Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

This is the area where you can discuss the various gaming and computer companies who attend the London MCM Expo and their products

Re: Rock Band/Guitar Hero Competition

Postby whitesquall on Mon May 25, 2009 5:27 pm

hopefully Wildsquall Kodiax will be able to play again next time so we can reclaim our title ;)
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
whitesquall

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon May 25, 2009 7:42 pm

That was good fun
was good to play as the members of the 3 final bands last time.
Perhaps get it done for October too ^^

But for now relaxing and basking
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby wildfireskunk on Tue May 26, 2009 9:35 pm

whitesquall wrote:hopefully Wildsquall Kodiax will be able to play again next time so we can reclaim our title ;)

Yeah, although it was rather nice of us to let someone else get the title this year I guess :)
wildfireskunk

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 am

suresure
you not manage to see our score I'm assuming moped your score ;)
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby whitesquall on Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 am

indeed WFS, we are too kind ;)

we didn't enter this year coz of brawl taking wildfireskunk and gainax and work or something taking kody so i was playing with shaylea since she was gonna be our replacement singer but since i couldn't gather all the pieces i just joined hers instead lol but next time we'll take back what is rightfully ours ;)
whitesquall

Postby wildfireskunk on Wed May 27, 2009 8:13 am

Gandalf_LostTheGame wrote:suresure
you not manage to see our score I'm assuming moped your score ;)

I did notice that your score on Dani Califonia just about beat the score that we managed to get 7 months ago, without practice as a band. You're right there ;)
wildfireskunk

Postby holliebox on Wed May 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Well, I'm definitely going to learn some vocal warm ups before next year - because I actually sing and don't "do" monotone, I have strained my vocal chords and now can barely talk. Which is obviously hilarious to everyone BUT me. :P

Congrats to Four Star, it was fun to play with you and even though we came second to you, it's always nice to meet people that play rhythm games and aren't really arrogant (which seems scarily common!)- you all seemed so nice and hope to play on XBL with you soon!
holliebox

Postby whitesquall on Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 pm

i found a lot of arrogant people on gh3's pro face off (not long after it came out), u get people like saying "im sorry ur gonna lose" right at the start then if ur beating them then they start insulting u saying u have no life etc etc and most of em quit b4 the end anyway it made online vs so boring well at least now its more about band play so its a lot more fun :D gandalf i can't remember, have i added u on xbox? coz i have a lot of people from england who's GT's don't really look that familiar (damn people changing their GT's lol)
whitesquall

Postby holliebox on Wed May 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Don't think you do - I play Guitar Games mostly but I was singing for OMGBAND on saturday, I'm an expert guitarist more than a vocalist but you know finding singers is like finding someone without a free hugs sign at the expo. Lol, nerdy joke. I am awesome. :D

I agree that GH3 is the worst, you always get sore losers that quit out - that's why I've given up trying to get the live achievements because it's just a complete waste of time. I've never quit out and I don't see the point - if I lose then fair enough! Some people, eh?

GT is same as my username by the way. =] You'll find me on Mike's list, look for the cowboy hat :P
holliebox

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 pm

nah I dont think you have squall: x Hosagi x

Hollie I still need to add you ><
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby whitesquall on Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 pm

yeah i haven't even bothered attempting score duels or pro face offs anymore lol but yeah i played about 500 matches online and i genuinely only finished like 2% of those lol were u the tall dude who shook my hand after i played caprici di diablo since im pretty sure he had an OMGB& tshirt on lol coz i stuck around brawl more than i had planned i didn't see team 4star or OMGB& well or anyone else play for that matter lol (edit: actually with the name holliebox ur probably not that big dude lol well i could add u anyway and we can fight to the death on score duel :D)

that doesn't sound familiar i guess i haven't added u, i thought snake5k6 told me to add u at one point and i thought i did hmmm guess it was just my imagination lol
Last edited by whitesquall on Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitesquall

Postby holliebox on Wed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm

Very odd. Not sure who snake is so could either be me or someone else. I was on GH3 earlier and will probably be back on it in a bit, if anyone fancies co-op, or playing on Rock Band. :]

And I'll add you in a second. *goes to xbox.com as she can't be bothered to plug the xbox in*

Tall dude in OMGB& shirt may have been Chris my boyfriend, not entirely sure though. :P One thing's for sure I'm not tall!

Edit: the fact that you've got the expert career achievement makes me cry. . you, Raining Blood.
Last edited by holliebox on Wed May 27, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holliebox

Postby whitesquall on Wed May 27, 2009 9:44 pm

sorry the snake part was to gandalf i probably should have pointed that out lol i just got off rockband coz for some reason its ridiculously hot in here i might be on later if it cools down but u'll find me on quite a lot anyway lol
whitesquall

Postby wildfireskunk on Wed May 27, 2009 9:56 pm

holliebox wrote:. you, Raining Blood.

AAAAAAAAAARGHH!!
wildfireskunk

Postby whitesquall on Wed May 27, 2009 10:05 pm

im sorry, i think? lol everyone hates that song i had to go to about 7 of my mates houses and do it for them coz they we're gonna start breaking stuff if they had to play it once more lol. i played gh3 quite a bit when it came out but it was soo unfair that america got it a month b4 we did coz i looked at their scores when i got it and then compared it to mine after a month and i would have been first by 30k for about a week, my pride and glory stolen from me coz we get stuff late :'(
whitesquall

Postby wildfireskunk on Wed May 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Raining Shiat has been the only song I've needed for the best part of 8 months now. My best is 2k away, but whenever I'm on a good run SOMETHING stupid happens. Usually me messing up either in the bit with the fast doubles chords followed by the triples (miss one and GAME OVA), or in the other high scoring bit where it's about a minute of nonstop chords.
wildfireskunk

Postby Snake5k6 on Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 am

Sato_San wrote:
Snake5k6 wrote:SO, what's this i hear about everybody needing a new drummer these days lol? It's a shame i won't be able to compare myself to anyone good this year then, i waas looking forward to competing against Kody.

So errmm...statement retraction maybe? ^_^

lol
Last edited by Snake5k6 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake5k6

Postby holliebox on Fri May 29, 2009 7:50 am

See that's what gets me - I can do all of the other songs on the setlist and I've got 4 stars on Devil Went Down To Georgia, but I can't pass Raining Blood because my hand spazzes out :( Probably doesn't help that I can't stand the song either.

Tbh I should have been playing guitar, but you know how hard it is to get a vocalist. XD
holliebox

Postby whitesquall on Fri May 29, 2009 4:39 pm

lol i wouldn't worry about it, its a sh!t song no1 likes its ok if u ignore it for the rest of ur life lol maybe i should have an area at the next expo to do raining blood for people who are near breaking point coz of that song lol since i haven't played it for a very long time, i really only played it first day i got the game coz even though i only played it twice offline, that was enough lol then i played it few times online coz people are idiots but anyway since its been so long my tolerance for it has risen a bit so i could do it for up to 5 people b4 i'd wanna kill someone for putting that . in the game lol
whitesquall

Postby King_Hot_Chip on Fri May 29, 2009 6:12 pm

At Last! Finally got my Password for this site right! Sorry I haven't posted in a while.
Right first order of business:
Sorry for the TV Problems, this was a problem that was out of my hands, I wish it didn't happen because it really did effect the day.
Team4Star, Well done you crazy kids! 3rd last October, First this October! What a final!
Snake, Don't worry about the lefty thing, It's just my old fogy ways of getting in a huff about everything :D And I think Dave's full combo on the start of the Perfect Drug Expert was pretty beastly.
Hollie, good to see ya on here! OMG B& Number one in October? It could happen!
Whitesquall, if this Raining Blood pass service was to open, what would the order be like for such an event? ;)
The full score sheets will be up soon, once I've got the finals image from Col, so hold tight.
My shoulder still hurts from lugging the Ion home, damn that thing is HEAVY.
A Rock Band Tournament Group will be setup tomorrow when I get home from work in the morning.
The NEW rule sheet will be finalized and posted soon so you can get an idea of what to expect in regards to the later stages of the tournament. (Thanks to God knows for making me re-think the rules! The new refined ones should make it a better tournament :D)
24th of October will be amazing!
King Hot Chip - You know, being epic is a tough job.
King_Hot_Chip

Postby holliebox on Fri May 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Well as I've reserved Dave as a drummer for next year, which is awesome! and I don't mind if we don't win, it's just fun to play and see others play - we don't practice and we never work out overdrive paths, so I don't think you could say we take it too seriously, but we have fun and to me that's what it should be about :)
Matt you haven't done Raining Blood either? I don't think it was a good choice at all. I mean I know Dragonforce / Devil Went Down are hard, but at least the songs are good and not really depressing!
WS, don't worry, I won't ask you to do my raining blood, I'll just go back to it every couple of months, fail it, and then leave it again, like I've been doing since December when I got it :P
holliebox

Postby whitesquall on Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 pm

lol i dunno hopefully less than 5 people would want it so i don't go on a killing spree, altho for me the worst song to hear and see is slow ride on easy coz i used to work demoing guitar hero at different places and days are like 9 or 10 hours and i heard that song on that difficulty sooo many times, i didn't even like it the first time i played it lol.

thats what my friend stacy did she kept trying it over and over again then a few months ago she finally did it, i cant imagine the relief of never bothering with that ever again and actually doing it herself after playing it soo many times lol i guess it shows u how much better ur getting if nothing else. i spent most of most time playing gh2 so i didn't have a sh!t hard song to bother with :D but there were good hard songs that took ages to get good enough to 5 star but once i was good enough and gh3 came out i didn't have to spend a long time on that . ;)
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Sat May 30, 2009 12:37 am

It was finishing Raining Blood on hard that was a nightmare. After that, I didn't find expert markedly harder. Not that I think I'd be able to consistently pass it. Certainly have little interest in trying to get five stars.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Sat May 30, 2009 4:41 pm

yeah there isn't a huge step between hard and expert surprisingly i think the only big difference is the trills at the end i think its a lot fast on expert but im not sure i haven't played hard. im sure if u just play other songs or even rockbands hard song's a lot u'd be able to 5 star raining blood much easier coz the only music game i played a ton was gh2 where the windows are a hell of a lot smaller than gh3 so when gh3 finally came out i found it extremely easy in comparison so i find its best to practice on the other games then just go back to gh3 when u wanna get something done on it lol
whitesquall

Postby King_Hot_Chip on Sun May 31, 2009 7:02 am

Hey chaps, new rule set is posted on the newly created Facebook group!
Clicky
King Hot Chip - You know, being epic is a tough job.
King_Hot_Chip

PreviousNext

Return to GAMES VILLAGE @ EXPO - MAY 2009