DDR:UK to hold a Rock Band tournament - Info inside!

This is the area where you can discuss the various gaming and computer companies who attend the London MCM Expo and their products

Re: DDR:UK to hold a Rock Band tournament - Info inside!

Postby wildfireskunk on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 pm

As said, if you feel the expert difficulty is too much (damn you DoA!), then you don't have to play it on expert.

And yeah, there is a GH2 and a RB guitar controller available. So argue in advance as to who is having which one! :p
wildfireskunk

Postby MasakoX on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 pm

El capitano wrote:Good to hear Masako; I know our guitarist can handle it..Now all we need is a bassist. I'm gonna get the guitarist to make an account on these forums..

Adziu - Aye, just a little fun. Still wouldn't mind winning ;D

Right, now all we need to do is get in touch and figure out what to practice. :)
MasakoX

Postby wildfireskunk on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Original post updated with prizes and a note about long songs which are excluded! That and the fact that the tournament host is downloading a loooooooot of DLC tonight, hopefully thus being able to provide a list of what isn't there for us tomorrow!
wildfireskunk

Postby Commander J on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Got any images of the prizes at all, I'm quite interested in this Shadowman guitar.
Commander J

Postby wildfireskunk on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:34 pm

The guitars are yet to be finished quite yet I'm afraid. When he's finished making them I'll get images, but I'm afraid I can't say when that'll be as obviously making new guitars isn't the quickest thing heh.

If it does help, I'm told the shapes are going to be a Gibson Firebird and a Kramer Vangard.
wildfireskunk

Postby Commander J on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:37 pm

wildfireskunk wrote:The guitars are yet to be finished quite yet I'm afraid. When he's finished making them I'll get images, but I'm afraid I can't say when that'll be as obviously making new guitars isn't the quickest thing heh.

If it does help, I'm told the shapes are going to be a Gibson Firebird and a Kramer Vangard.

VANGAURD KTHXBAI!

Oh well thanks for the info anyway, Also I'm not pleased at Blackened being on this disallowment list... I enjoy a bit of it now and then :( Also from the looks of things your disallowing songs that go over the 6 minute mark yes?
Commander J

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:56 pm

SORRY FOR THE LATE POST ><

I'm the guitarist for El Capitano & Masako

I'd completely forgotten to check here

however due to circumstances El Capitano cant make it

So we're looking for a drummer and bassist ><

Add me on msn or post here (msn is on my profile)

see you all on the sunday ;D
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby wildfireskunk on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Important note!

Due to an unfortunate extra cost that has just arrived to do with importing things, there will be a small £2 per person entry fee attached to the tournament to help try and make a little bit of money back. With the prizes on offer, I'm hoping that's not going to put people off too much? Hell, I don't even think £2 buys you lunch at the expo ;p

Also, can I get a rough role call form one person in each prospective band? Just looking for a rough idea on how much interest there is :D
wildfireskunk

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:53 pm

well bare in mind that there will be people there who aren't on the forum as well

But I'll be there
I'm waiting to hear back from Masako
and we're finding a drummer and bassist at the moment....
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Adziu on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:06 pm

wildfireskunk wrote:Important note!

Due to an unfortunate extra cost that has just arrived to do with importing things, there will be a small £2 per person entry fee attached to the tournament to help try and make a little bit of money back. With the prizes on offer, I'm hoping that's not going to put people off too much? Hell, I don't even think £2 buys you lunch at the expo ;p

Also, can I get a rough role call form one person in each prospective band? Just looking for a rough idea on how much interest there is :D

Having to pay? Ok no thanks, I'm-a withdrawing!

The fact that £2 doesn't buy you lunch at expo is more a reason to NOT enter than a good reason to do so, tbh.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Commander J on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Adziu wrote:

Having to pay? Ok no thanks, I'm-a withdrawing!

The fact that £2 doesn't buy you lunch at expo is more a reason to NOT enter than a good reason to do so, tbh.

This.
Commander J

Postby wildfireskunk on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm

So for the sake of a couple of hundred quids worth of prizes, you're not willing to enter becuase there's a fee of £2?
wildfireskunk

Postby Xanjos on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:32 pm

Role call you say? Well I'm entering with 2 friends of mine and a friend of a friend. Is that ok? Also slightly noobish question but can you clarify the details of the prizes please (are they for the 360 since some people aren't fortunate enough to get one or are they something else)? I'm ever so slightly confused :?
Last edited by Xanjos on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanjos

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:32 pm

That's the way I'm seeing it too
I'd much rather pay £2 enter and have a good time and get the chance to win a some gear than not play at all

edit:
I agree with Xanjos what platform are they for?
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Commander J on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Most likely they will be for the 360 as the PS3 copy is just recently out and the majority of people who attend an expo will own a 360 rather than a PS3
Commander J

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:39 pm

also the PS3 is more expensive so I guess that they will be 360 made, but it's always good to get clarification
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby wildfireskunk on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:14 pm

Yup, they are for the Xbox360 version since far more people are going to have that one than the PS3 version (since it's only been out a matter of weeks at the moment).
wildfireskunk

Postby Adziu on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:49 pm

wildfireskunk wrote:So for the sake of a couple of hundred quids worth of prizes, you're not willing to enter becuase there's a fee of £2?

You make it sound as though they're guaranteed, which of course they are not. Lottery tickets offer prizes of millions, but you wouldn't question someone's decision not to buy those.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:54 pm

hmmm I havent done the lottery in two years thinking about it....

In any case, £2 isn't a lot to me...

If a bassist and drummer come a long who want to play but dont want to pay I might consider paying for them... I mean it's only £4 out of pocket at the end of the day :S
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby wildfireskunk on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Adziu wrote:
wildfireskunk wrote:So for the sake of a couple of hundred quids worth of prizes, you're not willing to enter becuase there's a fee of £2?

You make it sound as though they're guaranteed, which of course they are not. Lottery tickets offer prizes of millions, but you wouldn't question someone's decision not to buy those.

That's because the difference is all you do with the lottery is sit and watch TV to see if your numbers are pulled. Here you're taking part in a rather more fun rock band tournament with friends for a prize which you have slightly better than a 1 in several million chance of winning.

I'm sure that if you were ever to spend several hundred pounds of your own money buying prizes for a tournament at an event like this you might not see a problem with charging a small fee like that to try and make a little bit of the money back?

But at the end of the day, if you don't want to enter just don't enter. I'm not going to make people.
wildfireskunk

Postby Arkayen on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:58 pm

El capitano wrote:
Arkayen wrote:How about making this more female friendly hun? And clashing again with the bloody masquerade takes a lot of people out of it ¬¬

Female friendly..Hate to sound rude..But what are you on about?

Masako - Same here D= I can expert drum most of those songs fairly well, but lack friends who can play anything above easy >_>; And none of them will sing.

If you don't want to sound rude, don't be. The original list did not consider the female vocal range well. Yes some gals can sing some of them but the fact all the set list were male singers, a few tracks with female singers evens things up. It was a valid point. As a person trained vocally, I know most girls would struggle singing the original ones. I never meant we can pwn on guitar or drums as we can play equally but singing a whole different ball game.

Thanks you WFS for the changes as it will give anyone singing an equal opportunity to belt out at the top of their voice.
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

He said he didn't mean to sound to rude, he was only asking a question :S

Do you know how much of the downloadable content is available for song choosing or is it sticking to the original setlists? (I believe someone pointed out not everyone is fortunate enough to have DLC)

Oh also
What are the rules on difficulty changing?
Yay/Nay?
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby wildfireskunk on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:35 pm

I'll point you to the first post where it explains both of those in detail!

There's a hell of a lot of DLC to pick from in the second round, and you can go on whatever difficulty you feel like. Expert will obviously net more points though.
wildfireskunk

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:19 pm

it states about band controller changing but not difficulty just that the higher difficulty you play.

I'm asking say if when it comes to the final rounds and the 3 songs are chosen
is it possible for say the singer to sing one on expert then change to hard for the next one.

Sorry if it is on the first page and I didn't pick up on it fully.
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby wildfireskunk on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:26 am

Ah, I've not explained that as clearly as I could have, my bad!

Yeah, you can change your difficulty between songs, worry not!
wildfireskunk

PreviousNext

Return to GAMES VILLAGE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008