Your favourite Star Wars movie...?

Chat about everything Star Wars here

Your favourite Star Wars movie...?

Postby Toadsanime on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:37 pm

I'm not particularly a massive Star Wars fan, but I do still enjoy watching the movies. I was quite shocked to see that this sub-board had no threads, actually.

So, just as the title says, establish what your favourite Star Wars film and why. Plain and simple, really. :lol:
Toadsanime

Re: Your favourite Star Wars movie...?

Postby Shadowhunter72 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:53 pm

This thread was in the general chat section, but it must've been moved since the 'movies' section suited it more *shrugs*.

Anyways....my favourite Star Wars film would have to be the 3rd or the 4th, because there seemed to be more action in those ones :)
Shadowhunter72

Postby tripfontane on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:57 pm

As far as Star Wars is concerned it depends on your age as to which are your favourites, If you are an adult and you appreciate plot, Acting ability, character development and believable effects then the original films are favourable.
Then again if you are someone under the age of 12 years old and just like watching feature length, CGI cartoons, want action and don't care about watching loads of british actors with posh accents having meetings about trade federations then i guess the new films are for you...and in my opinion you can keep them, right next to Toy Story where they belong. How the hell
George Lucas thought his CGI characters had any realistic comparison to their portrayal in the original films i'll never know!.

Unfortunately this now means that George Lucas is now despised by 'true' S.W fans as he decided to ruin what made the franchise great in the first place, you can just imagine him laughing insanely at Skywalker Ranch cause he's sold so many Jar Jar Binks Toys!.

Anyway, let's cut to the chase...New hope is a truly great film in it's own right but i'd have to say
Empire without a doubt is the best Star Wars film, it's full of downers, Han frozen in carbonite, luke getting his hand cut off and finding out that Vader is his Daddy...thats what life is, a series of downers...all Return of the Jedi was was a bunch of muppets!. Of course Jedi has it's positives Leia's Bikini for one, which i honestly think George Lucas wears at home.

Just my opinion, sorry if it makes all the kids cry.

Cliff
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tripfontane

Postby hack.jnz.8321 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Beautiful :]

Although Episode 3 did wonderous things for me as well. Apart from the relationship between Padmé and Anakin made me abit queasy. :3
hack.jnz.8321

Postby Pete-Nyan on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Episode One, Qui-Gon is the best ^_^ well this video kind makes him look bad but he is still the best Jedi Ever Nyaa!
Pete-Nyan

Postby hack.jnz.8321 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Qui-Gon is amazing Jedi, one of my tops, but my vote goes to Mace Windu, he's got mad skillz in relation to the books. I feel the films didn't do him enough justice. It doesn't matter if Samual L played him brilliantly, there was something missing.
hack.jnz.8321

Postby Mr.Markzilla on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:33 am

Always the episodes 4, 5 and 6. Star Wars was released when I was 5 or 6 and I've still got all my Star Wars figures with the original weapons, o.k they're not carded. I can quote Star Wars when it's on like the way most people sing along to a record.
Warning. Yellow crayons do not taste of bananas.
Mr.Markzilla

Postby ~*~Cat~*~ on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Pete-Nyan wrote:Episode One, Qui-Gon is the best ^_^ well this video kind makes him look bad but he is still the best Jedi Ever Nyaa!

I agree, Episode One is definitely my favourite, simply for the prescence of the amazing Qui-Gon Jinn. :mrgreen: I love the original trilogy episodes as well though, particularly Episode Five :D
~*~Cat~*~

Postby Thelosthighways on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:18 am

I do love a bit of the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan pairing in SW Verse! *the Expanded Universe books for them in the form of Jedi Apprentice were good tie ins in regards to their relationship*.

I like episode 3 because [almost] all the story plots are brought together (there are still some unanswered questions that Lucas apparently said he would tie up ie. why some jedi faded away and others didnt) but we also get an insight into why Anikan took the path he did... And that even the best of us can fall.

I do love the originals, and I love the character of Han (he was awesome).

So i'm across the board with the movies. They all have attributes which I like :)
Thelosthighways

Return to STAR WARS