Miles Edgeworth game

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Miles Edgeworth game

Postby Link1991 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:55 pm

I dunno about you guys but I seriously can't wait for the Ace Attorney spin-off where you finally get to play as Edgeworth and be a prosecutor. The whole thing just reeks of awesome! The question is, does anyone know when it's coming out? Cos I haven't a clue.
Link1991

Re: Miles Edgeworth game

Postby Freyarule on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:44 pm

I know it's coming out in May pretty soon, other than that I'm not sure when it's coming out in English.

I can't wait either :D Yay for Edgey-poo and Scruffy Detective!!
Oct13 - Gou-chan/IceClimber/RainCard
Freyarule

Postby Commander J on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Gyakuten Kenji, it's not looking all too great. It's just just Gyakuten Saiban just on a prosecutor outlook on it, and I'm sure you'll be on the road to becoming an attourney.. In all honesty I could care less about this game, I'll get it when it's out in Japan just to see what the gameplay is like but I'm not holding high hopes for this game.
Commander J

Postby Link1991 on Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am

Commander J wrote:Gyakuten Kenji, it's not looking all too great. It's just just Gyakuten Saiban just on a prosecutor outlook on it, and I'm sure you'll be on the road to becoming an attourney.. In all honesty I could care less about this game, I'll get it when it's out in Japan just to see what the gameplay is like but I'm not holding high hopes for this game.

I can't be any worse than Apollo Justice though. In my opinion that was a real let-down for the series. :(
Link1991

Postby Link1991 on Fri May 01, 2009 8:41 am

Freyarule wrote:I know it's coming out in May pretty soon, other than that I'm not sure when it's coming out in English.

I can't wait either :D Yay for Edgey-poo and Scruffy Detective!!

Hell yes! Edgey and Scruffy stole the show in the PW trilogy. Can't wait to see what happens in this one. XD
Link1991

Postby Commander J on Fri May 01, 2009 10:07 pm

Ace Attourney Investigation: Miles Edgeworth as the game is now seemed to be dubbed in English as a new part of the Ace Attourney series as it's lesser known as only because the morons here thought "OMG PHOENIX WRIGHT it's the big writing on da bawks that must be the name of the game..."

I've just played a small section of the Japanese demo so far it's not all that great a few things I need to look into more like piecing together all the evidence and locations to get a better outlook of the situation. It's a good idea but I need to break it down more and also there are no longer and court cases to solve anymore, if you get the ENGLISH title of the games touting the main part of the game in it.

But yeah I'll get more into it when I can be bothered to replay the demo in more depth.

Also it's scheduled for release on the 28th of this month with no English dialogue since the Japanese hate westerners.
Commander J

Postby Commander J on Fri May 01, 2009 10:38 pm

My thoughts:

Commander J

Postby Jaz on Sun May 03, 2009 12:12 am

I love you.
Jaz

Postby Sparrow on Sun May 03, 2009 1:11 pm

O.O

E-eureka?!
.?
Eureka for the fail... ._.

I love the AA series but they really need to put in some new, innovative ideas...
Endure & Survive
Sparrow

Postby pocayo on Fri May 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Stop hating on a game that hasn't been released yet and you have not played. The AA series has been succesful so far and I think we can trust them. This game is about the story line's I always found.
pocayo

Postby Link1991 on Sun May 10, 2009 12:06 pm

pocayo wrote:Stop hating on a game that hasn't been released yet and you have not played. The AA series has been succesful so far and I think we can trust them. This game is about the story line's I always found.

THANK YOU. XD
Link1991

Postby Commander J on Sun May 10, 2009 6:29 pm

pocayo wrote:Stop hating on a game that hasn't been released yet and you have not played. The AA series has been succesful so far and I think we can trust them. This game is about the story line's I always found.

Um I'm sorry CAPCOM have already released a flash demo which is readily available to the masses so I think you should really think before posting your nonsense. Also it's opinion people can have this little fact if you don't like something you voice your opinion.

I have PLAYED a section of the game I dislike what they have done with alot of the game so far so shut up about things you don't know about.
Commander J

Postby pocayo on Mon May 11, 2009 4:49 pm

I think most would agree with me that AA series is about the story so a demo wouldn't work that well; and I my opinion is that people should not complain about an unreleased game. I played the BETA of many games and thought that the game wasn't great but then when it was released fully it was a great game.
pocayo

Postby danyata on Tue May 12, 2009 10:23 pm

I'll be reserving judgement until the game actually comes out :)

For the record, I thought Apollo Justice was the best one, but it was about MAGICIANS and I like magicians :D Guess it takes all sorts!
danyata

Postby Commander J on Wed May 13, 2009 6:36 pm

pocayo wrote:I think most would agree with me that AA series is about the story so a demo wouldn't work that well; and I my opinion is that people should not complain about an unreleased game. I played the BETA of many games and thought that the game wasn't great but then when it was released fully it was a great game.

For text heavy based games like this story is what your needing if story is . your not gonna keep on reading are you, you'll lose interest and never want to see it ever again, that pretty much how these sorta games work too since it's pretty much a visual novel but a little more advanced than your average visual novel at that.

So keep on dreaming that this will be the best thing since sliced bread. I'll be waiting for the day when you all cry about how bad it is and I will be sitting there saying I told you so.
Commander J

Postby danyata on Wed May 13, 2009 8:18 pm

Commander J wrote:For text heavy based games like this story is what your needing if story is . your not gonna keep on reading are you, you'll lose interest and never want to see it ever again

I'm sorry I don't understand this.
danyata

Postby Commander J on Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 pm

danyata wrote:
Commander J wrote:For text heavy based games like this story is what your needing, if story is . your not gonna keep on reading are you, you'll lose interest and never want to see it ever again

I'm sorry I don't understand this.

I'm sorry I forgot to punctuate. Let me rephrase:

You're not going to read a book if it's terrible. You'll put it down and not read it ever again. The same value works for text heavy games like this.
Commander J

Postby danyata on Thu May 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Righto :) Thanks for clearing that up.

Like I said, I'll save my reservations for when the game is released, part of the point of a demo is to get a bit of feedback about what potential buyers like and don't like anyway so perhaps things will be taken into account and a bit of changes made? I think this is what Pocayo was getting at, that the demo is often a bit different to the finished product so we shouldn't judge it on how it will turn out.

I do not have money to throw out on terrible games anyway so I end up playing them first off of a friend :) I'll do the same with the Edgeworth game. For now, I don't really think its very fair to sit and go 'this is going to be awesome' or 'this is going to be awful' because its not out yet.
danyata

Postby pocayo on Sat May 16, 2009 6:37 pm

For anyone else interested in playing a little thing? http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutenkenji/top_special.html that's the demo I found on the site.
pocayo

Postby neko_riddles on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Edgeworth is okay, but i found that the story wasnt the thing that drew me in, its was the twists in the courtroom, pulling it back after i got four penalties, then miraculously winning after being on the edge of failure. The great thing about Ace atourney was you were fighting the world, trying to proove ur guy was innocent. And besides you know ur gonna lose in an edgeworth game, cos phoenix aint never lost a case lol.

So i'll hold from an opinion till an english version is available, japanese text based games aint much fun for me.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neko_riddles

Postby binxiipop on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:38 pm

The game is avaliable now, if you didn't already know. ^______^

I completed it a couple weeks ago, and it's pretty different to the usual Phoenix Wright games. Mainly because you never appear in court, but solve all the mysteries and such outside at crime scenes and things.

The soundtrack is amazing however, and it still makes you really have to think at some points, and the new characters are just as amusing/wacky as we're used too.

Overall, I loved it, but then I always did love Edgey.. :lol:
binxiipop

Postby JunkBoy on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:38 pm

binxiipop wrote:Mainly because you never appear in court, but solve all the mysteries and such outside at crime scenes and things.

"HAY! Know that bit you like with taking all the evidence you found and laying the smackdown on people in the courtroom by exposing their lies as you unravel the story testimony by testimony? Well we thought we'd take all that out and just have Edgeworth shouting "EUREKA" like an overexcited attempt of an Einstein impression."

Yeah...You take away the courtroom and you really take away the best part of the series.
JunkBoy

Postby binxiipop on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:51 pm

JunkBoy wrote:Yeah...You take away the courtroom and you really take away the best part of the series.

The courtroom really was what made the other games so great, but I suppose they don't want Edgeworth to appear as the 'bad guy' by getting people found guilty.

I however think that that would have been so much fun, because Edgeworth is supposed to be this 'perfect' prosecutor, yet Phoenix ALWAYS beat him?
binxiipop

Postby JunkBoy on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:54 pm

binxiipop wrote:
JunkBoy wrote:Yeah...You take away the courtroom and you really take away the best part of the series.

The courtroom really was what made the other games so great, but I suppose they don't want Edgeworth to appear as the 'bad guy' by getting people found guilty.

I however think that that would have been so much fun, because Edgeworth is supposed to be this 'perfect' prosecutor, yet Phoenix ALWAYS beat him?

Surely not EVERYONE who comes into the court room is innocent, right? There's got to be some guilty people with dodgy defence attorneys. A smart, less retarded games director would base it around that.

Big climatic last chapter; an episode where Phoenix is the defence attorney and it's built up heavily that the defendant is innocent despite some obvious guilty signs. Episodes climax; the final decision isn't announced. Who knows who won? It was so down the line it's for the players to decide amongst themselves.

I'll take that paycheck now Capcom.
JunkBoy

Next

Return to GAMING