Merlin Casts a Third Series Spell @ MCM Expo UPDATED

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Merlin Casts a Third Series Spell @ MCM Expo UPDATED

Postby Admin-2 on Tue May 18, 2010 4:27 pm

MCM Expo are delighted to announce a panel for the hit series currently in production which returns to BBC One in the Autumn.

The panel with include producer Johnny Capps, Colin Morgan (Merlin), Bradley James (Arthur), Katie McGrath (Morgana) & Angel Coulby (Gwen). The cast are currently working on series 3. Panel Saturday 29th May at 1pm. Further details will be announced shortly.

Hit family fantasy drama Merlin, produced by Shine Television, returns for a third series for BBC One.

Johnny Capps, Executive Producer, Shine Television, says: "Merlin is ready to burst back onto BBC One with more action, romance and, of course, magic to delight fans of all ages. After the thrilling finale of the current series audiences will be left wondering what happens next – and with so many of Merlin and Arthur's adventures yet to unfold, we can't wait to continue the story."

Merlin stars Colin Morgan as Merlin, Bradley James as Prince Arthur, Anthony Head as King Uther, Katie McGrath as Morgana, Angel Coulby as Gwen, Richard Wilson as Gaius, and John Hurt as the voice of the Great Dragon.

Merlin is executive produced by the award-winning Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy for Shine Television, with Bethan Jones executive producer for BBC Wales.

The first series is a worldwide smash hit and has been sold to 52 broadcasters in over 180 countries.

Please note the cast are working Satuday on Merlin so will not have time to sign autographs in person.
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
Admin-2
Site Admin

Re: Merlin Casts a Third Series Spell @ MCM Expo

Postby crippsy_99 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Will they be appearing on sunday? Thats the only time myself and many others I know who plan on going can make it.
Con-a-holic and proud!
<i>Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.</i>
crippsy_99

Postby gebes on Tue May 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Any chance of the producers and cast being announced for the Sunday please?

Is this a promotional signing, and if so , will it be limited to the first X number of tickets attendees get?

I know several people who really want to meet the Merlin cast.
gebes

Postby tonythecylon on Tue May 18, 2010 6:24 pm

crippsy_99 wrote:Will they be appearing on sunday? Thats the only time myself and many others I know who plan on going can make it.

The main post and home page both just state Saturday, also based on all the other merlin appearances at Expo, they have always only been on one of the days.

Also, these have always been promotional signings. No doubt details on how this will be restricted will be announced in the next few days. Last time only the promotional item could be signed.
tonythecylon

Postby nemo-011 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm

=D
i am so excited, i can't wait!
nemo-011

Postby Admin-2 on Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 pm

tonythecylon wrote:
crippsy_99 wrote:Will they be appearing on sunday? Thats the only time myself and many others I know who plan on going can make it.

The main post and home page both just state Saturday, also based on all the other merlin appearances at Expo, they have always only been on one of the days.

Also, these have always been promotional signings. No doubt details on how this will be restricted will be announced in the next few days. Last time only the promotional item could be signed.

It will be Saturday at 1pm. The last time the cast and producers signed an extra item. It was 2 shows ago they only signed one item as it was very very busy. I do hope they will sign an extra item but we will not know until the day.

I think its great for Merlin fans the autographs are free and the item is even provided for you.
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby crippsy_99 on Tue May 18, 2010 7:56 pm

tonythecylon wrote:The main post and home page both just state Saturday, also based on all the other merlin appearances at Expo, they have always only been on one of the days.

I see admin have replied anyway now, so looks like no sunday, but they did both days last year when the girls were there, I couldnt get them on the sat, so had to get them sunday.

Shame as I need Colin and Bradley on a cast shot if they'd been going, but guess i'll just have to miss out again this year. :(
Con-a-holic and proud!
<i>Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.</i>
crippsy_99

Postby tonythecylon on Tue May 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Admin-2 wrote:It will be Saturday at 1pm. The last time the cast and producers signed an extra item. It was 2 shows ago they only signed one item as it was very very busy. I do hope they will sign an extra item but we will not know until the day.

I think its great for Merlin fans the autographs are free and the item is even provided for you.

Thanks for the quick response, Admin2.

I know it's only speculation at this stage, but if it's only possible that one item can be signed, if Anthony Head or Richard Wlson attended, would there be any objections to asking them to sign the cast shot from a previous expo rather than the new item?

Not that the new item won't be great but for obvious reasons it'll be nice to get the older cast shot fully completed.
tonythecylon

Postby KajiDaigoji on Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Sweet cant wait!
KajiDaigoji

Postby Admin-2 on Tue May 18, 2010 8:54 pm

OK first they have only ever done one day. Last time it was Sunday.

As to getting a past item signed of course it would be alright. Once we know who is coming we will let you all know.
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby kitsunecake on Tue May 18, 2010 8:55 pm

cant wait! me and my friends love merlin! :D
kitsunecake

Postby laurarattigan on Wed May 19, 2010 5:27 am

My husband and I are regular attenders at EXPOs but my sister LOVES Merlin and has never been to a convention before. Its a very long way for her to travel with a toddler and I was wondering if anyone can help with any questions I can let her know then:

1. Do you have to have a ticket for entry to the panel (I know you need a ticket for EXPO entrance).
2. Are they limited to a certain number and if so will there be a good time to turn up?
3. Is it a poster they give away already signed or do you queue up as normal and get their signature?

I am most grateful for your help. I don't want her to miss out as it will cost her around £100 to just get there and get in with the tickets and travel etc.
laurarattigan

Postby Shenron on Wed May 19, 2010 8:18 am

Really looking forward to catching a glimpse of some of the cast. I love all of them! (slightly more-so Bradley James <3).
I missed out on seeing them last time =(
Shenron

Postby Admin-2 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:35 am

laurarattigan wrote:My husband and I are regular attenders at EXPOs but my sister LOVES Merlin and has never been to a convention before. Its a very long way for her to travel with a toddler and I was wondering if anyone can help with any questions I can let her know then:

1. Do you have to have a ticket for entry to the panel (I know you need a ticket for EXPO entrance).
2. Are they limited to a certain number and if so will there be a good time to turn up?
3. Is it a poster they give away already signed or do you queue up as normal and get their signature?

I am most grateful for your help. I don't want her to miss out as it will cost her around £100 to just get there and get in with the tickets and travel etc.

No you will not need a ticket to the panel. However the signing will be limited due to time constraints so a ticket will be needed. These are usually distributed from the info desk. I am told it will be 10am. So if she gets to the show early and goes to the info desk, there may be a line. If she gets a ticket she gets to go to the signing after the panel. I hope that helps. Please note we have not been given the details of who will be on the panel as yet. We should know shortly.
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby Neko-Chan on Wed May 19, 2010 11:56 am

If theres only 1 persons autograph we want (because we've got the others 3 times over already) is it still possible? also i have a bulky cosplay sitting shoulder to shoulder with someone is quit difficult same with my friend and we would love to attend the pannel (again) is it possible to have a side seat or something?
Neko-Chan

Postby tonythecylon on Wed May 19, 2010 6:40 pm

tonythecylon wrote:
I know it's only speculation at this stage, but if it's only possible that one item can be signed, if Anthony Head or Richard Wlson attended, would there be any objections to asking them to sign the cast shot from a previous expo rather than the new item?

Not that the new item won't be great but for obvious reasons it'll be nice to get the older cast shot fully completed.

Well the latest news is that it's Colin, Bradley, Angel and Katie again so my above question is irrelevant after all.

Looking forward to seeing them again especially Katie. :D
tonythecylon

Re: Merlin Casts a Third Series Spell @ MCM Expo UPDATED

Postby shinikami on Thu May 20, 2010 4:06 pm

I am just curious about what is going to happen at the panel
As last time I went, it was a ticket event, but we still ended up with poor seats because the area where they held the panel was not emptied from the last talk... so we got poor sight and seats!

Will this be resolved this time?
shinikami

Postby TurkFox on Thu May 20, 2010 8:52 pm

shinikami wrote:I am just curious about what is going to happen at the panel
As last time I went, it was a ticket event, but we still ended up with poor seats because the area where they held the panel was not emptied from the last talk... so we got poor sight and seats!

This.

We queued for an hour, AT THE FRONT OF THE QUEUE, only to find ourselves quite a few rows back behind people who hadn't moved after the talk before.
TurkFox

Postby shinikami on Thu May 20, 2010 9:01 pm

TurkFox wrote:

This.

We queued for an hour, AT THE FRONT OF THE QUEUE, only to find ourselves quite a few rows back behind people who hadn't moved after the talk before.

Exactly! We rushed from our photoshoot to get to a decent place in the queue only for us to be right at the back nearly! Having to use full zoom or the screen to get photos of the panel - none of our questions when raising hands up were asked because we were just too far back!
shinikami

Postby Neko-Chan on Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 pm

shinikami wrote:
TurkFox wrote:

This.

Exactly! We rushed from our photoshoot to get to a decent place in the queue only for us to be right at the back nearly! Having to use full zoom or the screen to get photos of the panel - none of our questions when raising hands up were asked because we were just too far back!

i must have to agree with this too, i was right at the front before ended up almost being right at the back T_T also id like to exagerate the fact that i had my hand up the ENTIRE pannel to ask a question and you know what i never got asked, i was looked at told i was next then it never happened, my arm ached really badly! and it wasnt as if i was the other side of the room i was sitting right next to the person who just asked a question, i mean how hard was it to pass the mic over 1 person? it wasnt as if there wasnt time but when you have your hand up and the audience get asked "anymore questions?!" and my hand is the only one up! how on earth could that mistake be made?

(not trolling just making a valid point that i hope this will never happen again)
Neko-Chan

Postby Admin-2 on Thu May 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Its common at these kind of events to NOT clear after each panel. At New York Comic Con, San Diego Comicon, I have been and they never clear halls.

That said the Nintendo World Record DS Party is Noon. So I am thinking the hall WILL be cleared out before the Merlin Panel.

I hope this helps you but the up side is that the main hall at San Diego holds 12,000 people so being in a panel with a 1000 people is not so bad. :D
Admin-2
Site Admin

Postby shinikami on Thu May 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Well I will be attending the DS party, as will be bringing my DS with me... so what is being said is that will have to leave the hall and move around to the queue for the panel? Will the panel be a ticketed event?
shinikami

Postby Neko-Chan on Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm

shinikami wrote:Well I will be attending the DS party, as will be bringing my DS with me... so what is being said is that will have to leave the hall and move around to the queue for the panel? Will the panel be a ticketed event?

it already says the pannel wont be ticketed, but signing will like before

but i kinda do find it unfair as you said that halls arent cleared, i feel it fair everyone should have to exit the hall and if they want to see the next pannel que up again, seems only fair on those who que up for ages to go >.<
Neko-Chan

Postby TurkFox on Thu May 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Admin-2 wrote:Its common at these kind of events to NOT clear after each panel. At New York Comic Con, San Diego Comicon, I have been and they never clear halls.

Just because other events don't do it, doesn't mean you shouldn't bother either.
TurkFox

Postby Admin-2 on Thu May 20, 2010 11:10 pm

I can see your point but sometimes its just not possible. There are some plans underway for October which may make it more possible. Never say Never :-)
Admin-2
Site Admin

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT