New Series of Doctor Who

Chat about everything Dr Who here

Postby Nessie-chan on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:09 am

Why does everyone hate Martha so much? I like her more than I did Rose. I mean, Rose was cool, but Martha is like=

d(^.^)d

I dunno, i guess it annoys me when they go "Rose this, Rose that, Rose has boobs, Rose has dodgy eyebrows, etc"

Lol, Im not even a major Dr Who fan. I just watch it randomly for entertainment when Im bored (or need my Tennant fix xDDD)
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby ibelong2me on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Martha Jones is def in series 4 according to 'The Metro' interview with the actress today.

Torchwood without Captain Jack would be dull I agree, though have heard James Masters (Spike) will be a guest star in it at some point!!! Now those two might get me to watch series 2! lol
ibelong2me

Postby Dark Moxx on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Torchwood without Captain Jack would be dull I agree, though have heard James Masters (Spike) will be a guest star in it at some point!!!

Yeah, I heard that too. I think James Masters would be great in Torchwood, looking forward to that.

I really liked the old Masters in the classic series too, but it's nice to see a new take on the character, kinda like the doctor's alter ego, but there was a bit of the old master there, especially when he'd just come back, it'd be nice to see some more of that.
When the coffees good, so is everything else!
Dark Moxx

Postby Shinji Ikari on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:49 pm

intresting how the master gwet out of the hart of the tardis not exsplained was it huge gaping hole there especily since the master has no lives left and died for the last time in 1996
Shinji Ikari

Postby clairefun on Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:37 am

Shinji Ikari wrote:intresting how the master gwet out of the hart of the tardis not exsplained was it huge gaping hole there especily since the master has no lives left and died for the last time in 1996

Rose unleashed *everything* when she looked into the heart of the tardis.

He used the doctors dna from the hand to aid his regeneration (did you see how it was prominently featured and looked to be, uh, *icky* after the regeneration? ) - took me a second viewing thanks to John Simms coolness :)

I've met John Barrowman and John Simms woot! *goes back to stalking David Tennant again*
clairefun

Postby Shinji Ikari on Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:15 pm

clairefun wrote:
Shinji Ikari wrote:intresting how the master gwet out of the hart of the tardis not exsplained was it huge gaping hole there especily since the master has no lives left and died for the last time in 1996

Rose unleashed *everything* when she looked into the heart of the tardis.

He used the doctors dna from the hand to aid his regeneration (did you see how it was prominently featured and looked to be, uh, *icky* after the regeneration? ) - took me a second viewing thanks to John Simms coolness :)

I've met John Barrowman and John Simms woot! *goes back to stalking David Tennant again*

she may well have done but it still is not stated he got out or no exspinashion for getting his lifes back but also on that note if hes stolen 2 lives off the doctor that leaves him with one left
Shinji Ikari

Postby Nessie-chan on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:04 pm

i havent been following it fully but...

AWESOME EP!!!!!
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby Dark Moxx on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:03 pm

OK That episdoe (The sound of drums was amazing!) John Simm is great as the master. Loved how they explained him coming back - very pleased that they did that and didn't just leave it.
Dark Moxx

Postby Crazedteensie on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:34 pm

That

was

AWESOME.

John Simm is BRILLIANT as the Master, I love him with the crazy XD Everything in that was awesome.

My only complaint was that they showed Gallifrey D: I thought it was much more exciting seeing it in my head, actually seeing it kinda ruined... all the magic of it.
Crazedteensie

Postby Manga Girl on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:03 pm

I've recorded it so I'll be watching tomorrow :D
Manga Girl

Postby clairefun on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:27 am

Crazedteensie wrote:My only complaint was that they showed Gallifrey D: I thought it was much more exciting seeing it in my head, actually seeing it kinda ruined... all the magic of it.

Me too, i thought. I didn't want to see it, especially looking all 'low budget fantasy film' sorta thing. (I mean the idea, not so much the execution).

But yeah all the references to the Old Style Master were great, and I enjoyed John Simm, kind of annoying but definitely a suitable master for the current doctor. Still don't like Martha's family but I enjoyed lotsaJackness :) and although the orb-thingies made me think of the dalek invasion, I did enjoy the tenseness of the ep.
clairefun

Postby Nessie-chan on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:19 am

clairefun wrote:
Crazedteensie wrote:My only complaint was that they showed Gallifrey D: I thought it was much more exciting seeing it in my head, actually seeing it kinda ruined... all the magic of it.

Me too, i thought. I didn't want to see it, especially looking all 'low budget fantasy film' sorta thing. (I mean the idea, not so much the execution).

But yeah all the references to the Old Style Master were great, and I enjoyed John Simm, kind of annoying but definitely a suitable master for the current doctor. Still don't like Martha's family but I enjoyed lotsaJackness :) and although the orb-thingies made me think of the dalek invasion, I did enjoy the tenseness of the ep.

I dont mind Martha's family but her mum is a dingbat ¬_¬
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby Dark Moxx on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

I don't know, I quite enjoyed those moments of finally getting a good chance to see the outside of Gallifrey. I think they did it justice although the Citadel should have been bigger in my opinion
Dark Moxx

Postby Shinji Ikari on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Great ep but i dont like the way the timelord can now sudenly receate dead time lords this sort of makes it posible now to bring them all back
Shinji Ikari

Postby Cheri on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:37 pm

The series seemed to go really quickly O_O I mean it's gunna be the last ep on Saturday D;
Although I haven't been really keepin' up with this series ^-^;;

But the penultimate ep was purty good ;D (Weird) But good.
Cheri

Location: In your bed eatin' your pillows and reading your manga XD

Postby CrystalNeko on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:21 am

WHAT?! O_O It's the very last episode of the season tomorrow? =O Does that mean Martha's gonna be axed soon then? O_O Aww darn I'm starting to like her now Dx Aww the Doctor's gonna be all alone again ='[
CrystalNeko

Postby Special Pleb on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:23 am

CrystalNeko wrote:WHAT?! O_O It's the very last episode of the season tomorrow? =O Does that mean Martha's gonna be axed soon then? O_O Aww darn I'm starting to like her now Dx Aww the Doctor's gonna be all alone again ='[

Means they will need a new assistant!! >3 I'm free if he want to take me instead!!! xD

And I'm lookiong forward to seeing her being axed, yeah I like her but violence is always a good thing ^__^
Special Pleb

Postby Nessie-chan on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:50 pm

why didnt nobody like martha?!?! *doesnt like people nemore*
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby Yuki on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:39 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:why didnt nobody like martha?!?! *doesnt like people nemore*

I don't know about everyone else, but the only reason I don't like her is because of the whole insta-Doctor-love thing. I personally think they should stop over-romancing him. Does everyone have to be in love with him? oo Though I am glad she's not as whiny about it anymore.
Yuki

Postby CrystalNeko on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:why didnt nobody like martha?!?! *doesnt like people nemore*

I didn't like her at first... but over the series I've grown to like her and now I really like her =P... she's an awesome assistant! I'm gonna be so upset when she leaves! Dx

The main reason I didn't like her at first was because she was just all whiny and disapproved of loads of stuff =/... but she's cool now! =D
CrystalNeko

Postby Crazedteensie on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Yuki wrote:Does everyone have to be in love with him?

Yes. Yes they do. Including enough fangirls to fill a small country 8D

I didn't like her because I miss Rose XD
Crazedteensie

Postby Ktan on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:02 pm

Best Episode ever.

Utterly mind blowing, it's the first Episode of Dr Who that has had me totally hooked and able to suspend almost all my disbelief. Further, Simms was amazing as the Master. compared to all the previous end of series 'bad guys' the Master is easily the most powerful. I love the Cybermen, but frankly the Battle of Canary Wharf made a mockery of them and the Daleks were getting a tad old hat when it came to being the 'Oh noez! Final Boss of the internets!' guys.

The Master is amazing. He's an intellectual match for the Doctor, and it's awesome to see the Doctor's antithesis. He's amazingly charismatic.

It will also be interesting to hear more of the Master's backstory, which I get the feeling we will. The Daleks haven't been fleshed out a lot, and hopefully we'll be able to find out more about the Time War. Anyone who's versed in 40K would probably see the Time War would be as interesting as Doctor Who fans as the Horus Heresy is to 40K fans.

Having heard that the actor who played Spike is going to be in Torchwood? Is this the same Spike as the one of Buffy fame?
Awesomesauce, on every level.
My enthusiasm for the Whoniverse has certainly been invigorated no end.

I'd like the Daleks to find a way to 'come back' though, hopefully along with the Cybermen, the logical solution being another breach of the walls of 'Hell.' You can't seriously kill off the Daleks and the Cybermen haven't really had a lot of publicity considering that they have been cited as the Doctor's second greatest alien adversaries, after the Daleks. (The Master being a non-alien to the doctor :P). It's also a shame that the Cult of Skaro was killed off so quickly, since they helped the Daleks seem less like flat-pack bad guys. Oh well.

Hehe, Ice Warriors next series, anyone?
With Duty and Service.
Real Life friend of Mrs Chumphy.
(+ amethyst eyes + sazmaphone...oh my!)
Ktan

Postby ibelong2me on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:19 pm

Well I found the last episode of series 3 slightly disappointing if I am honest...but Loved John Simm as The Master, he rocks. I just thought the whole big 'thinking of The Doctor' thing a bit cheesey, even for this show. Nice twist about Captain Jack don't you think?! Looks like he will be in series 2 of Torchwood with James Masters (yes, of Spike fame!) after all!

I agree with Yuki about the whole Martha Jones romance issue - have not taken a like to that character much in part because of it. In a recent interview in The Metro the actress confirms she is in series 4 and the romance thing will be brought down a few notches, phew![/i]
ibelong2me

Postby Cheri on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:16 am

ibelong2me wrote:Well I found the last episode of series 3 slightly disappointing if I am honest...but Loved John Simm as The Master, he rocks. I just thought the whole big 'thinking of The Doctor' thing a bit cheesey, even for this show. Nice twist about Captain Jack don't you think?! Looks like he will be in series 2 of Torchwood with James Masters (yes, of Spike fame!) after all!

I agree with Yuki about the whole Martha Jones romance issue - have not taken a like to that character much in part because of it. In a recent interview in The Metro the actress confirms she is in series 4 and the romance thing will be brought down a few notches, phew![/i]

I agree with the season finale episode being disappointing and I actually said "This is so Cheesy" When the doctor transformed from that freaky like Dobby to his normal self again.

I read about Martha coming back in Series 4 of Doctor Who, and she says she hasn't been sacked from the show. So she will be back for Season 4.

I didn't really mind her, I think she played her character quite well, but I much prefered Rose- Probably cause' I got used to her for a while : P
Cheri

Location: In your bed eatin' your pillows and reading your manga XD

Postby ibelong2me on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:05 am

Am glad someone else thought 'Dobby'!!! :D Was weird...

Xmas special looks interesting, but am not sure involving that chosen subject is totally original! lol
ibelong2me

PreviousNext

Return to DOCTOR WHO