Guest Suggestions

Discuss MEMORABILIA @ the NEC Birmingham, this is also where guests are announced and discussed. Don't forget to visit the main MEMORABILIA site also http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham

Re: Guest Suggestions

Postby whome3000 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 am

homocide wrote:whome your agruments are becoming none sensical for 20 years wwe wwf and wcw have drawn viewing figures comparable with top flight football matches on the same channels murdoch would im sure glady turn over one of the hundreds of unused channels available to garner a share of the subscription charges ala espn . everything shown on sky is ultimatley controled by bskyb which by the way rupert murdoch is a majority shareholder but isnt outright owner

Well in reality more people watch the repeats in the UK of Dads Army (2m) than the average viewing figures for scripted matches of WWE on Sky Sports, etc (201,000) and that's when the repeats up against The X-Factor. If those viewing figures where on BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4, CH5 they would not show it again. The only reason they do in the UK is because there is still enough people even at those low levels that they can make money out of by charging people to watch it, especially the bigger scripted matches where the viewing figures will go up.

So ye I guess when you start to look at those viewing figures you can start to see why you don't see so many sport stars for these events. :lol:
Last edited by whome3000 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:32 am

Talie wrote:
leigh wrote:i wish they would get some wwe stars, or rocky stars this is the 1st event in years i havent been tempted by at least 1 guest, its worse line up in a long time, couple of good sport stars but seen them last year, hope theres some good announcements to come

Dear god no WWE stars

:shock: most amazingly and shocking for some people on here that not everyone like sporting guests (hope some people was sat down for that :lol: ) just like not everyone likes the various TV / Movie guests. As always it's in the eye of the beholder, as some people will come 100's of miles to see some sports star from yesteryear and other will not, same goes for the TV, or Movie stars.

Also some people love when the Wrestling Show appears at the event other people do not, same goes with the Robot Wars Show.
Last edited by whome3000 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:37 am

Anyway - as this topic is actually called - Guest Suggestions:

Warehouse 13 cast
Lynda Carter
John Noakes
Colin Cant
Peter Davidson
whome3000

Postby TheNewNumber2 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 am

I'd like to second all the Dad's Army suggestions. I'd love to meet some of them.

Also, here's a few more:

Francis Matthews
Sylvia Anderson

Anyone who was in The Prisoner, e.g.,

Jane Merrow
Rachel Herbert
Earl Cameron
TheNewNumber2

Postby andini on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:08 pm

whome3000 wrote:
Talie wrote:
leigh wrote:i wish they would get some wwe stars, or rocky stars this is the 1st event in years i havent been tempted by at least 1 guest, its worse line up in a long time, couple of good sport stars but seen them last year, hope theres some good announcements to come

Dear god no WWE stars

:shock: most amazingly and shocking for some people on here that not everyone like sporting guests (hope some people was sat down for that :lol: ) just like not everyone likes the various TV / Movie guests. As always it's in the eye of the beholder, as some people will come 100's of miles to see some sports star from yesteryear and other will not, same goes for the TV, or Movie stars.

Also some people love when the Wrestling Show appears at the event other people do not, same goes with the Robot Wars Show.

Can't understand why, when you've got loads of guests already thast you're interetsed in, you continue to shoot down those who suggest anything different, and continue to make multiple guest requests for even more people you'd like to see.

You may want to sit down for this but not everybody likes Doctor Who and 80s sitcoms. :lol:
andini

Postby whome3000 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:40 pm

andini wrote:Can't understand why, when you've got loads of guests already thast you're interetsed in, you continue to shoot down those who suggest anything different, and continue to make multiple guest requests for even more people you'd like to see.

You may want to sit down for this but not everybody likes Doctor Who and 80s sitcoms. :lol:

It' might amaze you but....
(You appear to hate the 1980's for some reason, and believe every TV sitcom was made then, TV is 75 years old today!)

I think you'll find Dad's Army was not filmed during the 1980's (It was infact 1960's/1970's)
Warehouse 13 is not Doctor Who
Lynda Carter was on TV mainly during the 1970's (oh and yes did not appear in Doctor Who)
Martin Freeman - TV/Film Actor (NOT from Doctor Who)
Una Stubbs - TV/Film Actor (most known from 1970's Worzel Gummidge and Sherlock these days) (Not from Doctor Who)
Herbert Lom - Film Actor (including a some of the Ealing Comedies) (Not from Doctor Who)
John Noakes was not in Doctor Who or an 80's Sitcom
Peter Davidson (yes he did appear in Doctor Who) - But he has appeared in a vast amount of other programmes

Also most of the guests suggestions I have listed have not appeared in a 80's sitcoms or Doctor Who :lol:

Also I have not once said I was intrested in any of the current guests I have just said that some people like to see some of those people that are currently listed as they want to meet / see their childhood 'friends/heroes', etc
whome3000

Postby firefly827347 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:04 pm

I personally can't stand wrestling, boxing or football so most of the sporting guests that have been booked now and in the past haven't interested me at all. I am into Formula One though so I'd love to see some past (or present!) drivers.
firefly827347

Postby AdamPink on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:56 pm

The current guest list is doing nothing for me :(

I wish they'd announce a WWE/TNA wrestler. Whenever they've had wrestlers in the past, they get some of the longest queues of the day. Quoting viewing figures of a channel only a small % of the UK actually has is a bit irrelevant. These wrestlers still attract 10,000+ crowds with every show they hold here. Do the cast of obscure TV shows from 30 years ago?
AdamPink

Postby CaptainKindling on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:40 am

I know a lot of people aren't happy with the guest list so far, but I just want to say I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the guests in a couple of weeks :) Derek Jacobi's a legend, Bruce Boxleitner is Tron (enough said!), and the three from Game of Thrones are all enough to keep me hooked. Nice work, can't wait to hear more announcements.
I know where my towel is.
CaptainKindling

Postby whome3000 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:14 am

obiyoda wrote:I thought this was the guest suggestions pages not the whome page??

Yes indeed it is the guest suggestions page, my longer message was regarding that certain people on here believe that every British Actor has been in Doctor Who or a 1980's sitcom - and I was re-listing who I had previously suggested pointing out that they where mostly wrong.
Last edited by whome3000 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:21 am

homocide wrote:dads army their all dead arent they and whome perhaps if wwe was given a prime time slot on free tv not on a subscription only channel at 2 in the morning theyd have those figures too

1. No they are not all dead - indeed one of the lead actors from one of the episodes is already listed on the guests page
2. I was doing it from the event's point of view as do you think they would bring guests if they think that not many people actually watch what they are in (i.e. if only a few hundred thousand watch, how many could they expect to turn up). But that's up to the event itself. As I am sure if they got a really big sports name lots of people would turn up for just them, it's just how much the relevant WWE star would charge I guess.

Also just because you appear to have never heard of World of Sport does not mean that the UK wrestling that used to be shown within that was not popular. Which made household names of quite a few of the wrestlers that where on that show, hence the reason it is currently been repeated. Also some of the wrestlers from those days keep trying to get it back on TV, along with the new and up and coming wrestlers.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:28 am

There has been quite a few guest updates put up overnight - including more sports stars
whome3000

Postby dbeck96483 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:55 pm

SUGGESTIONS? I WOULD LIKE I MEAN I WOULD FRIGGIN LOVE THESE GUYS!

GET READY, HERE GOES

KIEFER SUTHERLAND
CARLOS BERNARD
DENNIS HAYSBERT
PHILLIP GLEMISTER
ROWAN ATKINSON (MR BEAN)
ROBBIE COLTRANE
DANIEL RADCLIFFE BON
JAMES CORDEN
MATTHEW HORNE
IDRIS ELBA (LUTHER)
MICHEAL GAMBON
ROSS KEMP
FREEMA AGYEMAN

OH OH OH ANY 1 FROM MERLIN AND JONAS ARMSTRONG (ROBIN HOOD)

SHAMELESS,

ANY 1 LOL! HANDS UP SHAMELESS FANS :-)

IVE HUNDREDS MORE LOL

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER LOL - IN MY DREAMS! :lol:
dbeck96483

Postby dbeck96483 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 pm

ROBBIE COLTRANE

DEAN LENNOX KELLY

SEAN GILDER

ANY SHAMELESS GUESTS WOULD MAKE MY DAY

EDIT BY MOD: Please stop repeating guest requests.
dbeck96483

Postby bunny on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Any chance of getting Martin Stephens for The Village of the Damned Reunion? He was fantastic in it.
And would like to see William Hobbs for the Captain Kronos Reunion.
bunny

Postby dbeck96483 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:53 pm

hey there im sorry If I have posted comments in multiple dozes I dont know whats happening my comments dont appear It might be my browser but anyway apologies every1 :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:
dbeck96483

Postby dbeck96483 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:54 pm

dbeck96483 wrote:ROBBIE COLTRANE

DEAN LENNOX KELLY

SEAN GILDER

ANY SHAMELESS GUESTS WOULD MAKE MY DAY

EDIT BY MOD: Please stop repeating guest requests.

sorry about that MOD I think my computer has lost it lol :?
dbeck96483

Postby dbeck96483 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:56 pm

whome3000 wrote:How about Matt Smith or Karen Gillen to complete the current cast line up from Doctor Who as guests

yes yes yes oh god yes please :roll:
dbeck96483

Postby firefly827347 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:58 pm

dbeck96483 wrote:sorry about that MOD I think my computer has lost it lol :?

I deleted the repeats and I'll let you off this time :wink:
firefly827347

Postby beermoney on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:58 pm

beermoney wrote:Great guests added today keep up the good work. Any chance of any Game Of Thrones actors please? A lot of the actors involved have done other great tv and films. Charles Dance, Mark Addy, Iain Glen, Peter Vaughan, Julian Glover, James Cosmo, Maisie Williams, Roxanne McKee, Miltos Yerolemou anyone really please!

Thanks guys I have some Games of Thrones guests to meet! Still 2 weeks to go so looking forward to more guests being announced :D
beermoney

Postby reesfinlay on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Natalia Tena!!!
reesfinlay

Postby simbaman on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Could someone explain why guests can be seen on the site in picture form but not listed on the forum?

Can admin confirm that the likes of Alexandra Bastedo and William Gaunt are attending as they do not appear anywhere on the forum?

Cheers. :?:
simbaman

Postby CaptainKindling on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:47 pm

reesfinlay wrote:Natalia Tena!!!

Oh. Hells. Yes.
I know where my towel is.
CaptainKindling

Postby firefly827347 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:10 pm

simbaman wrote:Could someone explain why guests can be seen on the site in picture form but not listed on the forum?

Can admin confirm that the likes of Alexandra Bastedo and William Gaunt are attending as they do not appear anywhere on the forum?

Cheers. :?:

Guests have always been announced on the website first. I'm sure the forum will be updated later on but the website is the first port of call for guest announcements until the admins have time to post on the forum as well. If they are on the website then they are attending.
firefly827347

Postby Admin on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:59 pm

homocide wrote:im guessing we can forget any substantial guest anouncments then. i find it hard to believe no wrestlers of any kind have been listed bret hart mick foley scott hall and ted dibiase were huge draws and youve opted not to have theyre like attend bit strange i detest football but fully understand the huge following they have and respect that ditto with the boxers and previous mma stars looks like ill be working this weekend after then

Sorry to hear that but as we have said many times we can not please everyone all of the time.

May be in March.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT