Anyone into Johnnys? =3

Discuss JPOP & JROCK here

Anyone into Johnnys? =3

Postby sagasimon on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Just wondering if anyone here generally listen to JE? Or any band from JE?

I'm a big fan of KAT-TUN <3 and I totally love other JE bands (Kj8, Arashi, TxT, Tokio, NewS etc...)

Basically looking for ppl who are more or less into the same music =3

I don't wanna cry alone... xDDDD
You want to be my Horcrux?
sagasimon

Re: Anyone into Johnnys? =3

Postby thecomedian on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:22 pm

*puts hand up* me me me!!!

I love Kanjani8 and KAT-TUN and NEWS and Arashi and WaT and all such loveliness. XD

And the new KAT-TUN single? I have lots of love for it. Especially the video. And Koki. And Maru. Eee!!!
thecomedian

Postby sagasimon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm

thecomedian wrote:*puts hand up* me me me!!!

I love Kanjani8 and KAT-TUN and NEWS and Arashi and WaT and all such loveliness. XD

And the new KAT-TUN single? I have lots of love for it. Especially the video. And Koki. And Maru. Eee!!!

weee~~ finally I found someone here who appreciate them =3 sukiyanen~~! =3

OMG! Yesssss~~ Rescue is luv *o* I dont wanna cry aloooooooneeeeee~~ *dances happily* I cant wait till the album *^^*
And FINALLY Ueda's going to play in a dorama =3 (yeah, I'm a hopeless Ueda fangirl xD)
sagasimon

Postby thecomedian on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:12 pm

sagasimon wrote:
thecomedian wrote:*puts hand up* me me me!!!

weee~~ finally I found someone here who appreciate them =3 sukiyanen~~! =3

OMG! Yesssss~~ Rescue is luv *o* I dont wanna cry aloooooooneeeeee~~ *dances happily* I cant wait till the album *^^*
And FINALLY Ueda's going to play in a dorama =3 (yeah, I'm a hopeless Ueda fangirl xD)
Ueda.... in a DRAMA??? *fangirls out* I'm more of a Maru fan, which is probably why I love Rescue so much because he sings quite a lot in it (and I love his new shorter hair), but still. I thought he wanted to do the songwriting? Maybe he's decided to branch out. I can't wait to see him act! What's he going to be in?
thecomedian

Postby Adziu on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:51 pm

I can't listen to any Johnny's bands without all the sex scandals about Johnny Kitagawa forcing the pretty boys to do unpleasant things to him coming to mind and spoiling everything.

Edit: got his name wrong
Last edited by Adziu on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby thecomedian on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm

The new Kanjani8 album.

Oh my god. It's so good.

I got the special edition version and it comes with a 20 piece jigsaw and a dvd with some PVs of split songs they've done. My favourite is the Maru/Hina one, although Kicyu (the Yoko/Yasu one) is growing on me, despite the freaky video....

They're my favourite Johnny's group ever, so geeky, so cute! XD

Now just to wait for the new KAT-TUN album at the end of the month!

happyhappyhappy :D
thecomedian

Postby Floof on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:09 am

Adziu wrote:I can't listen to any Johnny's bands without all the sex scandals about Johnny Kitamura forcing the pretty boys to do unpleasant things to him coming to mind and spoiling everything.

Appeal +1

I like Arashi. But that may have something to do with my love for Jun. :wink:
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby sagasimon on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:24 am

thecomedian: yeah! Maru/Hina song is the best *o* and Kicyu still freaks me out xDDDD Yoko is LOL xDDD and Ryo <3 omg! so smexy in the vid *drools*

kj8 always can keep the smile on your face =3 shame that Uchi is not there anymore ;__;

ah! yes! I cant wait till the new kt album <33333333 but Jin! he has changed so much! where are the famous hip-thrusts!! xDDD

I still need to finish Rescue... damn my job >_> I don't have time for my doramas now ;__;

Floof: who hasn't a thing for Jun xDDD and I wanna Yatterman with Sho already *o*

Adziu: scandals are just scandals... I love their music and the fact that they're also hot as hell doesn't bother me at all xDDDD although I must say that it ticks me off me a bit - how JE works and all... but it's not like I can help it >_> at least I get to enjoy the music =3
sagasimon

Postby Adziu on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:02 am

sagasimon wrote:scandals are just scandals...

Institutionalised rape is just...no wait, no.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sagasimon on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:33 am

Adziu wrote:
sagasimon wrote:scandals are just scandals...

Institutionalised rape is just...no wait, no.

what I meant is that it's probably just gossips... even japs are not as sick as to let someone like that roam free... right? O_o
sagasimon

Postby Adziu on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:44 am

Hmmm, well I don't want to drag this thread into unpleasant places and have already gone too far that way, but...well, yes. It's sort of a dirty secret that's acknowledged but avoided because Kitagawa has such political clout. Much like the recent scandal where a Korean idol killed herself and revealed how the Korean entertainment industry is more or less rife with rape and sexual abuse, it takes a big event before a country is forced to actually deal with this sort of thing.

it's not just gossip, though. There have been lots of first-hand cases and lawsuits involved. The ultimate court decision was that stories of sexual abuse were true enough to be published. Just read Kitagawa's Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Kitagawa or this Guardian article, which sorta gets me upset. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/fe ... sic-moguls

Much as we might like elements of Japanese culture, though, we must also remember that these are the people at an official politcal level deny the Rape of Nanking and try to make their role in WWII out to be that of victims.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby melliechan on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:31 pm

I didn't know there was a Johnny's thread on here! =)

<3 NEWS, Arashi and KAT-TUN. ^^

I tend to stay away from the topic you're talking about that involves that kind of thing but I can understand that there is a point where it can't be ignored.

Is it something to be ignored, from a fan's perspective where it kind of 'taints' my image? =P
melliechan

Postby thecomedian on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 pm

For the most part, I try to ignore the scandal, but it's nice occasionally to see that they are just human from time to time (like Kusanagi's arrest last week). But yeah, it does taint my image of them. Now I can't watch an Arashi PV or DVD without thinking about all the scandals they've been involved in. They're still brilliant though!
thecomedian

Postby sagasimon on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 pm

for me the only person that is tainted is Johnny himself, beside we cant really tell if its still happening or not... it happened long ago, maybe it was hushed but hopefully dealt with ^^ its not like each of the boys goes through that O_o I wont believe that they would actually allow such behavior after that scandals >_<

I just got my KAT-TUN album *o* omg~~ Sadistic Love & Moon are LOVE!! and Jin finally recorded Care <3 it was annoying to listen with all the squeals in the background xDDD

btw - anyone wants to go to Stockholm for TEGOMASS performance on 29-30th of May? =3
sagasimon

Postby kuroitsubasa on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 am

OMG! Johnny's fans! I has found you!!! Mwahahahhahaha~

Okay, so I pretty much like everyone (NEWS and Arashi are my favs (which includes TegoMass), Hey! Say! JUMP, Kanjanji8 and KAT-TUN come next). I do listen to the occasional Tackey & Tsubasa, TOKIO, V6 & SMAP though. :)

Erm, so yeah, I'm one of those fans that goes to karaoke to sing their songs and fangirls watching their concerts because it'd be too cool to be there and watches all the dramas because I have no life. No really, I do, but it relaxes me to watch Jdrama all the time. 8D

Is anyone on LJ? O_o I just posted there that I want to do this JE meet up soon! Would anyone be interested in joining? It's a good excuse that NEWS are doing the 24Hr Television charity thing at the end of the month. :D

Also: that article about Johnny is scary, but I think that most articles about Johnny are exaggerated and negative. He still manages to produce groups that make great music. I'm fine with that. JE music makes me happy. Drama in the fandom cannot be avoided, sadly.
Sat:Tezuka Kunimitsu (Prince of Tennis)
Sun:Yuki Sohma (Furuba)
kuroitsubasa

Postby milkmilk11 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:13 pm

I love Aiba from Arashi!!!!
And I saw Ueda this Febuary at trafalgar square in London.
milkmilk11

Postby animegirlxxx123999 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:13 pm

we should meet up in london expo

now that would be awesome !

i love arashi :3
animegirlxxx123999

Postby Hiname on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:30 pm

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally love KAT-TUN and NEWS ^_^ It was KAT-TUN's 5th anniversary yesterday ^_^

I did put up 2 video's on my youtube of KAT-TUN dances and Fighting Man of NEWS.

Shame Akanishi has left but the 5 of them will do awesomely!

I'm going to be learning GOING! for the expo. I already know Ultimate Wheels and Change Ur World.

Hope to see you all there ^_^
Hiname

Postby sagasimon on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:10 pm

KAT-TUN without Jin is not the same anymore .______. miss his voice there *sob sob*
sagasimon

Postby pltshp on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am

I used to be massively into Johnny's! I was going to cosplay Ueda at one point, but that idea's faded now I'm afraid. Got into KAT-TUN almost 7 years ago now, which seems mental :I though I've stepped away from the fandom, I still keep up with what's going on. Like Ueda shaving his beautiful hair off! ;_;
May Expo (Sat): Gary Oak
pltshp

Postby sagasimon on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:14 pm

pltshp wrote:I used to be massively into Johnny's! I was going to cosplay Ueda at one point, but that idea's faded now I'm afraid. Got into KAT-TUN almost 7 years ago now, which seems mental :I though I've stepped away from the fandom, I still keep up with what's going on. Like Ueda shaving his beautiful hair off! ;_;

Omg! Ueda was my no 1 ever since i laid my eyes on him in kaizo <3 still kinda is... I did stray from the fandom as well, but just like you keep the track of what's going on ^^ I think he looks kinda cute like that ^^ not even half as good as with his floaty prince mane but still, I kinda like it when I got used to the sight of it xD a bit common but ok xDD music-wise i still prefer their old stuff... they changed so much after debuting T_T
sagasimon

Postby ComicPlay on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:10 am

hey guys. There's this new update in Johnny's.... Weee! I read an article with the headline, "Johnny & Associates reveals plans about a group of 40 members"....

We’ve seen lots of female Japanese idol groups with an incredible member count. Guys, of course, are going gaga over them because of their sweet and innocent image, amplified by the large number of group members.

Now, I’d bet girls would definitely love to see the other side of the coin—a unit with an incredible number of cute and handsome boys. And guess what? It may become a reality in the year 2020!....

read full article at http://sgcafe.com/2013/03/johnny-associ ... 0-members/

what do you think about this? ...music is cool as ever 8)
ComicPlay

Return to JPOP & JROCK