Series 4 5th April

Chat about everything Dr Who here

Re: Series 4 5th April

Postby Jake Bullet on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Moffat has a unique ability to make something so ordinary seem so scary. i mean ticking at night, annoying but not scary but he managed to turn it into something scary. same with statues, not scary but now after probably my favourite new dr who episode they are. cant wait to see what he does with the series, not that russel T davis is bad or anything.

also on a side note, lost fans. black smoke = vashtanarada (darkness)?
Jake Bullet

Postby Shinji Ikari on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:53 pm

fullmetalrose wrote:Spoiler alert should be added here, highlight to see my answer below:
I know it is Davros...a mate of mine used to date the actor, ha ha.

is it to do with the last episodes by any chance?
Shinji Ikari

Postby JustinFun on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:23 pm

Shinji Ikari wrote:I got a sirius ishue with the regenorashion of the girl especily as she dint change her look

I think I have a bullet-proof answer to this one - it makes sense and it fits with on-screen established continuity. Remember the christmas invasion episode? The Doctor got his hand chopped off, but because he was within x hours of regeneration, he could regrow it. I assume the same principle applies within a few hours of generation for Jenny. Anyone got a problem with that?
JustinFun

Postby Moozman on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 am

Question: Why has the Doctor become Roy mustang in the latest episode?

Moozman
Moozman

Postby fullmetalrose on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:37 am

Roy Mustang? I don't remember him wearing white gloves, snapping his fingers and have fire coming from it! ;)

He has a blue suit so will give you that one...

I didn't like these episodes as much as I hoped to.
fullmetalrose

Postby Yamakaze on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:29 pm

And Jenny may not have regened 'correctly' because she wasn't a 'proper' Time Lord. Unless the Doctor did what he do to Rose in Series 1. He kissed her and that jump started her coming back to life.

As much as I liked Jenny, she shouldv'e died right then and there. Her going off into space is just too sugary sweet for me.

And I am liking the Doctor's suit for the next episode. :D
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby Shinji Ikari on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:53 pm

I got to give the guy who wrote the last 2 parter creadit he did a fantastic job best one in a long time apart from the irratating woman
Shinji Ikari

Postby Shinji Ikari on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:52 pm

ok in regards to todays episode im just going to say it never happed cos quite frankly it realy never happed lots and lots of build up and no action
Shinji Ikari

Postby fullmetalrose on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:10 pm

I liked last night's ep. The Doctor was so vunerable and it showed humanity in such a scary light. Really thought provoking I think.

I didn't like the River Song character so am pretending she does not exist! ;-)
fullmetalrose

Postby bother_bother_bother on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:08 pm

All I can say is I want my 45 minutes I lost from that episode back! Such a rubbish episode! It was a 45 minute B|tch fest!
bother_bother_bother

Postby Crazedteensie on Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:18 pm

I think last night's was good in terms of showing the whole mob mentality and humanity thing but... it's a kids show. If I was a kid watching that I would have been bored out of my mind XD And even I got bored of the . and hysteria after they'd basically had the same conversation about 6 times.

Also, how did they not notice that the woman grinning manically when they were all gonna die was the alien one?
Crazedteensie

Postby fullmetalrose on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:10 pm

And it is for big kids (like me!) too! Ok so nothing was blown up, he didn't snog anyone, no skeletons or daleks and there was alot of talking. It still was one of the best episodes in the series for me. I liked how it took a strong look at humans and, as someone said, the mob mentality. I don't remember seeing the Dr so helpless in a long while. Also, Rose cameo!! hee hee
fullmetalrose

Postby Jake Bullet on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:48 pm

was a really good episode and it really tested the acotrs, and the sound team it seems on docter who confidential. anyone else watch doc who con?

as for it not being a kids episode well i dont really think of dr who as a kids show but a family one. plus who's to say kids dont like that sort of thing, we cant assume if it doesn't have darleks or explosions in it there not interested. alot of kids are quite more grown up then they seem. they read more and more, for example i didn't read lord of the rings until a couple of years ago, one kid i knew had read it long before the films came out so there you go. my 2 cents.
Jake Bullet

Postby Shinji Ikari on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:58 pm

I supse you got points but it was just not engrossing like the last one in the liberry your getting to the end of the season 3 and they shoved that one in and you could feel it building up to something bg that never camw verry much like the blair witch project a lot of omg, omg, omg, ., ., bugger then just ends with the door blowing out ...

best bit thogh hardly any Donna
Shinji Ikari

Postby Yamakaze on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:53 am

Lucky for you, next week is all Donna!
Telford Expo 2010
Yamakaze

Postby Shinji Ikari on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:42 pm

and aparrently Im dead?

Trust Davross to kill me
Shinji Ikari

Postby Jake Bullet on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 pm

ah but you can re-generate and apparently according to damm spoiler trailers, donna dies so its a small price to pay to get rid of her.

i'm actualy hoping it isn't davross and that russel and his guys said it was to shock us even more. bringing davross back is pointless, he died for one thing, quite emphaticly actualy. i'm all for old baddies coming back, darleks, cybermen, sontaren and the master but that perticular leader did die, and i doubt they could do anything really special with him. well heres hoping on my end.
Jake Bullet

Postby Yamakaze on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 pm

I reckon it'll be alternative universe Dvaros and Daileks. Itd explain how Rose is back.
Telford Expo 2010
Yamakaze

Postby Shinji Ikari on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Jake Bullet wrote:ah but you can re-generate and apparently according to damm spoiler trailers, donna dies so its a small price to pay to get rid of her.

i'm actualy hoping it isn't davross and that russel and his guys said it was to shock us even more. bringing davross back is pointless, he died for one thing, quite emphaticly actualy. i'm all for old baddies coming back, darleks, cybermen, sontaren and the master but that perticular leader did die, and i doubt they could do anything really special with him. well heres hoping on my end.

acherly he escaped he dint die
Shinji Ikari

Postby Shinji Ikari on Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Well a good episode this week more of a what if???

but then there was the trailor at the end that reviled this fellow

now the only time ive ever seen a red Dalek is in the 1960's colour films not anywere else perhaps even more powerfull than Dalek Sec? or maybe its Dalek Thay in a new shell we shall see
Shinji Ikari

Postby Crazedteensie on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:50 pm

That episode was... consistently good but never really exciting until right at the end. I say that as a Tennant fangirl though so it's no coincidence I started enjoying it when he showed up again XD After the bit at the end and OMG HIS FACE I'm slipping into fangirl mode here because Tennant did the cutest face ever and then that trailer and EVERYONE is back and just omg. Me and Freyacrescent were jumping around and dancing and screaming because we were so hyper XD
Crazedteensie

Postby Yamakaze on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:04 am

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Don't get me wrong but thorwing in virtually everyone makes it seem like bloody fan fiction.

At least Gwen dided last episode. Sorta.
Telford Expo 2010
Yamakaze

Postby Jake Bullet on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:36 am

to be honest i'm glad there changing the colour of some of the darleks, we've had black and gold. there were tons of different coloured darleks indicating ranks like an army. not sure, dont hold me to it but isn't red the general? either way we'll see.

also i may be wrong about this but is next weeks episode the only darlek episode in season 4?
Jake Bullet

Postby CrystalNeko on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:50 am

Squee, this week's episode was fantastic as usual. Haha the attack of the blobs of fat made me laugh xD
But I was just overjoyed that Rose was back!
To be honest it wasn't the most exciting I've seen but it was still quite gripping, it was interesting to watch anyways...
The ending was good =3, hope to see more of Rose later in the series! *__*

Next week's episode, however, looks awesome! The Torchwood casts are in it! *__* And the daleks! [Though you could kinda guess they'd be back xD]
CrystalNeko

Postby Ikkaku_Madarame on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:59 pm

the Daleks are just terminators hiding in wheelie bins ya'kno..... sorry to spoil it for ya xD
I work best when im cheap 8-)
Ikkaku_Madarame

PreviousNext

Return to DOCTOR WHO