Injuries this weekend?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Injuries this weekend?

Postby fia_x on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:10 pm

No proper injuries, but I never wear shoes at expo, just prance about in my tights/socks xD
EVERY expo though, my legs are always aching from the amount of constant activity and movement. But my BP like's to act up. It get's too low when I'm on my feet too long, so a whole weekend isn't safe. But nothing proper.

Well, as stated before, having my feet squished because of big shoes ): *headdesk*
fia_x

Postby Neko-Chan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 pm

i walked into 4 doors a lamp post and tripped on 3 flights of stairs. lol that count? and only one of them was due to someone else pushing into me. and it wasnt someone from expo >.<

however i do now have a cold thats developed over the week making me tired and grouchy. and i have a toe thats really sore and infected because someone stood on it a frgment of nail dug in and after that anyone else who stood on it (it got stood on about 8 times over the weekend) just made it worse. and it didnt help i had 3inch heals on the entire weekend!
Neko-Chan

Postby Tsuru on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:30 pm

Over the course of both days I utterly destroyed my feet and most of my bones, I couldn't walk for about 3 days after I got home.

Having dyspraxia and hypermobility among things didn't help.
Tsuru

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Am I the only one that wasn't at all injured at the expo, then? That's excluding a lot of aches due to the amount of stuff I was carrying around with me all day.
Toadsanime

Postby adamoluna on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:53 am

Toadsanime wrote:Am I the only one that wasn't at all injured at the expo, then? That's excluding a lot of aches due to the amount of stuff I was carrying around with me all day.

well, there's only 28 replies to this thread out of how many thousand people who attended the expo during the weekend? So I'm guessing you're not the only one ;)
adamoluna

Postby Toadsanime on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 pm

adamoluna wrote:
Toadsanime wrote:Am I the only one that wasn't at all injured at the expo, then? That's excluding a lot of aches due to the amount of stuff I was carrying around with me all day.

well, there's only 28 replies to this thread out of how many thousand people who attended the expo during the weekend? So I'm guessing you're not the only one ;)

I'm obviously not the only one, no, but 27/28 people that obtained some form of injury at the expo is pretty poor, isn't it?
Toadsanime

Postby adamoluna on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:46 pm

*shrug* I guess people don't post here if they've got nothing to contribute with. :mrgreen:

It's not surprising that quite a few people get a few scratches here and there during the expo though, the way most of us behave XD It's also a rather crowded area with lots of exited youngsters on pocky.
adamoluna

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:20 pm

adamoluna wrote:*shrug* I guess people don't post here if they've got nothing to contribute with. :mrgreen:

Good point.
Anyway, most people that I know of whom attended the expo came back without any injuries, including myself. The expo is generally safe, I wasn't intentionally suggesting otherwise.
Toadsanime

Postby Trialia on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:53 am

adamoluna wrote:It's not surprising that quite a few people get a few scratches here and there during the expo though, the way most of us behave XD It's also a rather crowded area with lots of exited youngsters on pocky.

..."A few scratches"? Two fully dislocated joints don't count as "a few scratches", seriously. I don't get hurt at any of the other cons I go to, but every single time I have attended Expo I have wound up being injured in *some* way. I'm sick of it.

Tsuru wrote:Having dyspraxia and hypermobility among things didn't help.

I hear that one. I have hypermobility-type Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (normally tends to subluxations rather than full dislocation, unlike this weekend!), fibromyalgia and bipolar disorder with OCD and mild Asperger's. Cons are not easy for me.
Trialia

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008