when is this party?

This is the place to discuss the London MCM Expo Saturday night for Party May 2009

when is this party?

Postby Sasuko on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:53 pm

O_o sorry, either it's me not reading it through properly, but I dunno when this party is or what time it is Dx

if someone can tell me more about it, then I'd be very happy

kthxbai! =D
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Re: when is this party?

Postby Reser on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 pm

The same time as the last party i would assume, Saturday night, after 8pm sometime not sure of exact time. However unless you are 18 before the next Expo then you will not be allowed to go. Nothing is concrete untill an announcement though.
Reser

Postby Sasuko on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:16 pm

Reser wrote:The same time as the last party i would assume, Saturday night, after 8pm sometime not sure of exact time. However unless you are 18 before the next Expo then you will not be allowed to go. Nothing is concrete untill an announcement though.

Dx aww maaan...I'm 17 darn nabbit... Dx aw well, thanks anywho
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby sjbonnar on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:23 pm

Reser wrote:The same time as the last party i would assume, Saturday night, after 8pm sometime not sure of exact time. However unless you are 18 before the next Expo then you will not be allowed to go. Nothing is concrete untill an announcement though.

Where did you get this idea from? From what I can see, it's been suggested as being 16 and upwards...
sjbonnar

Postby Reser on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:31 pm

sjbonnar wrote:

Where did you get this idea from? From what I can see, it's been suggested as being 16 and upwards...

Hmm , i don't know, i must have just assumed, with all the arguing of whether under 18's should be allowed to go I assumed they currently were not allowed.
Reser

Postby ShadowxSong on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Reser wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:

Hmm , i don't know, i must have just assumed, with all the arguing of whether under 18's should be allowed to go I assumed they currently were not allowed.

Well last time it was 16+ I'd say they'd be stupid to not let under 18s go especially as the other balls won't let under 16s in and they're alienating younger cosplayers. I think the problem is with people under 16 wanting to go, and that the Expo people can't have a bar in certain places (e.g. Excel) without people being over 18.
ShadowxSong

Postby Hamano on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Oh gosh, I'd hate it if it were 18+ only. I couldn't go to the Ball because I'm not yet 16 but will be by next Expo - myself and my entourage want to check out this party! We've already missed out on two Balls because of age, and I'm sure none of the other slightly younger cosplayers would want to miss out on any more, either.
Hamano

Postby braceyfaceanimegurl on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:46 pm

I think it wouldn't be fair to have under 18s not going I mean I could still go cos I'm 18 myself so I'm not saying this cos I'm whining about not being able to go. I'm just gna want to have fun with my friends and if my friends can't go cos they'll be under 18 its gonna suck. If there is a bar they could just not have it open. I wouldnt mind if I couldn't drink.
Saturday: Lenne FFX-2
Sunday: Sailor Mars
braceyfaceanimegurl

Postby Raymatt Havoc on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:38 am

Its after tomorrow =]
O o
Raymatt Havoc

Postby Lord Zero on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm

That's soooo cool!
Although over 18 would be a bit much... x3
When will there be tickets available ?
O__O
Lord Zero

Postby DarkNyte on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:12 am

Lord Zero wrote:That's soooo cool!
Although over 18 would be a bit much... x3
When will there be tickets available ?

that is a good point how do we know when tickets are avalible ts like the masquerade limited places but i still dont know when i can register. i guess that they will announce a date later on.
DarkNyte

Postby Lord Zero on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:13 pm

DarkNyte wrote:
Lord Zero wrote:When will there be tickets available ?

i guess that they will announce a date later on.

I sure hope so >_< Cause I would like to order as soon as possible
O__O
Lord Zero

Postby VulcanDarkSora on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:31 pm

I dont get it, All ages should go but we can always be asked for ID if we are over 18+. i am 19 so i have nothing to worry about bt then it allows U18 to join in.
Then again, i would definately go but am still waiting for the tickets and i havent got them yet and i bought them a month ago. :(
VulcanDarkSora

Postby Fullmetal_Dani on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:55 am

VulcanDarkSora wrote:I dont get it, All ages should go but we can always be asked for ID if we are over 18+. i am 19 so i have nothing to worry about bt then it allows U18 to join in.
Then again, i would definately go but am still waiting for the tickets and i havent got them yet and i bought them a month ago. :(

Your expo tickets arent for the party, party will be a seperate thing.

And the tickets will take a while to arrive, there are still 4 months to the event, with 2 events happening in between!
Fullmetal_Dani
Board Moderator

Postby Wintrale on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:50 am

Well, to be fair, who would want to drink at a Convention, anyway? I'm not fussed, because I'm 20 and I don't drink anyway, but I'd think not many would actually WANT to get drunk or anything while they're at a Convention, y'know? I guess some people would like a drink or two, though, eh? Bah... Either way, I reckon making 18+ only is a little silly when at least 60% of the cosplayers at the Convention will be younger than that.
Wintrale

Postby Fullmetal_Dani on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Wintrale wrote:Well, to be fair, who would want to drink at a Convention, anyway? I'm not fussed, because I'm 20 and I don't drink anyway, but I'd think not many would actually WANT to get drunk or anything while they're at a Convention, y'know? I guess some people would like a drink or two, though, eh? Bah... Either way, I reckon making 18+ only is a little silly when at least 60% of the cosplayers at the Convention will be younger than that.

You obv havent been to the REAL UK conventions xD The bar is an essential part :p

I also dont drink so dont see the need for alcohol, BUT as it has been said MANY times now, the 16+ is mainly due to Health and Safety, laws and licenses! Its hard work arranging an event for minors nowadays!

Its a hassle the organisers may not want to take on!
Fullmetal_Dani
Board Moderator

Postby neko_riddles on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Let all join, then id those who wanna a drink. Beer is must for party in my book :P

And tickets do take forever, i only got mine a week before october, and i ordered them a month before that!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neko_riddles

Postby VulcanDarkSora on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Hamano, u cosplaying Sora on Sunday!? Me too!!! We should get our pictures taken together in our costumes lmao Rymatt Havoc thats a funny avatar!!!
VulcanDarkSora

Postby Darc on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:38 am

They are supposed to be putting up info on the cosball this friday apparently.
Darc

Return to MCM EXPO SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY MAY 2009