Expo Games and Photography

Discus the MIDLANDS MCM EXPO at the International Centre in Telford.

Let us know what you like and what you want to see.

Expo Games and Photography

Postby Jessicaaaarr on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:52 pm

[EDIT]
Here are the games I was thinking we could play!
- Twister
- Duck, Duck, Goose
- Anime Simon Says (Like “Simon Says be Pikachu!” or something)
- Dance Off (For example, Anime Characters vs Other (Pikachu’s, none cosplaying people, gamer cosplays ectect)
- Massive Conga line (See how many people we can get into it going around the expo)
- Human Chess (Possibly?)

Also, I was thinking of between 1pm and 2pm we could have this happen so people won't be in massive ques or something

Maybe I could set up Twister for when everyone with regular tickets are waiting to get in which would give people something to do? :DD

Just look for two or three zombies with a twister mat when trying to find us :D

--------------------------

For next years Telford Expo, I think it would be fun if we had some games to play during the expo like they have done in previous years.
The first year I went, there was a massive glomp where everyone went outside at a certain time and jumped on this one person which was loads of fun, and I think it would be good to do that again if anyone would be up for it or something.
Another idea I had was bringing a twister or kiddy games to play outside the main hall so there is a lot to do once people have finished looking around the expo.

If anyone has any ideas we could post it here and talk about what we could do (:
I will be taking a Twister hopefully so we can have loads of cosplayers from the same Anime or Manga playing against one another.

Also, I am taking my camera to practice taking photo's of all the people so if you want your photo taken for free than I'll be there (: If you want to see my other photography I have two deviantART channels i can show you which have my photography on

Just a few ideas before the expo which we can descuss :DD
Last edited by Jessicaaaarr on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessicaaaarr

Re: Expo Games and Photography

Postby SilverSheik on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Twister might be fun...

Perhaps some other games like...british bulldogs (or sharks and fishes...it has many names apparantly o.o) or stuck in the mud.
Theres probably more kiddy games but I cant think of many atm...

It sounds like fun though, if this happens I'd love to join in and help organise ^-^
SilverSheik

Postby Jessicaaaarr on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:45 pm

SilverSheik wrote:Twister might be fun...

Perhaps some other games like...british bulldogs (or sharks and fishes...it has many names apparantly o.o) or stuck in the mud.
Theres probably more kiddy games but I cant think of many atm...

It sounds like fun though, if this happens I'd love to join in and help organise ^-^

It'd be awesome!
Pass the parcle! Someone should bring like a boombox and we could play that game where people dance and when the music stops they have to :')

Awesome :DD
Jessicaaaarr

Postby Friesles on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:35 pm

This sound like so much fun! I can't wait! We could play Tag or Dobby whatever you wanna call it too :D
By the way, I'm taking my camera too and I'll probably take loads of pics :3
Friesles

Postby thevelvetonion on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Ahh I think this is a great idea (: I haven't played twister in years! or british bulldog haha i think the reason that has so many name is cause it was always banned at school for being dangerous...so everyone kept calling it new names XD well thats what happened at our school anyway XD
~emma~
thevelvetonion

Postby Hiname on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:19 am

What about duck, duck, goose? I like the idea of pass the parcel ^_^ Muscial chairs would also be fun but where we would get the chairs from i don't know XD What about peep behind the currtain? Wow this takes me back to primary school XD
Hiname

Postby dan-dan on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 pm

thevelvetonion wrote:Ahh I think this is a great idea (: I haven't played twister in years! or british bulldog haha i think the reason that has so many name is cause it was always banned at school for being dangerous...so everyone kept calling it new names XD well thats what happened at our school anyway XD

yeah our explorer group renamed it zulu dog

and i might join in
may - syaoran, black*, DTK
dan-dan

Postby Friesles on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:15 pm

I just got an idea! What about a few games of Simon Says or something like the old games you used to play at Primary School, that could be quite cool XD
Friesles

Postby Jessicaaaarr on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Simon Says
Pass the Parcle
Twister
Musical Statues

Stuff like this hopefully :')
Jessicaaaarr

Postby AngelBless on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Musical statues sounds like fun, it's been forever since I last played that :D I'd love to play Twister but I'm a bit paranoid of my cosplay getting messed up if things get a little close XD Guess it depends how many people are up for it, I guess :3
Midlands '14- Serena (Pokemon)
AngelBless

Postby mangacookie on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:07 am

it would be soo awsome ^_^ havent played any of those games since primary school :D ,, duck duck goose would be awesome but just imagine if there are alot of people playing, dead before im half way x.x xD
mangacookie

Postby xxlilmisssakuraxx on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 pm

wow ... that would be soo awesome! I'll make sure to come n join... n hopefully bring my cosplay group with me :P :D can't wait!
xxlilmisssakuraxx

Postby Yukito097 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:09 pm

What's that game where you move towards the person who's "it" when he isn't looking, and freeze when looks, and if you're caught you have to move back? Whatever it was called, we should play that! XD
Next MCM Cosplay: Clow Reed
Yukito097

Postby oElectronic on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Yukito097 wrote:What's that game where you move towards the person who's "it" when he isn't looking, and freeze when looks, and if you're caught you have to move back? Whatever it was called, we should play that! XD

What's the time Mr Wolf...?
oElectronic

Postby AngelBless on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:10 am

I think it's called 'red light green light' or something (in America, anyway). In 'what time is it Mr. Wolf', players ask that question, a time is said, like 5 o'clock, and everyone takes that number of steps forward. Then at any point they can say 'dinner time!' and everyone's gotta run away, trying not to be caught. I'd play either of them tho', they were awesome fun :D

I checked on Wiki to make sure I hadn't mixed my games up. I haven't played them since infant school :lol:
Midlands '14- Serena (Pokemon)
AngelBless

Postby SweetOcarina on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:55 pm

If you want practise with taking photos of large cosplay groups, we have a very large (8 people!) group planned for Feb. We're looking for a photographer right now so it'd be great if you could spare a few minutes to snap some photos =D
SweetOcarina

Postby Friesles on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:01 pm

About the photography in my Vocaloid group there will be about 11 people. So we'll be a pretty big group lol
Friesles

Postby JaxSax on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 pm

What about Break/Street Dance Battles/Group Dance compotions, 3 rounds per single or group dances. Just an idea for fun, make up own moves or copy from an anime dance.
JaxSax

Postby mandi taichou on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 pm

I would love to take part in some of these games :D i haven't played british bulldog in years (due to like most schools it being banned xD)
And Red Rover!!! i love red rover!
mandi taichou

Postby mangacookie on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 pm

whats red rover? sounds interesting xD :D
mangacookie

Postby mandi taichou on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

mangacookie wrote:whats red rover? sounds interesting xD :D

Red rover is where you have two groups, they join hands and the opposite side names one person who has to run over and try and break through (people may name it something else) its like bulldog in a way, but only one person is moving - if some one can explain it better be my guest! x3
mandi taichou

Postby mangacookie on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 am

mandi taichou wrote:
mangacookie wrote:whats red rover? sounds interesting xD :D

Red rover is where you have two groups, they join hands and the opposite side names one person who has to run over and try and break through (people may name it something else) its like bulldog in a way, but only one person is moving - if some one can explain it better be my guest! x3

lol sounds quite deadly?

im in ~!
xD
mangacookie

Postby StaticZeta on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Why dont we try and get the Black Butler cosplayers together and play human chess??
StaticZeta

Postby Jessicaaaarr on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm

Well I have a friend who will be cosplaying Kuroshitsuji I think so I could ask her to ask the group since she knows them all

And this all sounds amzing! I shall edit my post with the ideas so far :D
Jessicaaaarr

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT