Naruto

Chat about everything Manga related here

Naruto

Postby PainSSBB on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:17 am

Does no one else think Naruto's dragging? I mean, it's all well and good splitting up the party and everything, but it does pose the question of how's it all going to piece back together? I admit there's some awesome character development in the story but the sheer amount of characters is ridiculous if they expect to keep a strong story.
What's gonna happen with Pain, and the mystery surrounding his power? and Kisame's and Suigetsu swordsmen fight, and Zatsu's inability to fight yet, and Madara's secrets, and Juugo, Suigestsu, Karin's individual fights, and Konan's fights, not to mention Naruto's training, Naruto's fights, Sasuke's complete lack of knowlege for his own power, Sasuke's actualy fights Sakura's... probably crying, Kakashi's source of Mangekyu and every other team member they've developed a certain mini-role too. And there has to be more of a twist to come to Sai to keep up with this sub story addiction they have going on, and something to please all the Gaara fangirls with him holding a tailed beast anyway, and has everyone forgotten about Kabuto's role?
It's all well and good creating so any people but when it all comes down to it, when we do finish you've got to wrap up most, if not all of the characters sub stories to finalise it all.
I just think Naruto's turned into one of the most long winded Manga's I've ever read. What happened to the Zabuza story line, where even the filler-packed anime managed to fit that in AS WELL as the entire character introductions into a mere 20 episodes?
I've never EVER found myself EVER ranting Naruto, what I feel is the best Manga and Anime series (bar filler) to date. I honestly just don't think that even IF it does somehow manage to end, it'll end poorly or rushed or just plain boring. For the 'optimists' out there who want me to have faith, just look at the 8-tails fight. Such a huge build-up and so many near-deaths, only to end with a guy blinking. I wasn't happy.
Man I hope they know what they're doing.
Smash Bros Brawl (2191-9140-9027) - PM me
PainSSBB

Re: Naruto

Postby sunny1r on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:05 pm

I know what your getting at, Zabuza died about 350 mangas ago or something,yet his sword is back to Suigetsu who wants to get all the seven swords, while also helping sasuke who is now helping madara despite that he killed half his clan.

Itachi's ending was great to be honest and i think we're gonna have more long endings like that before the manga comes to an end. But there are so many mini stories and enemies that were defeated but are still alive. When Orochimaru fianlly dies i'll never know, he just keeps regenerating like some persistence *insert swear word here*

As for the SuigetsuXKisame fight they always skip short fights that no-one cares about in the manga and they always include them in the anime. For example the Kankuro Sasori fight was put into the anime eventhough it only got a few scenes in the manga.

I shall be optimistic and hope that Kishimoto ends the mangain the same way as Jk Rowling did with Harry Potter, where she ended all the plots and subplots quite nicely.
sunny1r

Postby sunny1r on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Happy Anniversary it's been 9 years of Naruto since its first manga release!And the latest one is gob-smackingly EPIC!
sunny1r

Postby alucard21 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:41 pm

holy **** 9 years?
really been that long? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
and heres me only been reading and watching it for about 2-3years
Mind you im kinda glad i did it that way, means i got to read/watch most of it in a oner instead of waiting week to week right from the start.
really frustrating now though, im all caught up and have to wait for the next episode every week..... the cliffhanger endings sometimes don't help either lol
10chars???
alucard21

Postby sunny1r on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:10 pm

I know what you mean it gets frustrating to read and wait another week, but it keeps me going when i have nothing to look forward to during a weekend.
sunny1r

Postby KageKimasu on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Here's my opinion

I really like Naruto but its been going on for a while I no longer know where its going. I think its a little unorganized a lot of stuff been happening but they all seem to be unrelated. Like When the spot light is on Naruto it goes to Sasuke at random points, and it drifts off like Lee vs Neji, Hinata, her clan and relation with Naruto, rivalry between Neji and Sasuke, Gaara's story and Orichimaru's, Sasuke vs Itachi, Akasuki. A lot of stuff seems to be happening at the same time but none of them are related with each other. I think at the time being in Shippuden everything coming together. (strange it seems like 200 episodes it then starts the plot). I think its a little slow paced but with the Akasuki attacks the plot is building up to something big that can involve all this. Like in Shippuden Naruto's character seemed really uninteresting his character didn't develop much but this idea of the destiny child could unravel into something.

So I think that the plot is building up into something big, before it seemed really unorganized with all this detail that doesn't mean anything to the plot and doesn't develop so I was loosing interest and getting a little disappointed. But I think its preparing us for a big battle its giving all this detail about the Naruto character and other plots so they can join in the action. Like when Pein or Orochimaru attacked the village it shows all the characters defending it. Making sure they aren't strangers so when Sasuke ran away the other characters joined in and it turned into a pretty cool fight. (Another example is Tobi and Madura after they said Tobi is Madura that was pretty cool but how does that have to do with anything. But he's getting involved he has his own plot.)
KageKimasu

Postby sunny1r on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 pm

It is a messed up plot line but seeing how everything links is something that although will be very complicated something i would love to see. The plot line here isn't fixed if you wnated a main plotline then it would be 'Naruto trying to become Hokage' not:

'Does Hinata like Naruto?'
'What did orochimaru do in Akatsuki'
'What is Orochimaru/pein's goal?'
'Is naruto the chosen one?'
'What is Rinnegan?'
'will naruto save Sasuke?'

so many mini-plots is what keeps the show interesting, i remember in the first series it was mainly about becoming Hokage, but the show developed to be more intricate and a more open universe. We have Coup d'etat's, Akatsuki, the Seven legendary blades, Frog Sages, country wars, demons, sharingan all sorts of things going on and this will all end someway or another even if it looks like evrything is set to be one big mess the outcome will be amazing to see.

One thing about Naruto that no-one knew was whether or not his dad was the fourth hokage and i loved thinking of different explanantions (anyone remember thinking Pein might be his father?) its all part of the great and brilliant universe of NARUTO.
sunny1r

Postby sunny1r on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:12 pm

SPOILERS

Ok I can't be the only one thinking this, how the **** did Konohamaru learn a Rasengan (albeit a small one). Is the fourth Hokages technique that easy to learn, i mean seriously he's turning into a mini naruto, cant he be original?
sunny1r

Postby alicedragon on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:45 am

sunny1r wrote:SPOILERS

Ok I can't be the only one thinking this, how the **** did Konohamaru learn a Rasengan (albeit a small one). Is the fourth Hokages technique that easy to learn, i mean seriously he's turning into a mini naruto, cant he be original?

I know! I mean jesus.
I hate the way Kishimoto has left us with seeing Sakumo's face, then left it to see a fight between Pein and Konohamaru!
I think Naruto fans would much rather see more of Kakashi's backstory then a little ripoff of Naruto fighting the god of ninjutsu.

Rant over.
alicedragon

Postby Toadsanime on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:12 pm

I haven't even started reading the Naruto manga at all yet. :lol:
Toadsanime

Postby Adziu on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Eh, it's worth reading up to about the first time all three sannin come together.

The recent chapters could've been so exciting, but they've all fallen flat.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sunny1r on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:00 pm

If your gonna read up till the current mangas then i guess the sooner you start the better as it's still not over although judging from the latest manga it all sets up to an ending atleast for this series anyway, whether kishimoto will carry on after Shippuuden is a mystery.

on the new manga OMG it is awesome the fight we've been waiting for is now here :D
sunny1r

Postby sjbonnar on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 pm

sunny1r wrote:If your gonna read up till the current mangas then i guess the sooner you start the better as it's still not over although judging from the latest manga it all sets up to an ending atleast for this series anyway, whether kishimoto will carry on after Shippuuden is a mystery.

on the new manga OMG it is awesome the fight we've been waiting for is now here :D

It's about damn time! And the race begins to see who in the world will be the first person with Naruto's Sage Mode outfit...LOL
sjbonnar

Postby Ottervinn on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:25 pm

I've just read up to the Killer Bee rapper guy. XDDD He's awesome!!
London - Francis Bonnefoy - France (Hetalia)
Other cons - Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
Ottervinn

Postby sunny1r on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:39 pm

sjbonnar wrote:
sunny1r wrote:If your gonna read up till the current mangas then i guess the sooner you start the better as it's still not over although judging from the latest manga it all sets up to an ending atleast for this series anyway, whether kishimoto will carry on after Shippuuden is a mystery.

It's about damn time! And the race begins to see who in the world will be the first person with Naruto's Sage Mode outfit...LOL

lol shame for those who haven't read up to date , they shall have spoilers through cosplay :lol:

:evil: it really makes me mad that at the most epic fight there's no manga this week or the week after the next.
sunny1r

Postby aj.aled on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 am

I can't believe it.

I'd originally just read the released ones, and bought them from Amazon, so was only really up to issue 34 or something silly like that - but I found a site to read the rest of it, and I just finished it last night - well, up to the point where I need an update..

Never thought I'd get there D: oohhhhh my sorrows ='(
aj.aled

Postby sunny1r on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:24 am

All NaruHina fans now know the true meaning of pain...

Naruto's gonna wipe out pain next manga though
sunny1r

Postby Fungashi on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Has anyone everthought Naruto is going to end in November-ish? becuase that will be 10 years if that kishi seems to be running behind.

P.s.

New chapter SUCKED!! although almost good for backstory
Fungashi

Postby sunny1r on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Kishimoto said in a interview "I know i say this every year but this will definetly be my last year" so november-ish sounds about right for the end.
sunny1r

Postby Fungashi on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Although I think he's got a lot to wrap up despite that, I hope he does some cramming XD
Fungashi

Return to MANGA