Dragonball Z Group!

Discuss the UK's largest Masquerade event which takes place both days during the London MCM Expo.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Dragonball Z Group!

Postby SamW89 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:24 pm

That looks awesome Ryoko! Can't wait to see it.

OK, me and demexiffie have been working on this Goku wig and both the wig and our relationship seem to have survived intact XD

Here's the wig before cutting with the wire template in.

Here it is again having been cut with all the strands we cut off in wefts.

Now we hafta shape the base wig (somehow) and hotglue these wefts to the wig netting and start using this spiking glue and hairspray.

Starting to feel a LOT more optimistic about this costume now.

Wish us luck.
SamW89

Postby Ryoko on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:09 pm

That wig looks insane! Can't wait to see it when its finished! I dont know what Im going to do with mine yet, wait till it arrives and poke at it untilo it looks ok I guess.
It's going to be great to get a group photo though... DBZ fans don't mess around.

My Belt arrived in the post this morning (....dont know if it was worth waiting 2 months for!) and I've just bought back up boots, no way I can walk around all weekend in 3 inch heals, my feet were killing me in october and I was wearing my sketchers, lol! I think I'll power though on the saturday and limp around in flats on the sunday.

Ryoko

Postby SamW89 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:56 pm

That's awesome work! I'm guessing you did the symbol with fabric paint? It looks dead on.

Making soem real progress with the wig - the spikes are going in!

SamW89

Postby SamW89 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Just finished my boots, sorry for the low quality photo. Lost my SD card for my camera =(

SamW89

Postby Ryoko on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Yueah, good ol' Dylon fabric paint, it was the easiest way I could think of, though pinning it and sewing it to the back was a bit of a git.
Bloody sd cards.... they are too small for their own good. The boots look great! Im going to do mine this week, I hope.
How long is it taking you to style the wig? I still havent decided if I'm going to do mine yet. My friend is giong as Vegeta and shes not styling her hair... I figure as long as I stick with her I'm ok, lol!
Ryoko

Postby SamW89 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:17 pm

The wig has taken two day's worth of actual work and around two weeks worth of procrasinating and being too scared to touch it XD. Added the final spike today, just gotta shape the bangs and try it on again, make any final adjustments, down it in yet more hair spray and it'll be good to go!

Only thing I'd caution you on is that if you order your supplies from Cosworx expect to be waiting about three weeks for the stuff to arrive, maybe longer with BA strikes, and you'll likely be hit with customs charges too. As an aside, your friend can get a decent Vegeta wig from eBay - my Vegeta wig from last year was eBayed and it did the job just fine.
SamW89

Postby Ryoko on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:33 pm

I ordered mine about a week ago from WigMad on ebay, and it wasnt expensive so Im hoping I'll just avoid customs charges. I know it was shipped last tuesday, and Ive gotten things from Hong Kong in less than a fourtnight in the past. I'm hoping to get it before I go back to work next sunday, I'll have a lot less time to work on it if its in Wales and I'm in Hertford, grrrr. Knowing my luck though, that's whats going to happen!
Ryoko

Postby KajiDaigoji on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:23 pm

ahhh my fiance has a dilema, she dont know wether to go as 18 or Supreme Kai, but the thing is she aint got nothing ready for kaioshin except for ear-rings and only a month and a bit to go what would she do peoples, maybe for october? shes hoping but it looks like it will be 18 for may 8)
KajiDaigoji

Postby SamW89 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I say 18, there's a much better chance of getting that together in time and without too much hassle.

OK, made some great progress today, again, many thanks to the help of demexiffie. Goku's shirt is done, just gotta paint the symbols and attach those and it'll be ready! Tackle the trousers again soon too.

Also, I bought a new SD card for my camera today, then immediately found my old one, coincidentally realising that I no longer have an SD card slot on my PC and there's just a slit hole in the front of my computer where it used to be which is... Worrying to say the least XD

Anyways, here's the top:

And here's the start of me trying to do the symbols with fabric paint:
SamW89

Postby SamW89 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 am

Here's the result of fabric painting, but it looks like it's bled a little... This is the second attempt too. Ryoko, your fabric painted symbol looks fantastic, got any tips?
SamW89

Postby Ryoko on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:23 pm

I posted the same in the progres thread but what the heck!

I used White cotton and dylon fabric paint too. I drew the symbol onto the fabric lightly with a pencil first and painted over that. With the large back symbol I outlined it with a black sharpie before painting it, it bled a little bit which is why I didnt use the pen for the small front badge, but for the back it was fine. The back one I did first time but the front one took 2 attempts, bBut I think it's worth trying to draw/paint it on without the stencil so it doesnt bleed underneath it.

I also used a really thick/stiff sheet of cotton, its almost like those nasty pillow cases you get at butlins, but it's sterdy enough to take the paint.

Yyour top looks great, I can't believe yu are making the gi yourself, I copletely wussed out and bought my dress, lol!
Ryoko

Postby Ryoko on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm

My wig came this morning, I'm not convinced Im going to use it yet, but its not as bad as I was expecting!

The pic however, IS bad... note to self, next time photograph more of wig and less of face.
Ryoko

Postby Rubikins on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:58 am

Ryoko wrote:My wig came this morning, I'm not convinced Im going to use it yet, but its not as bad as I was expecting!

The pic however, IS bad... note to self, next time photograph more of wig and less of face.

I think it looks pretty good! :D
Especially with the rest of the outfit, it'll look awesome~! Although, its up to you of course! x3

I really should take some pictures of my Gohan costume... lol.
Rubikins

Postby Ryoko on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 pm

you should, we neeeeed to see it!! Your wig is too much of a teaser, lol!
Ryoko

Postby chibinikki on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Heyyy these all look friggin awesome! I'll be doing android 18, not sure on which day though yet XD;;
Image penguin=me
chibinikki

Postby Rubikins on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Ryoko wrote:you should, we neeeeed to see it!! Your wig is too much of a teaser, lol!

Haha, thanks. I'll have to take some pictures once I have some free time. :)

chibinikki wrote:Heyyy these all look friggin awesome! I'll be doing android 18, not sure on which day though yet XD;;

Awesomesauce~ :D
Tell me once you decide and i'll add it to the list!
Rubikins

Postby SamW89 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:15 am

C'mon Rubi, show us your gi - teased us enough bout it being complete.

Just did Goku's front symbol from cutting the shapes out of leatherette. Looks OK actually, better than the results I've gotten with fabric paint so far that's for sure.
SamW89

Postby Rubikins on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:06 pm

SamW89 wrote:C'mon Rubi, show us your gi - teased us enough bout it being complete.

Just did Goku's front symbol from cutting the shapes out of leatherette. Looks OK actually, better than the results I've gotten with fabric paint so far that's for sure.

Haha, I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow and post them up. :)

I'm glad I didn't have to make any of the gi symbols... lol.

I seriously can't wait for May now! It's so close! :D
Rubikins

Postby Almighty-trunks on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:29 pm

O.k im finally going to do the first cosplay i ever wanted to do so add me down as Raditz!
Almighty-trunks

Postby SamW89 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Awesome Tomaki! We are so having a mock battle, brother! >=]

Here's how the symbols turned out
SamW89

Postby Rubikins on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm

SamW89 wrote:Here's how the symbols turned out

Omg that looks fantastic! :D It looks so cleanly cut aswell!

Almighty-trunks wrote:O.k im finally going to do the first cosplay i ever wanted to do so add me down as Raditz!

Okey dokey! :P Can't wait to see it! *is a Raditz fangirl* What day did you want to be put down for?

I didnt have the time to take any full body photos today (I shouldn't even be on the computer now actually, lol), but here's some pictures I took awhile ago... Ignore the unpainted eyebrows, no contacts and necklace please :3

Rubikins

Postby Almighty-trunks on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 pm

sunday please
Almighty-trunks

Postby SamW89 on Sat May 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Holy freakin' - awesome Gohan
SamW89

Postby Rubikins on Sat May 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Almighty-trunks wrote:sunday please

Ok! Done!

SamW89 wrote:Holy freakin' - awesome Gohan

Thankyou very much :3 Can't wait to see your Goku when it's done! :D
Rubikins

Postby Ryoko on Sun May 02, 2010 12:01 am

these both look epic! I can't wait to see everyone in person, I will be scanning for orange gi's and ssj hair all day!
Ryoko

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO