What do we want to be different this time?

This is the place to discuss the London MCM Expo Saturday night Party

What do we want to be different this time?

Postby RyuuzakiMasato7 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:31 pm

I enjoyed myself at the party in october, but for two things: I was dying of the cold, and the band were, well, not very good. The group I was with abandoned the place after a couple of songs. :P So, what does everyone else want to see at the party in may? Did you like the DJs, do you want a broader range of music, whatwhatwhat?
RyuuzakiMasato7

Re: What do we want to be different this time?

Postby Admin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:43 pm

We listened to people, we gave you 3 different DJ's both Japanese and Party music along with a live band

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tif9123 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 pm

The music was very good, there was a change however it is far to crowded in there, i could hardly move =[.
Tif9123

Postby Berserk667 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:37 am

The music I thought was pretty good and liverly. Space is the biggest problem. Seriously I won't go this time if something can't be done about it. Then again since its in May it will be warmer and the outside area will be more appealing. Just hope it doesn't rain -_-
Berserk667

Postby issabella_mottman on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:11 am

I personally loved the band!
Last time was my first time, and I found it pretty crowded but overall I enjoyed it, and I would pay £6 to go to it again =)
issabella_mottman

Postby Tif9123 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:37 pm

It's just space that is the main issue with the party, however if it's warm in may you may not have that problem because more poeple will go outside.
Tif9123

Postby badgerrocks on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 pm

Music was definitely on the right line for oct, i thoroughly enjoyed it.
As already said more space is needed.

I know a lot of people will disagree but I would like to see some kind of proper masquerade ball.
badgerrocks

Postby ChibiYaoiOtaku on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:24 am

It would have been nice to be actually able to move around in there...it just seemed so...cramped..its worse than the tube at rush hour (well..ok..not that bad but still quite crowded)
ChibiYaoiOtaku

Postby RyuuzakiMasato7 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:24 am

The space issue will be better in may, since it'll be a hell of a lot warmer than october - I was out on the balcony, but not for long xD Spent most of the party on the balcony this may though, so should be fine.
RyuuzakiMasato7

Postby Marcusdkun2 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 am

I thought it was good but to be honest there was hardly any room to sit down once in a while and on the balcony it was really cold. In the end i went outside which turned out to be better fun. To make it better this time i think its needs to be bigger and maybe some things where we can sit down once in a while
This is My school Account im Normal MArcusDkun cants access it ~ nya
Marcusdkun2

Postby diphenhydramine on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:45 pm

I didn't really have a problem with space at all to be honest! I've been in far more cramped places (although I didn't arrive until about 9, so I don't know if lots of people left before then or something).

I also think opinions of the live band are a bit too taste-based to be taken into account - lots of people enjoyed Ghostfire, me included, so I assume that those who say they were bad just didn't enjoy their music, instead of a technical analysis. To be honest, this will always be a problem with live bands, some will like them and some will not.
diphenhydramine

Postby onewingedsoldier on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:12 pm

badgerrocks wrote:I know a lot of people will disagree but I would like to see some kind of proper masquerade ball.

I've never been to the Saturday Night Party...and I'd always believed that it WAS a Masquerade Ball. If it's alright for me to ask here, what exactly does the Saturday Party consist of? (If not, forward me else-where XD)
onewingedsoldier

Postby badgerrocks on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:38 pm

onewingedsoldier wrote:
badgerrocks wrote:I know a lot of people will disagree but I would like to see some kind of proper masquerade ball.

I've never been to the Saturday Night Party...and I'd always believed that it WAS a Masquerade Ball. If it's alright for me to ask here, what exactly does the Saturday Party consist of? (If not, forward me else-where XD)

Last 2 expos its been just a party in the novotel bar with no formal dress code and a DJ (did get a live band this oct).
badgerrocks

Postby WiggyDee on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:49 pm

New Venue, no faulty equipment. That about covers it, cheaper drinks would be nice but realistically speaking I doubt that will happen. *unsubtle hint at interest in doing it myself to follow* I'd also like it if the dj's could be forum members or cosplayers too.
WiggyDee

Postby onewingedsoldier on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:57 pm

WiggyDee wrote: I'd also like it if the dj's could be forum members or cosplayers too.

That'd be a nice idea! If that happens then maybe a thread could be started nearer the time of songs people would like played there?
onewingedsoldier

Postby Tif9123 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Yeha im sure there are a phew people on the forum that can DJ lol, or maybe karioki XD have forumers sing lol XD
Tif9123

Postby Admin on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Well they can always put themselves forward we are happy to hear from people

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby beavisrules on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:23 am

I am sure if all the ticket holders had turend up at the same time It would have been a heath&saftey issue.
ghostfire were awesome , not my sort of music but hugely entertaining!.
been to the last few partys and much fun was had.
also like the other partys , it was cramped , so ....
as others have said , if only there was more room.
beavisrules

Postby Adonai on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Just make it a lot bigger. I and everyone I met left just because it was way too damn cramped, then on our way out we could see that we only had half of their bar, now the whole bar would have been fine if not too big, but it was just way way way to small. Music and everything else was fine, but as it was so small you were allways near the speakers, couldn't move, couldn't hear and couldn't sit down for a long while untill people got fedup and left.
Adonai

Postby Tif9123 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:15 pm

The lack of room was so bad we sat outside i party in the hotel lounge bit and ended up having people join us there.
Tif9123

Postby leumas on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:38 pm

It was indeed awful,luckily I found some cool people to hang out with instead and we just sat outside the party in the lounge.The bar was way to crowded and drinks were way too expensive.The music was awful,and the band were not very good.And worse of all I could't even wear my cosplay costume because of their silly rules of no shorts,so I had to wear jeans and a t shirt
leumas

Postby dragonofinfinity on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:31 pm

(going off the last may party)
It would be nice to have the option of cheaper food; I know its tied to the bar, same with drinks, but having a special option there for party atendees would be nice, and I'm sure other people as well wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a ticket if food was part of the deal.
(i'm thinking along the lines of burgers, jaket potatoes, or just things that could be barbequed and wouldn't cost too much to supply).
dragonofinfinity

Postby badgerrocks on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:19 pm

leumas wrote:It was indeed awful,luckily I found some cool people to hang out with instead and we just sat outside the party in the lounge.The bar was way to crowded and drinks were way too expensive.The music was awful,and the band were not very good.And worse of all I could't even wear my cosplay costume because of their silly rules of no shorts,so I had to wear jeans and a t shirt

Thats a shame about your cosplay because to me there were several people at the party who were dressed "against the rules" including shorts and trainers.
badgerrocks

Postby Tif9123 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:50 pm

leumas wrote:It was indeed awful,luckily I found some cool people to hang out with instead and we just sat outside the party in the lounge.The bar was way to crowded and drinks were way too expensive.The music was awful,and the band were not very good.And worse of all I could't even wear my cosplay costume because of their silly rules of no shorts,so I had to wear jeans and a t shirt

wow who were those cool people ;)
Tif9123

Postby WiggyDee on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:50 am

dragonofinfinity wrote:(going off the last may party)
It would be nice to have the option of cheaper food; I know its tied to the bar, same with drinks, but having a special option there for party atendees would be nice, and I'm sure other people as well wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a ticket if food was part of the deal.
(i'm thinking along the lines of burgers, jaket potatoes, or just things that could be barbequed and wouldn't cost too much to supply).

Nah i disagree, eat food before going out on a saturday/ friday night so you don't get drunk too quickly then dodgy kebabs afterwards. Its the sacred commandment to be followed by parties and nights out nationwide and it should not be altered!
WiggyDee

Next

Return to MCM EXPO SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY