Expo was awesome, as always! Although I was laughed at on the Saturday by a Ghostbuster in the queue when I stumbled and flipped my camcorder's LCD screen shut as I was recording. Should've kicked him.
Uh, let's see. Saturday was just sheer madness. I cosplayed for all of about 40 minutes (I was an Absol) and then had to go back to the hotel for 2 hours with heat exhaustion, thereby missing the cosplay rave and masquerade. Grr. But I like not
being in hospital.
Didn't do much shopping on the Saturday as I couldn't get anywhere near most of the stalls. It was the Sunday that I shopped, as I kept finding little treasures that I didn't notice the previous day! Of course, some things I wanted were gone, but it was nice to be able to stand and browse without fifty billion other people standing next to you!
I bought (in no particular order):
- A Staraptor plushie (it is cute, grumpy and fat)
- A Palkia plushie
- A Darkrai plushie (I likes me some Pokemon, in case you hadn't guessed)
- Pocky (who didn't?)
- Chocolate mushrooms
- Some little Pokemon figurines (I have a Wingull that moves from side to side! CUTE!)
- Old Pokemon dogtags (would've bought more but I was running out of money)
- Old Pokemon stickers (ditto to the above)
- Final Fantasy 9 Piano Collections CD
- Final Fantasy 11 OST
- A black Charmander sunhat (it's for children, but it fits me nicely and was only £2! Most adult-sized sunhats go flying off in my head in a stiff breeze)
- 24 keyrings for my mum (that's the series, not the number of keyrings!)
I could have bought so much more, but I held out for the sake of my bank balance.
I didn't meet anyone, because I have no friends, am excruciatingly shy and wasn't there on the Saturday afternoon. I did talk to more cosplayers this time around though, which means I talked to about 3 people.
I also did a bit of exploring around the Docklands area over the weekend and ate dinner on the Saturday at the Caribbean Scene restaurant. Oh, the numminess.