Its Getting Close Now... How About A Guest Announcment?

Discuss MEMORABILIA @ the NEC Birmingham, this is also where guests are announced and discussed. Don't forget to visit the main MEMORABILIA site also http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/birmingham

Its Getting Close Now... How About A Guest Announcment?

Postby Hustler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi all..

Really looking forward to the March show...

Its getting close now and still no signs of any guests as yet...

Would be nice to get a guest announcment very soon dont ya all think????.....
Hustler

Re: Its Getting Close Now... How About A Guest Announcment?

Postby malc75 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:10 pm

yes totally agree with you,but as usual it all happens at the last moment,i would be looking foward to it if i knew who was attending!
malc75

Postby firefly827347 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 pm

There's a show in a couple of weeks so odds are the folks in charge are busy finalising things for that. Announcements will come, but a bit of patience may be required :D
firefly827347

Postby anakha on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Give the guys a break!

The mcm guys have the midlands expo to sort first!
Not all guests will commit to things until the month of the event.

Just because there is nothing showing doesn't mean that things aren't being done.
anakha

Postby reddragon on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:53 pm

anakha wrote:Give the guys a break!

The mcm guys have the midlands expo to sort first!
Not all guests will commit to things until the month of the event.

Just because there is nothing showing doesn't mean that things aren't being done.

All very well you saying have patience but if there are no announcements soon then I and others may not be going due to travel costs etc.

Other organisers have guests announced months in advance.
reddragon

Postby anakha on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:29 pm

The MCM crew haven't let us down yet on an event.

They are trying to work on two events on the same day.
If you think you can do a better job then set your own ones up.

What correlation does "not being able to go due to travel costs" and "no guest announcement" have?
anakha

Postby DGTWoodward on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Further posts if they carry on will be deleted without warning!

Excuse me, the inference from the words "Further" and "Without" is clearly there that I would receive a warning before a post is edited, you have just written that yourself.

So exactly what warning did I get that the post in question was going to be edited?

Correct.
Last edited by DGTWoodward on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGTWoodward

Postby reddragon on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 pm

anakha wrote:The MCM crew haven't let us down yet on an event.

What correlation does "not being able to go due to travel costs" and "no guest announcement" have?

MCM has let me down on numerous occasions hence the reason I asked for at least one guest announcement to make up my mind and you knew that but were just being awkward. Do you work for them or something?

I agree with DJT Woodward. This whole event is changing for the worse especially in its organisation - other people are doing a better job.

I always used to enjoy the event but it is turning into Expo which has aleways been hell in my eyes. Pointless complaining though because nothing ever changes.....
reddragon

Postby Rarewolf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 pm

It pains me to say I can't disagree with any of that.
Rarewolf

Postby Admin on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 pm

reddragon wrote:

MCM has let me down on numerous occasions hence the reason I asked for at least one guest announcement to make up my mind and you knew that but were just being awkward. Do you work for them or something?

I agree with DJT Woodward. This whole event is changing for the worse especially in its organisation - other people are doing a better job.

I always used to enjoy the event but it is turning into Expo which has aleways been hell in my eyes. Pointless complaining though because nothing ever changes.....

We have only let you down if you dont like the guests who have been announce where a lot of people do.

We say time and time again not all uests will appeal to all people and we will never guarantee to get someone for everyone!

It is your personal preference if you dont like the guests, not that they are bad.

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rarewolf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Admin wrote:
We have only let you down if you dont like the guests who have been announce where a lot of people do.

But you haven't announced any yet - thats the problem.

Take your rivals for instance, they've got loads of current actors - I've at least heard of most of them. None that interest me at all, but I can see they will be popular with others, that the event should do well.

I like to book early, it means fares are cheaper. It means I have more money to spend at the shows. I've pretty much decided I'll sit this one out, you've done nothing yet to convince me otherwise.

Which is a pity; the NEC and Excel Centres are my favourite venues.
Rarewolf

Postby DGTWoodward on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Further posts if they carry on will be deleted without warning!

Excuse me, the inference from the words "Further" and "Without" is clearly there that I would receive a warning before a post is edited, you have just written that yourself.

So exactly what warning did I get that the post in question was going to be edited?

Correct.
DGTWoodward

Postby simbaman on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:57 pm

I have mentioned before about using limited suppliers of guests, allstar signings for sport for instance, and I would agree that the lack of announcements will only stop some from bothering to check on a regular basis. As stated, its not as if other competitors are not announcing guests way ahead of the events, so I presume there is no real reason why this can't be done.

I don't think the organisers should see these comments as negative, but actually as constructive. They have chosen not to look further afield in terms of sports guests suppliers and that is their perogative but comments on here are only made to try and make the show more successful, not to cause trouble.
simbaman

Postby reddragon on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Admin wrote:
reddragon wrote:

Admin

I have never been let down by the guests - the guets list for me during previous events has been really good, I have been let down by the organisation of the events such as queue control.

The point of my first post was that thtere are no guest when other events have them 6 months in advance. Surely if you want people to attend, guets should be announced mre than a month in advance?
reddragon

Postby whome3000 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:46 pm

I would expect that there will be no - announcements until after the other event on the 18th. As I do believe they have a very limited amount people running things they will be all tied up with that event.

BUT after that I am sure there will be guests updates, etc - mostly on the 'main' website, with limited amount listed on here.

Well with the cast taking a break from filming S7 of Doctor Who around the time of the event - maybe they could get the main leads for both days. As I know they have all started to do various signings in the past.

Maybe even the new companion ? :)
whome3000

Postby Charmer on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:35 pm

It would be nice to get guest announcements further in advance, if only so we all have more time to save and budget for who we want to see etc. I'm sure there were a load of announcements at least 3 months before the November Memorabilia so I have to say I'm getting a bit worried about this event now.

I understand you have other events to work on too, but some updates would be nice. Other rival companies can keep up with updates, even with other events on, so it's clearly possiable to do.

If it's a case of lack of staff then I understand more and would be more than happy to help if I'm able to in any way.
Charmer

Postby purplehoodedwarrior on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:06 pm

I think what is meant is the other shows announce guests as soon as the contract is signed with a guest, usually months in advance. This means people get excited about an event and spread the word to friends, family and on networking sites which in turn adds more paying customers to your events which I'm sure you would welcome. Also in these times of financial uncertainty people have to be choosy about splashing out so the earlier tey can commit to an event the more they can save on early train tickets, hotels etc. by leaving it to the last minute people may commit to another show that gets hyped up purely because they have announced guests in advance and your show misses out while their show gets more popular.
purplehoodedwarrior

Postby Charmer on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:21 am

purplehoodedwarrior wrote:I think what is meant is the other shows announce guests as soon as the contract is signed with a guest, usually months in advance. This means people get excited about an event and spread the word to friends, family and on networking sites which in turn adds more paying customers to your events which I'm sure you would welcome. Also in these times of financial uncertainty people have to be choosy about splashing out so the earlier tey can commit to an event the more they can save on early train tickets, hotels etc. by leaving it to the last minute people may commit to another show that gets hyped up purely because they have announced guests in advance and your show misses out while their show gets more popular.

That's about right I think. I guess on one side you're more likely to get cancelations with guests announced asap but at least you have a chance to see who you want to meet and save for them all.
Charmer

Postby whome3000 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Charmer wrote:That's about right I think. I guess on one side you're more likely to get cancelations with guests announced asap but at least you have a chance to see who you want to meet and save for them all.

A lot of the guests and I mean a lot of the guests - come from third party companies / groups / charities of late, so as both the two main ones have started to post guests a while back - you might be just as well to look at their sites for updates and to post them suggestions if you want any partical guest.

I guess it could be slightly more worrying with the addition of Expo in the next hall this march, as I guess they will be stretched very thinly on both events on the same day I guess. (Hopefully they won't stretch any guests between both events and just keep the guests in Memorbila). I believe the Robot Wars is been shifted into Expo. But I guess the Wrestling (if it's there) will still be in Memorbila.

But maybe as it looks like pratically only a few hundered people have been looking at / posted anything within the 'NEC-Expo' sub-section that maybe there's not much intrest in the Expo ?

Wheres as the Memorabilia Event's Sub-section has had many thousands looking at / posting.

It kind of makes you think which could be the more popular event - only time will tell I guess.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:57 am

The 'first' batch of guests would now appear to have been announced now.....
whome3000

Postby jorgea on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:53 pm

It's about time. How much longer? I hope they announce something soon here at http://www.mcmexpogroup.com
jorgea

Postby simbaman on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:05 pm

doddy wrote:simberman in all fairness allstars do try and get as mant top class sports stars as possible . for one it makes great bussiness sense to get them here. also ive spoke to allstars in person and via phone calls and i know they are constantley trying to bring in what the fans want . ive only attended 5 shows to date but ive got about 60 autographs . :D

My point is, is that a lot of former footballers are signed up to various agencies and this restricts allstars to who they can approach. Having different agencies as with the media guests, means that there is a wider choice. I know for a fact that many of the former players I would like to see, are never going to appear because they are signed with other agencies, therefore my interest is going to be minimal. I'm not saying that allstars do a bad job because they do source the best stars they can, but it is a bit restrictive and that is a shame. Furthermore, it would explain the lack of announcements to a certain degree. If allstars do not intend announcing guests, then this website remains 'guestless' which cannot be commercially very good for MCM.
simbaman

Postby whome3000 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 am

There are actually a few Sports Stars already listed on the main site and have been for a while but for some reason it looks like the web-editor forgot to turn on the images on the front site - if you go through to the sports sub-section they are ALREADY listed.
whome3000

Postby whome3000 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:30 am

Ye so the biggest 'current' US name of Kevin Sorbo has had to pull out due to film schedule clash but I am really sure that some really big hitters will be listed very shortly now that last weekend's event has finished.

Especially as they are going to be running two events at the NEC on the same days - I am sure they will have some really big names to bring in the crowds to help launch the 'double' event.
whome3000

Postby Lowehart on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Memorabillia always has TONS of great guests on the cards. The fact that there's a double-con means we can expect great things this year.
Lowehart

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT