbonnar on Sat May 02, 2009 7:46 pm

I've gotta post here. My earlier statement was bull. This movie is FANTASTIC!

I'm considering cosplaying from it now...hell if there was a Shadow Cast here in the UK...I'd be coming along as either Nathan/Repo Man or Graverobber. I love both characters with a passion.

My new obsession O_O
sjbonnar

Postby lhead on Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I LOVE REPO TO THE CORE its awesome its brillient its awesome and im making it a more famous thing by geting others into it if you love repo and you wana talk about it then please add me on msn(dragonmaster91@..co.uk
lhead

Postby CrystalNeko on Sat May 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Ehhhh this sounds like a really interesting movie. I'm a big fan of musicals so this looks interesting! I might look into it sometime, however I'm a big cheapstake so I'll just wait till it comes out on Sky Movies before I go watch it haha!

And I honestly don't care whether or not Paris Hilton is in it or not. I mean, I've never seen what her acting skills is like... May as well give the movie a go and see what her potential is. And of course I can't miss it if Sarah Brightman's in it 8D
CrystalNeko

Postby sjbonnar on Wed May 20, 2009 8:54 pm

I am now not only cosplaying Nathan/Repo Man (in the REpo Man costume of course!) but I'm also taking part in a Shadow Cast!
sjbonnar

Postby riotori on Tue May 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Heey!! Me and my sister cosplayed Repo last weekend! :D I went as Shilo and my sister was Blind Mag in the chromaggia costume! Did anyone see us there? :D (got a photo of us on here http://art-alchemist.deviantart.com/)

If anyone has any pictures I'd love to see them!
Cant wait to see more Repo cosplayers in the future!
riotori

Postby Floof on Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Must watch this movie some time...
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Toadsanime on Wed May 27, 2009 10:59 pm

From the small parts that I've looked up on, it looks amazing. Even by the trailer only, in fact. I can't help but make resemblances to Sweeney Todd - which is fine, of course, as I love that film.
So, is the film on DVD or anything yet? When it is, I'll buy it, I suppose. =3
Toadsanime

Postby ApocaWhat? on Fri May 29, 2009 9:34 am

I was there as the Repo Man for the first two and a half hours on saturday, but it became incredibly hard to see out of my fogging-up mask and I was profusely sweating whilst layered up in PVC, so I un-cosplayed and then spent the next 6 and a half hours stewarding..mmm...sweaty. I can't find any photos of myself anywhere though :(

I will be improving the costume over the holidays though, and I met a couple of girls who I think were going to be genterns next time, so we should all meet up.
ApocaWhat?

Postby lhead on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:18 am

i loved your repo man cosplay i huged you both days you was soooo awesome i must take down your msn or something cus that was just awesome
lhead

Return to MOVIES