Sports guests..

Discuss the 'MANCHESTER MCM EXPO', Manchester's Comic Con at Manchester Central formally the G-MEX in the heart of the City.

Tell us what you would like to see and do.

Sports guests..

Postby brumbeat on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

firstly, great to see another show with sports guests.
Am hoping that, with the show being in Manchester, it will allow some 'Northern' ex footballers, who would not go to Birmingham or London;

Gary Neville (to launch his media career/sky sports)
Everton 1995 squad= hinchcliffe, Watson, rideout, ebrell, etc
Liverpool legends = highway, keegan, barnes, rush, hansen.
I could go on, but you get the idea!

hope we get announcements soon - I gotta make travel arrangements from Cornwall!!
need to know if i should book!

derek
brumbeat

Re: Sports guests..

Postby Kieron on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:17 pm

100% agree with Doddy, Boxers! Especially Hatton bros, Naseem Hamed would be great

Apart from Boxers, ex MAN UTD PLAYERS please!!!

As event in Manchester I'm sure there should be a few. Would love to meet a few of the 68 European winning team, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton, Pat Crerand, Alex Stepney, Nobby Stiles!!

99 treble winners, Gary Neville, Teddy Sherigham, Nicky Butt, Dwight Yorke etc

Please try and get a few of these Im sure they would be very popular and bring in lots of punters! cheers
Kieron

Postby LittleBayPony on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:02 pm

if you bring in ex man utd players, my dad is gonna end up coming with me xD
LittleBayPony

Postby whome3000 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:55 am

For anyone putting ideas up about sports guests here is a responce back (which original featured in the now locked sub-topic guests)

Re: Guests

by Admin on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:47 pm

This event is not just about guests, there will be some but as with London it is about the overall event.

Local advertising does not start until 2 to 3 weeks prior to event and never would.

Make of that as you will.... BUT yes there should be a great oppertunity for some sporting guests with especially what's based up the road
whome3000

Postby vintagesw77 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 pm

looks like its just going to be a bunch of herberts dressed up as magical japanese herberts then.
Shoot yourself in the foot you will without the guests. They bring in the business and thus the stalls make money too.
AKA - PHANTOM
CYLOB49
vintagesw77

Postby brumbeat on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:45 pm

I do not get involved in 'Cosplay' but, am happy if thats what others want to do. we all have our own interests.
Live and let live.

I know sports guests are only a part of the show, but its the part of the show that will ultimately decide if me and my 26 friends will drive up from cornwall (coach 'provisionally hired!)
I guess we will have to wait a few weeks to find out sports guests. Not ideal for our planning, but, no other options.
we have a couple of the group have said they will decide next weekend (2 july), because of booking work time off.

would appreciate a rough estimate of date of guest announcements though. its a big task making arrangements for almost 30 excited sports autograph hunters!
LOL!
brumbeat

Postby 18blue78 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm

With a month to go any sports guests would be welcome but I would suggest trying to get Jason Robinson.
He lives in the north, is a huge sporting icon, and with the Rugby World Cup only a few months away he could be nice way of cashing in on the growing interest. As far as I know Jason has never done any sort of event so he would be a big draw for sports autograph collectors.
18blue78

Postby Kieron on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 pm

If you can get any one of Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran or Marvin Hagler to attend the whole uk boxing community would show up at the event - all in all great profit for organisers and great guests for fans!!

Other than that, Nathan Cleverly would be a great guest. I don't think he's done an appearance like this before and he's an extremely popular young boxer and recently became world champion.

Finally Prince Naseem would be my dream guest, amazing fighter unique style

Please try getting a couple of theses guys down MCM!!!! :D :D
Kieron

Return to GENERAL CHAT