Guest Suggestions

Discuss MEMORABILIA @ the NEC Birmingham, this is also where guests are announced and discussed. Don't forget to visit the main MEMORABILIA site also http://www.memorabilia.co.uk

Re: Guest Suggestions

Postby malc75 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm

ray galton and alan simpson
jimmy perry and david croft
dick clement and ian le frenais
john sullivan
all who have written scripts that surely most people love,an alternative to the usual suspects
oh and franc roddam aka quadrophenia and auf wiedersehen pet! :D
malc75

Postby NeoJonz on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:03 pm

One person I would like to meet, mainly because so many of her stories are missing from the BBC archive, is Jackie Lane (who played Dodo Chaplet in the Hartnel Years of Doctor Who).

Its most likely too late to get her for this year, but maybe for a future event.

I'd also second the post to see Clive Dunn, he is someone I would really like to meet.
NeoJonz

Postby whome3000 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Dwight Schultz (aka Murdock from The A-Team) & Mr T. would be good to have A-Team reunion maybe one of the Van replicas as well.....
whome3000

Postby WaveCrest on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Any cast members from the Law & Order shows.
WaveCrest

Postby Admin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:56 am

ourkes wrote:well done for getting dirk benedict although thats the first time ive ever seen him charge twenty quid.i see that you cant get dwight scultz so what about going all out for MR T and for once be the first event that hes ever appeared at.also hope you have some star wars guests lined up.would be good if you could get nigel planer to go with christopher ryan for the young ones plus roy marsden with to go with chris for the driscoll brothers.would also love to see some of the cast of KES a ever popular british film

We have approached him before but he has shown no interest in attending our kind of event.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby andini on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Danielle Harris!!

Asia Argento!!

Dario Argento!!!!
andini

Postby james130 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:28 am

So far looks like another memorabilia I wont be attending. :(
I come back all over the year to check the guests and used to love coming to the shows.
No Buffy, Angel or Dollhouse guests. :(

I know a number of members of the Dollhouse cast are doing a convention in April and a number of Buffy starts are still running the convention circuit but they no longer seem to be included at memorabilia.
Such a shame.

It's a long shot but if you could ever get Eliza Dushku to return I may die of excitement.
james130

Postby kirk_villa on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Thumbs up to whoever mentioned Danielle Harris
kirk_villa

Postby whome3000 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:50 am

UPDATE: Ye I got the name wrong for the Midlands MCM Expo incorrect - and put Trafford instead of Telford.... I was sticking up for you guys at MCM (for once)- as people where asking when the next announcements where likely to be put up hey.... end of the world I got the name of the event slightly wrong!

One thing you have to remember that it may or may not be children putting posts on here so it would be nice not to insult people if they get something slightly wrong.

I guess now that the 'Trafford' show as been and gone that there will be the next batch of announcements / updates on here for the NEC show...

I see some of the Fantom Films guests have been put up the other day
Last edited by whome3000 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whome3000

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 am

whome3000 wrote:I guess now that the 'Trafford' show as been and gone that there will be the next batch of announcements / updates on here for the NEC show...

I see some of the Fantom Films guests have been put up the other day

Whome sarcasm is a waste of time, you know well what the name of the event last weekend is as you have mentioned it before.

Would it be better to not have yo on the boards anymore as the posts you do make are non constructive, confrontational and sarcastic.

Where do you want to go from here, your choice to tow the line or not, to stay or to leave over to you!

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:33 pm

ourkes wrote:I just think theres a bit of frustration on this forum with the lack of announcements ,couple of decent guests but nothing to shout about yet and show is getting nearer and nearer

We announce guests as we have them.

Getting frustrated is a complete waste of time considering it will not move anything any faster.

The event will take place, NOT get cancelled, guests will get announced, some people will like them and some people wont.

In a nutshell.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby vintagesw77 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Tom Baker
Lalla Ward
Louise Jameson

PLEASE
Last edited by vintagesw77 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA - PHANTOM
CYLOB49
vintagesw77

Postby andini on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:20 pm

crippsy_99 wrote:Personally id like to see guests from:

and a big vote for glamour models! They were great to meet.

How about Jessica Jane Clement from the Real Hustle?
andini

Postby reesfinlay on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 pm

lenora crichlow please. that would be the best thing everrrrr.

also the vampire girls from dr who
anyone from Twin Peaks, Supernatural, Primeval.

and howabout the ironettes from iron man 2 ;)
reesfinlay

Postby DGTWoodward on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:13 pm

obiyoda wrote:Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb and risk being deleted(sounds like the matrix), but I am heartily underwhelmed by the guests this March. With the exception of the guests from Being Human, the others are not very impressive. Now I realise that cost comes into it but surely we could have guests of the calibre of previous years. I remember Ray Park having his very first signing at the Memorabilia just before Phantom Menace was released. Eliza Dushku anyone? And the list goes on, but this time there are no BIG stars from the popular shows like Stargate Universe, Supernatural or Fringe. I mean yes Allo Allo was good way back when, and I even enjoyed Cell Block H, but now I have moved on and would love to meet some of the stars of the shows I have mentioned. Okay perhaps Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki may be out of your price range, but what about Jim Beaver, Misha Collins, Mark Shepard?
Come on give us reason to pay the price to come. Please I beg you, I really enjoy my visits but part of that enjoyment is spotting the stars not playing the 'Oh he'she ain't dead yet then!' game

I know that it is all a matter of personal taste, but I really think that this show's guests are a disctinct improvement over the last couple of shows.

Still onwards, how about a WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY reunion? I know that it would probably be too late for this event and time has conspired against me so that I now cannot attend this time anyway...but it would be great if you could get the greats from the show for the November event, such as...

Josie Lawrence
Mike McShane
Ryan Styles
Greg Proops
Colin Mochrie
Sandi Toksvig
DGTWoodward

Postby vintagesw77 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:14 pm

I think the guest list is fantastic as there are plenty of iconic UK stars attending. It makes a change from the obligatory stars of here today gone tomorrow American tv shows that have cluttered the cons in the past few years.

Id like to see -
Mary Tamm
Sarah Butler
Louise Jameson
Fenella Fielding
AKA - PHANTOM
CYLOB49
vintagesw77

Postby simbaman on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:01 pm

The cast from the recent Mad Dogs 4 parter on Sky 1 would be great!
simbaman

Postby whome3000 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:04 pm

As you have had Huggy Bear in the past how about - David Soul (as I believe he still lives in the UK)
(and bring one of the cars as well)

or how about The Cape Cast - as you have already got at least one of the cast scheduled how about....

Summer Glau

Or how about.... any of the cast from...

No Ordinary Family
V (the remake)
V (the orignal)
whome3000

Postby Mr.Markzilla on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:12 am

Still waiting for Bruce Boxleitner who cancelled the November show because of Tron Legacy.
Also Anthony Stewart Head was going to turn up to one show and so was the one who played Winston Zedemore in Ghostbusters, Ernie Hudson and the return of Danny John Jules.
Like to meet Elizabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane) and both Romanas Mary Tamm & Lalla Ward (imagine those three with Tom Baker at one show!)
Just begun watching The Fall Guy on dvd again (need season 2 onwards) How about Lee Majors, Douglas Barr, Heather Thomas, Markie Post and the forgotten member of the A-Team Melinda Culea (Amy)
Would also like to see voice artists from Masters Of The Universe, Transformers (G1 cartoon only) and Thundercats
And very big long shot the true believer that is Stan Lee
Nuff Said!

Great line up of guests for the March show, just bought the Hammer Glamour book to get autographed and, I know it's not about guests but just a simple request, can we have some classic arcade machines at the show? Maybe with a competition like we had in one of the November shows a few years back?
Last edited by Mr.Markzilla on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning. Yellow crayons do not taste of bananas.
Mr.Markzilla

Postby reesfinlay on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:45 pm

judging by the show guide were getting 3 of the red dwarf cast aswell???

either way im liking this shows line up
reesfinlay

Postby Mr.Markzilla on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:55 am

Just had this really great idea for a guest at the Memorabilia. Bruce Campbell from Evil Dead. I now want my Limited Edition Evil Dead 1 dvd book edition signed by Ash.
Oh an Linda Carter, the real Wonder Woman. (in her satin tights, fightin' for the rights...)
Warning. Yellow crayons do not taste of bananas.
Mr.Markzilla

Previous

Return to GENERAL CHAT