DEAD SILENCE (James Wan/Leigh Whannell)

Chat about everything to do with Horror here

DEAD SILENCE (James Wan/Leigh Whannell)

Postby HERBERTWEST on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:55 am

I'm very much looking forward to this (region 1 DVD soon), from the guys behind "Saw", looks awesome!

Thoughts...
"Death is just the beginning...."
HERBERTWEST

Postby BillyBrown on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:10 pm

Nah, doesn't do it for me, i always think puppet horror movies are lame,
BillyBrown

Postby Satans Puppet on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:15 pm

BillyBrown wrote:Nah, doesn't do it for me, i always think puppet horror movies are lame,

Oi!!! WHat's your problem?!?!?! :x

It's out on HD-DVD at the end of this month too :D Tempted to get it but £20 for a dodgy horror? I ain't mad!!!
Satans Puppet

Postby HERBERTWEST on Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:06 pm

Saw this, loved it. Though it won't appeal to all as some of the story elements have been used before ("Elm Street, I'm lookin' at you!), but for some reason it just reminded me of the horror heyday of the 80's when horror was there for horror's sake.

It wasn't full of "ooh, this is just like that horror movie" post-Scream references and the cast wasn't composed of a load of kids from Dawson's Creek and the O.C. There is some comedy in there from Donnie Whalberg, but generally it's a straight horror film (made me think of "Pin"). It's not standard "killer puppet" movie, and doesn't rip off "Magic" or "Child's Play", so it gets points from me for originality.

Solid 8/10. Check it out people! :wink:
HERBERTWEST

Postby BillyBrown on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm

HERBERTWEST wrote:Saw this, loved it. Though it won't appeal to all as some of the story elements have been used before ("Elm Street, I'm lookin' at you!), but for some reason it just reminded me of the horror heyday of the 80's when horror was there for horror's sake.

It wasn't full of "ooh, this is just like that horror movie" post-Scream references and the cast wasn't composed of a load of kids from Dawson's Creek and the O.C. There is some comedy in there from Donnie Whalberg, but generally it's a straight horror film (made me think of "Pin"). It's not standard "killer puppet" movie, and doesn't rip off "Magic" or "Child's Play", so it gets points from me for originality.

I appear to watch a horror for completely opposite reasons than you. I hate those old school straight horrors and like the ones with a hot cast and comedy in em.
BillyBrown

Postby Satans Puppet on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:41 pm

BillyBrown wrote:
HERBERTWEST wrote:Saw this, loved it. Though it won't appeal to all as some of the story elements have been used before ("Elm Street, I'm lookin' at you!), but for some reason it just reminded me of the horror heyday of the 80's when horror was there for horror's sake.

I appear to watch a horror for completely opposite reasons than you. I hate those old school straight horrors and like the ones with a hot cast and comedy in em.

Again I say.... Oi What's your problem? :P
Satans Puppet

Postby Barry790 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:19 am

hey herbie...that pin movie you mention (with the legends david hewlett and terry o'quinn) comes out on dvd this month.

...just putting it out there.
Barry790

Postby Satans Puppet on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:53 am

Barry790 wrote:hey herbie...that pin movie you mention (with the legends david hewlett and terry o'quinn) comes out on dvd this month.

Don't make puppy hurt you.... *prepares to drag Barry to a Spice Girls reunion gig :lol:*

Puppy just ordered this on HD-DVD :)
Satans Puppet

Postby Barry790 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:40 pm

did you see "your gal mel" on the friday night project this week? guess they're reforming, its not like they need the money or fame.......oh wait...they really do!
Barry790

Postby Satans Puppet on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:50 pm

She was SUPERB!!! Although I did get freaked out during the teaser on BB... the whole Slicked back shell suit look.... it was just uncanny :lol:

Big ANNOUNCEMENT on Thursday regarding Tour dates... :) I shall do one but even then the Spice girls are a little too camp for puppy.

:oops:
Satans Puppet

Postby BillyBrown on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm trying to get tickets to go see friday night project. i wanted to go this week as lily allen is hosting but it'll proberly be in 2 weeks and they don't know the host yet (hope its a good un), didn't really like mel c doing it, shes just not funny AT ALL. still at least she can sing...........oh
BillyBrown

Postby Satans Puppet on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:05 pm

BillyBrown wrote:I'm trying to get tickets to go see friday night project. i wanted to go this week as lily allen is hosting but it'll proberly be in 2 weeks and they don't know the host yet (hope its a good un), didn't really like mel c doing it, shes just not funny AT ALL. still at least she can sing...........oh

*reaches into his ball bag of destruction and pulls out a rubber chicken* What did you just say?!?!!?!?!?!?! *waves the chicken around threateningly....*
Satans Puppet

Postby BillyBrown on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:39 pm

Satans Puppet wrote:
BillyBrown wrote:I'm trying to get tickets to go see friday night project. i wanted to go this week as lily allen is hosting but it'll proberly be in 2 weeks and they don't know the host yet (hope its a good un), didn't really like mel c doing it, shes just not funny AT ALL. still at least she can sing...........oh

*reaches into his ball bag

snigger
BillyBrown

Postby Satans Puppet on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:54 pm

BillyBrown wrote:
Satans Puppet wrote:

*reaches into his ball bag

snigger

People have killed to touch Puppys Bag.... Last May... Expo.... Cosplayers went crazy a Cloud from FF7 kill a few characters from the lesser sequals just to touch Puppys bag!!! Tis no laughin matter...
Satans Puppet

Postby HERBERTWEST on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:49 pm

Barry790 wrote:hey herbie...that pin movie you mention (with the legends david hewlett and terry o'quinn) comes out on dvd this month.

I got the Anchor Bay region 1 release a few years ago.

P.S.-No touching Puppy's bag...it's just plain disturbing, lol!

*sniggers too* :lol:
HERBERTWEST

Postby Satans Puppet on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:01 pm

Oi there ain't nuffin wrong wif me bag!!!
Satans Puppet

Postby Satans Puppet on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:27 pm

How miffed is Puppy?

Movietyme shipped this on THURSDAY.... and what was today? The bloody postal strike!!! :x
Satans Puppet

Postby Satans Puppet on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:38 pm

Puppets are Scary!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Just started it.... PUPPETS are scary!!!

Puppy dun wanna be a puppet no More!!!
Satans Puppet

Postby HERBERTWEST on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:07 am

Yep, feeel the freakin' fear!
Show the Dead Silence love, Puppy! Show it!!!!!

Gotta love it, gotta spread the DS love! :D
HERBERTWEST

Postby Satans Puppet on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:32 am

Vinny from Home and Away is in it....

Not enough gore though... but spooky... especially that ending
Satans Puppet

Postby Barry790 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:40 pm

i totally passed this up on dvd this weekend, totally regretting it now, all this death sentence and saw talk i be hearing, making wanna see this, should be out here on dvd soon....right?
Barry790

Postby Barry790 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:51 pm

just found out this comes to uk dvd juuuust before halloween (29th october)

time to get my scare on!
Barry790

Postby BillyBrown on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Finally saw this today (brought from the expo yesteday). In a word: disappointing. Compared to Death sentence and saw: depressingly dull. Don't get me wrong it had a few good moments but i just found it kind of boring and found my attention wandering. Not a overly great cast, especially the lead who i felt let down the whole flick. Much like Saw though, superb ending.
BillyBrown

Re: DEAD SILENCE (James Wan/Leigh Whannell)

Postby gazadams on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 pm

really liked this one !
gazadams

Re: DEAD SILENCE (James Wan/Leigh Whannell)

Postby gazadams on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 pm

really liked this one !
gazadams

Return to HORROR