Goodie Bags

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories. Dont forget to visit the main website at http://www.londonexpo.com for updates also

Goodie Bags

Postby Viral on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I'll keep it short as I hate to complain as once again I had an amazing time at the expo :) .

Basically, I'd like to know who gets the goodie bags now. I stewarded a couple of seasons ago and was told to give them out to people starting from the front of the queue. However, it was completely different this time. I bought my early entry ticket and was definitely one of the first 100 people in. In the queue I couldn't help but see the stash of 1000s of goodie bags just lying on the ground, and no one giving them out! There were a good 5 stewards just leaning against the fence of the queue just talking to each other, with all of the goodie bags behind them. After a while of walking round the hall I realised a few people had the bags, and they obviously queued after me, which doesn't make sense. If I paid extra for the early entry, and was one of the first people there, I should have got a bag. I've been to the expo 4 times now, always bought early entry (4 times meaning twice each time, in total 8 expo days) and have never once received a goodie bag. My question is, what warrants an attendee one of these bags?
Viral

Re: Goodie Bags

Postby PandoraCaitiff on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:00 pm

What day and time? All the advance entry and weekend-ticket people I saw got one (me included). And they gave out bags both Saturday and Sunday.

On one of the days some guys in the queue were collecting the unwanted B-Girl DVDs and managed a pile of 104 before they started letting people into the main hall.
Pugna vox
PandoraCaitiff

Postby Viral on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Saturday. I was in the queue an hour of half an hour before the doors opened.
Viral

Postby Yatak on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 pm

I queued on the friday (had a weekend ticket) before the doors had opened... No one got a goodiebag.

Seems fair.
Yatak

Postby advocacy canine on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:30 am

Goodie Bags? What Goodie Bags?

I had a weekend pass and was there not long after opening on Friday. This is the first I have heard about a "Goodie Bag".

*is confused*

Oh well!
advocacy canine

Postby ThatAngryPunk on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:14 am

If the goodie bag was what I think it was then I don't think you missed out on much. Unless you really like bad dance movies.
ThatAngryPunk

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:59 pm

I had an early entry ticket for Sat and didn't get a bag. Myself and my friends saw them piled up on the floor also and wondered why they weren't being given out to the early entry queue.
Doubt I missed anything exciting though.
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Yatak on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Leonie Heartilly wrote:I had an early entry ticket for Sat and didn't get a bag. Myself and my friends saw them piled up on the floor also and wondered why they weren't being given out to the early entry queue.

Proabably just a couple of dvd's and a billion leaflets on what we don't want to buy.
Yatak

Postby ThatAngryPunk on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Yatak wrote:
Leonie Heartilly wrote:I had an early entry ticket for Sat and didn't get a bag. Myself and my friends saw them piled up on the floor also and wondered why they weren't being given out to the early entry queue.

Proabably just a couple of dvd's and a billion leaflets on what we don't want to buy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0964179/

I know this was the DVD as it was being handed out on the Sunday along with some Dead Rising dice. I didn't get early entry either so god knows why I got these. But yeah, not much missed.
ThatAngryPunk

Postby Viral on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Any comment from staff?
Viral

Postby Granny Gertrude on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:17 am

There were about 4000 goodie bags made up, these would have been split to be issued on Saturday and Sunday. There are not sufficient 'goodies' for over 46,000 people ^_^;

I'm not sure the staff that handle queues and goodie bags are on the forums. It's not something I'm involved with myself so I'm not sure how the system works.
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby FullMetal_Alchemist on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:47 pm

the goodie bags get smaller and smaller each year, i remember four years ago at my first expo i got a massive naruto goodie bag packed with lots of things and now its the odd dvd and a few leaflets :/
FullMetal_Alchemist

Postby PandoraCaitiff on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:35 pm

FullMetal_Alchemist wrote:the goodie bags get smaller and smaller each year, i remember four years ago at my first expo i got a massive naruto goodie bag packed with lots of things and now its the odd dvd and a few leaflets :/

Its all promo stuff from companies, and as we're (still) in a recession, the companies don't have that much available for advertising. I expect they see adverts on TV or line as being better value for money that convention freebies.

Now personally I liked the DVDs (apart from B-girl), and the Dead Rising dice were pretty nifty. Some of the leaflets were of interest too. But its all free, so if you don't like something, give it to someone who does. I often give away my unwanted freebies as presents to my friends who couldn't make it to expo.

I think I got more in May, but that could also be luck of the draw. I doubt the suppliers give the Expo 4000 copies of everything. More likely they get a whole bunch of stuff and try to divide it sort of equally.
Pugna vox
PandoraCaitiff

Postby Admin on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Can I just make an obvious point here, the bags and goodies in them are given out FREE.

Expo is the only event that gives any bags of substance away free in the UK.

I am sure some people are not happy with their contents but would you be happy if Expo decided to withdraw them?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ozzie on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Complaining about free stuff? It's more likely than you think. ¬_¬

I personally didn't get one. Train delays made me 2 hours late on the Friday so queuing hall was empty and we waltzed straight in. Then straight in the next 2 days. No biggie. It's a pretty neat thing but nothing to be devistated about should you not get one.
Ozzie

Postby Admin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Exactly why there were no stickers in there!

And Don't SWEAR!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ozzie on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Kisuke Urahara wrote:NANNY MCPHEE STICKERS OF COURSE, I LOVED STICKING THEM TO THE FLOOR/WALLS/EVERYWHERE WHEN FORCED TO WAIT AN EXTRA HOUR ON SUNDAY EXPO IN MAY

As a foot note that dazzling display should have been brought to the attention of Tate. A true marvel of modern art.
Ozzie

Postby coslink on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Such a big mistake to put in stickers that expo! I personally gave mine to my neice
Anywho, There isn't quite a feeling like opening your goodie bag. No seriosuly, I love it! ^^ I love the variety in the Dvds, I always trade with a friend if they have one I like!
I do however wish that that there were a little less leaflets, a couple is fine, hords of them get irratating and probually end up in the bin by most people.
Please don't stop goodie bags, keep them coming, they deffinitly encourgarge a minority of people buying an early entry! :)
keatonprincess.deviantart.com
coslink

Postby LadyLaraCroft on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:07 pm

I saw that some people got some Mai.HiME, an anime I have been wanting to watch for AGES, so I was peeved when I got 2 copies of B-girl and a copy of Bangkok Ninjas. I get the feeling I got a defective one, but still, not impressed ¬_¬
I am TheEmoEmu. Deal with it.
LadyLaraCroft

Postby Admin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:56 pm

ou could have always given the FREE goodie bag back, then the contents that you did take away would not have disappointed you.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby fiona_951 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:33 pm

I didn't get a goodie bag and I queued for ages =(

But i'm sure they were good? I didn't get one last year either! Perhaps i'm just unfortunate, but they always looked fun. Besides, FREE STUFF. Stop complaining. Haha
fiona_951

Return to GENERAL CHAT