Dance Mats

Discuss DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) & PARAPARA here

Dance Mats

Postby Odd-One-Out on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Anyone who has a PS2 and loves DDR is bound to have a dance mat or are looking for one. Post your reccomendations here!

I do not like the idea of owning a plastic dance mat so I'm going to bid on a Logic3 metal dance mat but I don't know how good or responsive it is. Hopefully if I win and receive it, I will like it enough not to burn it with a flametorch while screaming, "THIS MAT IS RUBBISH!!!" and share my opinions on it.

Odd-One-Out

Re: Dance Mats

Postby Rufus Kun on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:15 pm

please do. the metal one's have always intrigued me.
Rufus Kun

Postby Snap on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:27 am

The logic 3s are rubbish, they break down very quickly in a lot of cases (mine in particular).

Next time I get a metal pad, it will be one of these: http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmbsgxg365.html
Snap

Postby Emjin on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:50 pm

I have one, looks more like this.. Cost me about £130, I've always hated the normal ones cause they squish up and I end up falling over. Only thing is the lead I got kinda fell apart n now its a pain to work, I got it shipped from Norway or something so no idea where to get a new one. If you're gunna use it alot, then it's definatly worth it ^-^
Emjin

Postby Urotsukidoji on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 pm

Ok im looking to get a couple of dancemats since my plastic ones have been used a bit too much, looking to get them for the PC so if anyone knows of where to get some let me know please :)
Urotsukidoji

Postby Urotsukidoji on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 pm

nvm 2 metal ones comming next week :D
Urotsukidoji

Postby Odd-One-Out on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Nice, which one are they?
Odd-One-Out

Postby Urotsukidoji on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Futuremax one :)
Urotsukidoji

Postby Floof on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:33 pm

People people, please post your reviews on the metal mats! They look glorious but im wondering if its worth my money/room space.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Saiyan Rump x2 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:51 pm

my lil sis has the hard plastic ones from argos which did cost 50 quid a while back. they are quite gd but im guessing the metal ones are better?
Saiyan Rump x2

Postby Urotsukidoji on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:04 am

The Futuremax one that i have is very solid and gets used around 2/3 hours a day from people in my family. Still in working order and responsive as i thought there may be slight lag but this wasnt the problem currently connected to a oldish pc. Bad thing was i had to put in the room down stairs as it doesnt sound too healthy on wood flooring :P
Urotsukidoji

Postby Hiccup on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:11 pm

I had a metal one once, and it was brilliant, until my ex decided to stomp on it with huge heavy boots on and broke it ¬_¬; I've never really enjoyed playing on the plastic ones, I find they move about far too much and I slip over all the time. Much more fun to play on the actual arcade games!
http://www.sarah-bates.co.uk - drawing advice and other assorted waffle..
Hiccup

Postby Adziu on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:11 pm

I learned on one of the crappier plastic ones. Still, it means that now I never use the bar, which some people seem to find more impressive than it really is on faster songs.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Odd-One-Out on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Tom is correct. Plastic dance mats, if you can do well on them, means you can unleash x1000 powah on the real thing.
Odd-One-Out

Postby Floof on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Kewl, i got a plastic one just the other day. So i'll be breaking her in.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby wildfireskunk on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Mymybox are pretty goddamn unreliable and I'd not suggest buying with them. The particular mat that was linked above (Blueshark 3") isn't going to be restocked as far as I'm aware, which sucks as the mats themselves were amazing.

I'm looking for a good one myself, but I've not heard of anything anywhere near the quality of the Bluesharks :( Cobalt Flux mats are good, but they don't have the bar (and are tough to get ahold of).
wildfireskunk

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:13 pm

If I had enough money and space, I'd buy a metal dance mat, too. Prefarably for the PC, though, so that I can use it on StepMania.
Toadsanime

Postby LemGemapple on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:55 pm

I am so after a dance mat, i always wanna get better at DDR. But it is so hard, in where i live too even get a chance to get one. I mean we would be lucky enough, to get one at the bootsale near mine. But i mean, it would more likely not work properly or something like that.

I would love to get my hands on a metal one, i know a few people who have them, for step mania and they say their really awesome. But i just need to get my hands, on a cheap one which is in really good nick! :|
Yojimbo - Final Fantasy X
LemGemapple

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:00 pm

LemGemapple wrote:I am so after a dance mat, i always wanna get better at DDR. But it is so hard, in where i live too even get a chance to get one. I mean we would be lucky enough, to get one at the bootsale near mine. But i mean, it would more likely not work properly or something like that.

I would love to get my hands on a metal one, i know a few people who have them, for step mania and they say their really awesome. But i just need to get my hands, on a cheap one which is in really good nick! :|

Unless it's a rubbish roll-up one, I'd have nowhere to put a dance mat anyway. I'd need mine to have a USB cable, too. :?
Toadsanime

Postby LemGemapple on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah same and i mean, the computer i use down stairs and i am sure my mum won't mind me using it. It is either that, or i wait until i have a bigger room or something like that. But i would still love to have a metal mat, because it would be just there if you know what i mean. But i just want some kind of awesome mat, which can be used and won't break...
LemGemapple

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:02 pm

LemGemapple wrote:Yeah same and i mean, the computer i use down stairs and i am sure my mum won't mind me using it. It is either that, or i wait until i have a bigger room or something like that. But i would still love to have a metal mat, because it would be just there if you know what i mean. But i just want some kind of awesome mat, which can be used and won't break...

The flimsy roll-up ones are really rubbish though. The panels hardly work and it causes you to slip, so I can't really recommend them.
Toadsanime

Postby LemGemapple on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah, but you gotta guess that it is somewhere to start? Until one can get a proper metal one, which do cost quite abit...
LemGemapple

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:12 pm

LemGemapple wrote:Yeah, but you gotta guess that it is somewhere to start? Until one can get a proper metal one, which do cost quite abit...

Yah, I suppose that's a good point actually. A flimsy dance mat is better than none at all! If either of us get one, we can practice at DDR on StepMania at mine on weekends. :D
Toadsanime

Postby Adziu on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:45 pm

folding mats are definitely a good place to start. Did me no harm.

Youtube is also full of people doing extremely hard songs on them.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby LemGemapple on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Adziu wrote:folding mats are definitely a good place to start. Did me no harm.

Youtube is also full of people doing extremely hard songs on them.

That be exactly what i mean, but i think for someone who is used too holding the bar at the back i think that is where it is hard for some people.
LemGemapple

Next

Return to DDR & PARAPARA