Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Postby Blalucard on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:57 pm

OK guys after much faffing about I managed to get the Caravan BBS rom working on my PSP Gen.

Here's a picture of my PSP Phat running it past the first security check (After the auto-save warning screen):

(OK, so it's taken a few hours of gameplay after the autosave warning screen) ZOMG VANITAS IS ANOTHER EFFING SORA CLONE!!

But anyway everyone's a Sora clone, turns out that's what's block the modded PSP's from running the ISO.

But if you're aware that Terra actually turns out to be Xenonhortafter Master Xenonort (The old man lol) totally rapes him and combines their beings (HOT) and they have amnesia and all that jazz (such a well-written game...*sniff*)

Also Ven's totally unconcious in the Room of Awakening, which is why you won't be able to boot a CSO version.

Also Aqua kinda sacrifices herself to try and save Terra (but lolfails) and gets stuck in the Realm of Darkness for 10 years, and often likes to chat with DiZ before he was DiZ about stuff relating to Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts (The potential KH3?) Yep there's your problem.

Incidently KH3 will see Sora go off to save the trio from BBS while Kairi stays home and waits to be kidnapped. Again. (The bottle message from the end of KH2 is her ransom note, she has to keep it on her at all times.)

Lo! Lets us eagerly await the return of Org XIII, as the terrible bull plot loopholes allow them to be brought back from the dead to avoid trying to design new characters!

Also: Ven's goldfish. This is not a drill.

But yeah try those steps and enjoy playing Birth By Bull on YOUR PSP today! ^-^

(By the way sorry about some of the potential minor spoilers in this post, I'm fairly new here as you can see, how I tag for spoilers?)
Swooping ain't bad!
Blalucard

Postby Adziu on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Yeah, our version of BBcode doesn't have spoiler tags. Make of that what you will.

Interesting, though. Perhaps I shall go check out what's available. Without advocating anything illegal.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby loveliesbleeding on Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 am

Does anyone know when its due out? I really want to get it, as I need to get a DS and get the ds game to play.
loveliesbleeding

Postby demonix on Thu May 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Well I heard on gamecentral yesterday that it is coming out early September but that might be a US release date as a trailer has just turned up on the US playstation store.
demonix

Postby Toadsanime on Thu May 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Blalucard wrote:OK guys after much faffing about I managed to get the Caravan BBS rom working on my PSP Gen.

Thanks for the spoilers.

I instantly saw the picture, so that was spoiled, but I did try not to read the most of the rest of your post.
Toadsanime

Postby ukotaku on Thu May 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Toadsanime wrote:
Blalucard wrote:OK guys after much faffing about I managed to get the Caravan BBS rom working on my PSP Gen.

Thanks for the spoilers.

I instantly saw the picture, so that was spoiled, but I did try not to read the most of the rest of your post.

I second this.....

Im currently playing BBS right now but Im skipping all the cutscenes since Im gonna watch them all in the US copy.
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby cosmosin_strife on Fri May 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Release date's been announced - September 7 in the US and supposedly September 10 in the EU.
cosmosin_strife

Postby Adziu on Sat May 22, 2010 12:09 am

Am actually quite keen for this now. I need a new portable game.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Toadsanime on Sun May 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Adziu wrote:Am actually quite keen for this now. I need a new portable game.

I'm very keen on it, but strangely I'm actually hoping it gets delayed.

There's no way I'll have money for a PSP over the Summer. :|
Toadsanime

Postby loveliesbleeding on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:46 am

7th September in the us, and I suppose.....sometime in march next year for us. I'm so annoyed because I want to play it now!!!!
loveliesbleeding

Postby Toadsanime on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 pm

loveliesbleeding wrote:7th September in the us, and I suppose.....sometime in march next year for us. I'm so annoyed because I want to play it now!!!!

*phew*

I'm strangely happy it's been delayed until then, actually. :wink:
Toadsanime

Postby cosmosin_strife on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:24 pm

loveliesbleeding wrote:7th September in the us, and I suppose.....sometime in march next year for us. I'm so annoyed because I want to play it now!!!!

...As I posted earlier, European release date is set for September 10, but even if it wasn't you could always just import it from the US. And not only that, but Squeenix announced in their press statement http://release.square-enix.com/na/2010/05/17_01.html that yes, Leonard Nimoy, Mark Hamill and Jesse McCartney will be doing voices.

Should be awesome :D
cosmosin_strife

Postby loveliesbleeding on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:58 pm

cosmosin_strife wrote:

...As I posted earlier, European release date is set for September 10, but even if it wasn't you could always just import it from the US. And not only that, but Squeenix announced in their press statement http://release.square-enix.com/na/2010/05/17_01.html that yes, Leonard Nimoy, Mark Hamill and Jesse McCartney will be doing voices.

Should be awesome :D

Yeah I just saw that lol. I totally forgot that psps are multi region. So I might import it.
loveliesbleeding

Postby Katsuya on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:21 am

lol Birth by Sleep is so horribly generic and there is actually no need for this game to actually even be out.
The voice of the loudest voice
Katsuya

Postby Adziu on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 am

Katsuya wrote:lol Birth by Sleep is so horribly generic and there is actually no need for this game to actually even be out.

And yeeeet it's likely to outsell just about every game you care deeply for.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Katsuya on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:30 am

Adziu wrote:
Katsuya wrote:lol Birth by Sleep is so horribly generic and there is actually no need for this game to actually even be out.

And yeeeet it's likely to outsell just about every game you care deeply for.

More than likely. but I just don't get why it's out it just adds something that shouldn't really be there. I've played the game and I don't care too much for it, the changes to the battle system are not needed at all. As a game it was fine the way it was. But yet S-E have to milk it more in terms of Prequals and Sequals... KH1 and 2 were fine as it was... CoM was an added bonus to tell what happened in the gap that was left in between these games. But there was no need to shove in BBS to tell a story that already had somewhat of a viable beginning.
Katsuya

Postby Adziu on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:04 am

I'm not opposed in principle to new games coming out that show new parts of a story. However, I have to say that the KH universe has got progressively more inconsistent and focused on increasingly dull characters since...well, since Chain of Memories. And I suspect it will only get more irritating with BBS. But I find myself curious enough to actually want to find out.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Katsuya on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Adziu wrote:I'm not opposed in principle to new games coming out that show new parts of a story. However, I have to say that the KH universe has got progressively more inconsistent and focused on increasingly dull characters since...well, since Chain of Memories. And I suspect it will only get more irritating with BBS. But I find myself curious enough to actually want to find out.

Don't do it, you'll lose precious moments of DJ Technika Max time if you do!
Katsuya

Postby Adziu on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:58 pm

I can play it on the train to and from Technika 8D

Besides, Technika's a bit dull now. Although the new set should come out soon 8D

Edit: I've started playing it, and am actually quite pleasantly surprised.

Have put my first impressions over here: http://tybsy.deviantart.com/journal/32729774/
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby binxiipop on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm super stoked for this to come out, but haven't they pretty much covered the entire KH storyline? Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 was pretty much cleared up by 358/2 days?

Saying that, I'll probably still play it manically when it comes out.
binxiipop

Postby Adziu on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Having played the game to death and having rather loved it, I can tell you that this prequel has if anything a stronger storyline than any of the others. It only touches very briefly on Sora's storyline, and colours it a little, but if anything the new protagonists are more interesting anyway.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Previous

Return to GAMING