New Series of Doctor Who

Chat about everything Dr Who here

Postby CrystalNeko on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:08 pm

Yeah I am REALLY disappointed in the new series... It's really boring... i was practically ignoring the screen seeing as I just lost internet after a while... Then today I was watching some recorded episodes of the older series with Roze on GOLD TV and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen... clearly the new series needs better storylines to keep my interested >_>... though I guess I still like to laugh at the daleks attacks [i just laugh at seeing the human's skeletons for some strange reaon O_O]
CrystalNeko

Postby Lycoris on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:57 pm

Cher2a wrote:Definately.
Not only that, but they are getting BORING.
I get that every Doctor needs to face the Daleks... I get that, hence why they were in both of the last seasons, but this seemed entirely pointless, and the entire plot defiled both the characters of the Doctor and the Daleks... The plot was diar and the script completely lacked the humour that makes the diar plots still worth watching. My boyfriend's father watched it with us, and he FELL ASLEEP it was that dull... Really, really disappointing. It had potential... But it just didn't work.

Thank you so much, this is the sort of thing that makes me feel like I'm not the only person who thinks that way. You too CrystalNeko.
I'm sitting here watching season 1 as I type and the differences are startling. It was so much better back then and just get more annoying. The end of season 2 was good but it felt like one of those things that should have been left as an eternal debate between fans, I've said this about something else on the forum. I missed the episode twice but I managed to see about 10 minutes. It felt like Davies has gotten really lazy with all this and the other writers because of previous success. Exactly how I felt whenever I watched Torchwood.
Lycoris

Postby Cher2a on Wed May 02, 2007 9:40 am

Lycoris wrote:It felt like Davies has gotten really lazy with all this and the other writers because of previous success. Exactly how I felt whenever I watched Torchwood.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
~ "I am the She-Panther. No man shall tame me... I am free." ~
~ Queen of Meep ~
Cher2a

Postby Raye-chan on Wed May 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Torchwood is funny the episode about the mass killing villages eating everyone was funny haha ^.^
Never, Never, Never Give Up :3
Raye-chan

Postby Cher2a on Wed May 02, 2007 5:39 pm

It was sick and pointless.

My boyfriend Ian always says to me when describing Torchwood that every episode is a (blatent) take off of something. Fight Club. The Hills Have Eyes. ... You get the point.
~ "I am the She-Panther. No man shall tame me... I am free." ~
~ Queen of Meep ~
Cher2a

Postby Raye-chan on Wed May 02, 2007 6:11 pm

Cher2a wrote:It was sick and pointless.

My boyfriend Ian always says to me when describing Torchwood that every episode is a (blatent) take off of something. Fight Club. The Hills Have Eyes. ... You get the point.

Yah i can agree with that, every episode can steal from all kindsa programs! cheeky torchwood ¬.¬
Never, Never, Never Give Up :3
Raye-chan

Postby Manga Girl on Sat May 05, 2007 6:51 pm

Tonights episode was ok, but the one in 2 weeks looks really interesting! :D
Manga Girl

Postby jacko360 on Sat May 05, 2007 7:19 pm

ditto

cpt jack is back
jacko360

Postby Crazedteensie on Sun May 06, 2007 10:14 am

I loved last night 8D I dunno why, I just thought it was cool XD

TWO WEEKS DDD:
Crazedteensie

Postby Manga Girl on Sun May 06, 2007 10:27 am

I think it will worth the wait! :D
Manga Girl

Postby FreyaCrescent on Sun May 06, 2007 4:49 pm

Is anybody else gonna get withdrawal symptoms, or will it be just me?

CAPTAIN JACK <3
FreyaCrescent

Postby triplittleminx on Sun May 06, 2007 5:48 pm

me i will

captain Jack is not in it till espiode 11 so a few week yet
triplittleminx

Postby Ktan on Sun May 06, 2007 8:59 pm

Looking forward to Jack coming back. What I like about Jack is that in some ways, especially given his swagger in Torchwood, he's a very different hero to the Doctor. He seems more aggressive and less empathetic, which I think is a great counter to the Doctor who, to be honest, is a bit of a damp squib sometimes. As Eccleston I thought he was great when he was angry, but Tennant seems a little too good at the tongue in cheek to be taken seriously when he's angry, which is a shame, since most of the time he's an amazing doctor. I just think they play the 'Rose' card a little too much as well. I hope they don't tone Jack back down and make him too nicey-nicey family friendly. In Torchwood they got to play around with him and make him a darker character. I'm hoping he retains some of that when he comes back to BBC 1.

With regards to the second part of the Dalek episode: Why the hell does Gamma radiation suddenly manifest as lightning?

Twenty lines!
Radiation is not lightning
Radiation is not lightning

I don't think they made the most of the Lazarus monster, it looked just a little bit goofy. At one point it looked like a Hydralisk, from StarCraft fame, but then I realised it hadn't quite got the same gribbly qualities. Also, the whole 'instant kill' thing isn't really that horrific. Mark Gatiss was quite good though.

To be honest, I'm enjoying the current run, but I'm incredibly good at suspending my disbelief and I have a long attention span, so that's probably why.

Day 25. Still missing my Cybermen. A child in Casualty last night was wearing one of the voice modulator masks. I think the BBC are trying to taunt me.
With Duty and Service.
Real Life friend of Mrs Chumphy.
(+ amethyst eyes + sazmaphone...oh my!)
Ktan

Postby Crazedteensie on Sun May 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Me and my sister were discussing what they're gonna do about the whole Rose thing when Jack meets the Doctor again. We pointed out that they better do the kinda "Where's Rose?" scene justice. If they just brush over it without sufficient heart broken expressions from the Doctor I will be so unamused XD
Crazedteensie

Postby faramon on Mon May 07, 2007 1:20 am

i have now watched the first episode and i am currently getting the second.
faramon

Postby AmethystEyes on Mon May 07, 2007 6:44 pm

I really enjoyed Saturday's episode- awesome monster design! Too bad it's not on for another two weeks T_T
Oh, and Ktan- how come your posts are sooo long and analytical? It's Doctor Who, it isn't really meant to make sense!
AmethystEyes

Postby Ktan on Mon May 07, 2007 9:07 pm

AmethystEyes wrote:Oh, and Ktan- how come your posts are sooo long and analytical? It's Doctor Who, it isn't really meant to make sense!

Lmao, lack of female contact, I suppose.

Trust me, it gets worse. Just don't get me started on 40K. I'd probably cause you a haemorrhage.

I do concur though: Eurovision sucks.
With Duty and Service.
Ktan

Postby Lycoris on Mon May 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Crazedteensie wrote:Me and my sister were discussing what they're gonna do about the whole Rose thing when Jack meets the Doctor again. We pointed out that they better do the kinda "Where's Rose?" scene justice. If they just brush over it without sufficient heart broken expressions from the Doctor I will be so unamused XD

I agree, although I think the "Who the hell are you?" thing might be slightly more prominent with Jack, considering there are now apparently 2 people he doesn't know.
I'm just glad they appear to be doing a longer storyline, just like the old days. I never actually watched any of the old episodes but I have a book of story lines from one of the Tom Baker years and it's just so different from anything we have now.

Do not get me started on Torchwood. Seriously. I watched three episodes but I could rant forever.
Lycoris

Postby Manga Girl on Sat May 19, 2007 7:00 pm

I really enjoyed tonight's episode! :D
I'm also looking forward to seeing next weeks one as well!!
Manga Girl

Postby Bunni on Sat May 19, 2007 7:02 pm

burn with me..... :lol:
Bunni

Postby Crazedteensie on Sun May 20, 2007 11:37 am

I <3 yesterday 8D I thought it was rubbish to start, the deaths were all much too quick and the "Kill me now" line was just plain bad. Like go shoot the writer now bad. Plus the theme (and his suit) were reused from Impossible planet.

Howeveeer it seemed to get much better as it went on. I may have just been transformed by the Doctor going "I'm so scared" at which point I died a little. In a good way.

Moral of the story: Being cheap can kill you.
Crazedteensie

Postby Ktan on Sun May 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Don't burn with me! Burn with the Emperor!

Look familiar?

As a side note, regarding next week I'm undecided. It looks like they are going to do something a little bit 'different', so to speak. However, it also looks like its going to be just a tad OTT with the whole 'Oh noez, it burnz my eyes' gadget made out of what looks like spoons and dolls pans.

Right. Jack needs to come back soon. That'd be nice, if they can make the most of it.

Oh, and Martha's mother annoys me. A lot.

Otherwise, I'm finding it entertaining though. It's all very silly, recycled and over-the-top, but it's something to sit down to and zone out for an hour with.
With Duty and Service.
Ktan

Postby FreyaCrescent on Fri May 25, 2007 1:48 pm

Bit late in posting, but I loved 42. Did make me wonder though, who the hell buys a ship with the re-magnetiser thing on the outside of the ship? You would think they had more sense xD I just died inside when the Doctor said he was scared. A bit of a fangirl moment xD

Did anybody else see the clip on Jonathon Ross when Captain Jack comes back into Doctor Who? If you haven't, here's the clip:

...Bugger. Well I was going to post the clip, but it's been removed from Youtube. xD I'll give a summary of what happens then.

(TARDIS lands in Cardiff. The Doctor explains to Martha about the Rift, and recharging the TARDIS. He notices the Rift has been active. The scene switches to Jack who is running towards the TARDIS screaming 'Doctor'. Tennant looks at a screen showing outside and sees Jack running towards the TARDIS. He pushes down a lever to make the TARDIS take off. Jack jumps onto the TARDIS and clings for dear life. Explosions inside TARDIS. Jack is left clinging to the TARDIS whilst travelling through time and space. Makes me wonder how he's breathing though)

I'm missing tomorrow's episode of Doctor Who tomorrow because of the Expo D:
FreyaCrescent

Postby Crazedteensie on Fri May 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Rudeth wrote:
Crazedteensie wrote:...transformed by the Doctor going "I'm so scared" at which point I died a little. In a good way.

There's a good way?

Yes. Yes there is.

Ahh, missing it tomorrow DD:
Crazedteensie

Postby Ktan on Fri May 25, 2007 10:49 pm

FreyaCrescent wrote:( Makes me wonder how he's breathing though)

Might just be the whole 'I can't die' thing :P

I don't think Jack's going to be in it for a few more weeks yet. This one is a two parter starting on Saturday, and it looks Jack-less.

Day 29: Maybe if I buy one of those Cyberman voice changers, that will make the BBC bring them back.

Of course, equally, I could just, y'know, buy one just for the fun...
With Duty and Service.
Ktan

PreviousNext

Return to DOCTOR WHO