Series 4 5th April

Chat about everything Dr Who here

Re: Series 4 5th April

Postby Shinji Ikari on Mon May 19, 2008 6:45 pm

First of all, please deal with your spelling and grammar more often, i had to read it three times to understand =_='

[color=#0000FF]Right Maybe I cant speel for a reason Please think befor you atck people speeling and grmmer I am dislexic I cant spell to save my life I cant help it I would apreshiate it if you leave off it I have exsplained this many times befor so dont menshion it againe thanks
Shinji Ikari

Postby Jake Bullet on Tue May 20, 2008 3:44 am

Moozman wrote:Ok first off, GIANT KILLER WASP, wth i enjoy the little thing they are doing but the whole "im the doctor i cant change the past OH WAIT I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVENT X OR EVENT Y" thing is getting a bit repetitive (E.g Pompeii episode), the acting by David Tennant is the only thing that kept me captivated for that episode, wasps don't even have opposable thumbs how the HELL CAN IT HOLD A LEAD PIPE...
That aside i liked the idea of the Agatha Christie episode as i am a big fan of detective shows/books but the acting was a bit cheesy and as i said before the "villain" was just silly. One part i did like was when the doctor was trying to stabilize his enzymes, i found it quite funny back and forth between Tennant and Tate.

Moozman

well i think there trying to get accross the no nonsense part of donna making the doctor question his past events and his life style, plus he did say there is a difference between fixed parts of history and alien/monster intervention. i mean i doubt really that the wasp killing agatha christie was part of real history or molten monsters took over the world. its the annoying paradox thast you always get with time travel, hence the need for the Dr to really think about what he's done or going to do or whatever.

it was a great episode, one of those spot that reference episode for christie fans (not me personaly but others). and i aggree the Dr shoudl D-Tox more often. :P
Jake Bullet

Postby ShurikenFire on Tue May 20, 2008 10:27 am

Shinji Ikari wrote:
First of all, please deal with your spelling and grammar more often, i had to read it three times to understand =_='

[color=#0000FF]Right Maybe I cant speel for a reason Please think befor you atck people speeling and grmmer I am dislexic I cant spell to save my life I cant help it I would apreshiate it if you leave off it I have exsplained this many times befor so dont menshion it againe thanks

Where exactly have you actually said you are dyslexic where i've actually seen it...

Ya know what, it's a pointless argument.
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

Postby Shinji Ikari on Tue May 20, 2008 7:37 pm

ShurikenFire wrote:
Shinji Ikari wrote:

Where exactly have you actually said you are dyslexic where i've actually seen it...

Ya know what, it's a pointless argument.

take a look how many years ive been here compaired to you thats probbly why you havent seen it that and everyone else seems to know i cant help it and acepts it
Shinji Ikari

Postby ShurikenFire on Tue May 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Like i said, pointless argument, your just trying to be babyish now.
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

Postby Jake Bullet on Tue May 20, 2008 9:34 pm

can we keep this thread on topic pleased. i dont want the only good place to discuss doctor who to be locked thank you.
Jake Bullet

Postby animefan on Tue May 20, 2008 9:37 pm

ShurikenFire wrote:Like i said, pointless argument, your just trying to be babyish now.

Give it a rest would you, as a member who's been here a few years, he has said it and we all know it, not the place nor the point ot be attacking people really!
Ryzy-San

animefan

Postby Moozman on Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 am

fullmetalrose wrote:As for the pipe incident, the wasp did it when he was in the form of a human...hence the human shadow, or so I assume!

I don't really agree with the Doctor's perception of time, i believe that you cant change the future by going into the past and doing somthing for a simple reason, if you were going to the past did something and the future didn't happen, you could potentially not happen which stops you from changing the past and changing the future, Confused? Let me explain another way.
You can not go into the past and kill your mother before she gives birth to you as you wouldn't be born to kill her in the first place, time can not be so easily displaced and corrupted/broken so it can be assumed that any actions/lack of actions you take while traveling in the past are relevant to the existence of the future, this leads to the problem of free will, humans as a race do not like to feel like they are not in control of their lives if they believed that what they did was unchangeable, also that leads to a conclusion that a human no matter how many attempts will always make the same choices and live by the same consistence in a single dimension if given the ability to relive an event.
If you understand this, the actions of the doctor make sense, the many episodes of the doctor in the future earth wouldn't happen if he didn't stop the suntarans (sp?) from turning it into a clone world, as this happened in eps before the suntaran ep this season, it is not by chance but by destiny that the doctor saved the earth.

As for the wasp lead pipe thing watch it again, Shadow of man with lead pipe, Turns into wasp form, shadow is wasps now holding said pipe, Hits dude over head with pipe roughly 1:24 into the episode.

*edit*
Screencap of stupid idea.

Moozman
Moozman

Postby fullmetalrose on Thu May 22, 2008 8:29 am

ha ha, oh my!! Good spot - so the wasp did do it in the library with professor peach and the lead piping! ;-)
fullmetalrose

Postby clairefun on Thu May 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Moozman wrote:
*edit*
Screencap of stupid idea.

Moozman

pfffft! I didn't notice at the time, thanks for pointing out this *brilliant* idea - how come nobody at any point said...uh, hang on a minute...
clairefun

Postby Jake Bullet on Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Moozman wrote:
I don't really agree with the Doctor's perception of time, i believe that you cant change the future by going into the past and doing somthing for a simple reason, if you were going to the past did something and the future didn't happen, you could potentially not happen which stops you from changing the past and changing the future, Confused? Let me explain another way.
You can not go into the past and kill your mother before she gives birth to you as you wouldn't be born to kill her in the first place, time can not be so easily displaced and corrupted/broken so it can be assumed that any actions/lack of actions you take while traveling in the past are relevant to the existence of the future, this leads to the problem of free will, humans as a race do not like to feel like they are not in control of their lives if they believed that what they did was unchangeable, also that leads to a conclusion that a human no matter how many attempts will always make the same choices and live by the same consistence in a single dimension if given the ability to relive an event.
If you understand this, the actions of the doctor make sense, the many episodes of the doctor in the future earth wouldn't happen if he didn't stop the suntarans (sp?) from turning it into a clone world, as this happened in eps before the suntaran ep this season, it is not by chance but by destiny that the doctor saved the earth.

like i said before its the whole time paradox thing. however i think if you view it like this it makes sense. time is linear (sp?), you cant go faster or slower its a universal constant. since its a constant you cant travel along it, example is going up the rapids in a boat, not possible. thats why instead of travelling along the time line backwards or forwards, you instead take yourself out of the time line and come back on to a different point, example is a car jumping off a speed bumb missing parts of the road. now when you do this your being has been taken out of the line, therefore you can perform acts regardless of the consequence to your future self, example killing your mom before your born, you can do that as you have been taken off the time line and placed differently. you wouldn't vanish as a result because your current being wouldn't be affected. its a little confusing, but then again as humans we weren't meant to understand it fully, but i think if you view it in those terms, the docter can quite happily do things without consequence to himself or his assistant.

this has been brought to mind before when rose went back and saved her dad.
Jake Bullet

Postby animefan on Fri May 23, 2008 9:15 am

Being serious and thinking of this logically, you can't actually change time even if time travel were possible, because quite simply the timeline has already passed, any exsistance of yourself in that period of time has already been played out into the natual course of history for example, say:

I turned up at the expo in 2004 after travelling back from current weekend, I met a few of you and I affect you because I then become part of that timeline because I was there, this becomes part of the natual cycle and I become part of that time, while the actual me of the time is unaware of this, years later at some point I must find a way to travel back to this time and hence at some point in my life I play out the time traveler version of myself, even then this doesn't affect the future because yes as Mooz said, to know of a sinario to go and change it is also impossible because if the event never happens later on, I woulden't go and change it because I am unaware, therefore for something to happen or not, I would of have to have been in some way involved with the original timeline, to have affected the original effect at all.
Ryzy-San

animefan

Postby Jake Bullet on Sat May 24, 2008 7:19 pm

alldepends on your view of time travl. the way i see it makes sense and makes it possible, if a little bit confusing. this debate has gone on for as long as theres been logical and probably bored men. if were to continue this perticular debate wouldn't it be better to give it its own thread?

in other news they should of put a doc who episode on, they had time and they could of done it on the eurovision itself for a laugh. howabout a race of highly gifter singers enter the contest and another less talented singing race (perhaps called westlife) tries to kill em. actualy thats not a bad idea, i'm gonna email that one in.
Jake Bullet

Postby bother_bother_bother on Sun May 25, 2008 10:31 pm

Jake Bullet wrote:in other news they should of put a doc who episode on, they had time and they could of done it on the eurovision itself for a laugh. howabout a race of highly gifter singers enter the contest and another less talented singing race (perhaps called westlife) tries to kill em. actualy thats not a bad idea, i'm gonna email that one in.

Haha that made me lol!
bother_bother_bother

Postby rico2099 on Sun May 25, 2008 10:39 pm

animefan wrote:Being serious and thinking of this logically, you can't actually change time even if time travel were possible, because quite simply the timeline has already passed, any exsistance of yourself in that period of time has already been played out into the natual course of history.

In a comic called Animal Man that example is used when the main character goes back in time to stop an event from happening, but he can't because the event has already happened and he is just a ghost in that time period

Anywho, what do people think about Russell T Davies stepping down as director after the 4 specials next year and Steven Moffat taking over? I for one cannot wait to see the direction he takes it in, after the great episodes he's written like Blink, The Girl in the Fireplace and Time Crash
rico2099

Postby roguearcanis on Sat May 31, 2008 3:39 pm

rico2099 wrote:Anywho, what do people think about Russell T Davies stepping down as director after the 4 specials next year and Steven Moffat taking over? I for one cannot wait to see the direction he takes it in, after the great episodes he's written like Blink, The Girl in the Fireplace and Time Crash

It will certainly be very interesting ^^ I like Mr Moffat - all episodes from now on are going to terrify the little children!! :D His double episode is on tonight and next week: RTD has said that its definitely one to watch - will it be on the same scare level as Blink? We'll see...
Gwen Cooper ~ teamTARDIS (RTD Approved: 10/10/2008)
http://www.teamtardis.deviantart.com
roguearcanis

Postby madz on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Last night's episode

Oh my, that was scary! The premise and storyline really put me on edge, as well as the setting, one which can commonly be considered a comfort to a lot of people, turned into a forboding and terrifying situation, using the most basic human fear. - Incredibly clever, and definitely one of the better premises that Doctor Who has had. Moffat is definitely one of those writers who can run on his own steam, without resorting to bringing back the Daleks, or the Cybermen, or the (insert old monster here), and I really admire that in his writing style - its a refreshing change to Davies' style.

However, the woman, whoever she is, really annoyed me for some reason, but I still really want to find out who she is... Any theories? I'm reserving judgement at the minute, but it is a quandary.. ><

In any case, great premise and story, but less annoying characters, please. ^^
madz

Postby Shinji Ikari on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:44 am

Im gessing some futer lover or somthing ether way she needs to die
Shinji Ikari

Postby Crazedteensie on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:13 pm

rico2099 wrote:Anywho, what do people think about Russell T Davies stepping down as director after the 4 specials next year and Steven Moffat taking over? I for one cannot wait to see the direction he takes it in, after the great episodes he's written like Blink, The Girl in the Fireplace and Time Crash

Moffat is my god.

I adore his episodes. All of my favourites were written by him. After I heard the news I danced around the house.

... so does anyone else just melt at the Doctor's smile on the mid-series trailer?
Crazedteensie

Postby roguearcanis on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Shinji Ikari wrote:Im gessing some futer lover or somthing ether way she needs to die

Agreed. She is just really irritating, but the thing is, I can't quite put my finger on why. She's probably some companion that he hasn't met yet, so if that is the case, sadly I'm not sure that she'll be dying. I'm not sure if I should post this, but the title of the next episode is rather interesting, considering the name of this strange woman.

Also, what do people think about CAL? I'm thinking it could either be the name (or an abbreviated form) of the girl who claims she owns the library, or some abbreviated name of the Central Processing Unit, which the Doctor said was the biggest in the Universe (or something like that...)

Crazedteensie wrote:... so does anyone else just melt at the Doctor's smile on the mid-series trailer?

Totally. *insides turn to melted mush*
roguearcanis

Postby Shinji Ikari on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:25 pm

Ok im chuking somthing up here from the new Dr who add now I want your opion on this

this is the pic

Now my betting is thats Davross simply cos of the glowing eye and the shap in the shadows what you all think?
Shinji Ikari

Postby fullmetalrose on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Spoiler alert should be added here, highlight to see my answer below:
I know it is Davros...a mate of mine used to date the actor, ha ha.
fullmetalrose

Postby madz on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 pm

roguearcanis wrote: She is just really irritating, but the thing is, I can't quite put my finger on why. She's probably some companion that he hasn't met yet, so if that is the case, sadly I'm not sure that she'll be dying. I'm not sure if I should post this, but the title of the next episode is rather interesting, considering the name of this strange woman.

Yeah, I think its her personality or attitude towards everything, or maybe just the way she holds herself? Its good to know i'm not the only one who can't stand her. I think it might be interesting if she died in this time - first time he's met her, and the last time at the same event. 'twould be very cleer.
*looked up the name of the next episode* - I would post my opinion, but I forgot the characters name, so.. ._.

roguearcanis wrote:
Also, what do people think about CAL? I'm thinking it could either be the name (or an abbreviated form) of the girl who claims she owns the library, or some abbreviated name of the Central Processing Unit, which the Doctor said was the biggest in the Universe (or something like that...)

I think CAL is a very clever idea. The Doctor has always gone on about how amazing humans are, and that our brain is pretty amazing - like it surpasses a computer. It reminds me of the matrix - the real world isn't real, your nightmares are,
kind of thing. She's an interesting character, and i'm looking forward for more development on her part.

And, oh no.. not another brought-back villain for the finale.. New stuff please <3
madz

Postby Nessie-chan on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:31 am

To be honest, nothing that Doctor Who has done recently has interested me but Saturday's episode was one of the classics. What a genuinely terrifying monster. Up there with teh Angels episode I reckon

<3
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby roguearcanis on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:20 pm

I did like it, as I do think that Mr Moffet is a genius when it comes to spooky stuff, but I feel that the angels were better than the Vashta Nerada (spelling? q:) Things lurking in the shadows just seems a bit cliche, whereas the angels were just brilliant.
roguearcanis

PreviousNext

Return to DOCTOR WHO